TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I've got to agree with others, when in doubt about wearing a costume the general rule is don't. I won't make it to Fright Fest this year, just curious if the park still is doing the Roadkill Kitchen show. I ran sound for that one for a year so I've got a bit of a soft spot for that show.

So, why is Magic Mountain so late at announcing the 2011 'gift?'

Well one of the 'gifts' was already announced, the roller skater. We already know about Superman but maybe were going to get a Staryflyer on top of the mountain! You'd get a really nice view.

Well one of the 'gifts' was already announced, the roller skater. We already know about Superman is getting rehabbed, but maybe were going to get a Staryflyer on top of the mountain! You'd get a really nice view.

Well one of the 'gifts' was already announced, the roller skater. We already know about Superman is getting rehabbed, but maybe were going to get a Starflyer on top of the mountain! You'd get a really nice view.

As nice as a Star Flyer sounds at SFMM, I can't imagine them getting one now that Knott's is getting Windseeker. I know that both SFMM and Knott's have or have had the same rides, but that's usually the smallish flat rides.

Eric

^^ Then they should have closed the pool and slides closest to Flashback so it could run.

At one time, you could buy beer at Das Alpenhaus (what is now Mooseburger Lodge), and wine at the Four Winds Steakhouse (what is now Laughing Dragon). But that was before Six Flags bought the park, and I agree that selling it in the park now is not a good idea. Some people can handle a drink or two, but too many cannot. Besides, do you really need alcohol to have fun at a theme park? Personally, I don't drink, but I'm not against others who do, provided they act responsibly.

Maybe I missed it...about these "gifts:" has anyone actually said that SFMM was getting anything in particular for 2011? Here, of course, is the roller skater and rehabbed Superman. We've all heard that Six Flags was going to go all out for its 50th anniversary next year, but as we've seen, there's been nothing "earth-shatteringly" big announced throughout the chain. A few Star Flyers, a relocated standup coaster, our own roller skater/rehabbed launch coaster. Perhaps just having come out of bankruptcy, Six Flags is holding back a bit till it gets more solid on its feet. Just a guess, of course.

Eric

^^ When the park opened in 1971, the building that is now Laughing Dragon was called "The Four Winds." At the time, it was the park's premier restaurant. It had a view (from the top of the mountain), and served a decent steak dinner. You could order fine wine (and I think beer). Laughing Dragon opened in the same building many years later (late '80s I believe) and never served any alcohol. Under Six Flags' ownership (since 1979), no alcohol has been served anywhere in the park to my knowledge.

I couldn't tell you the last time Laughing Dragon was open. It may only be open during holidays and special events now.

Hope that clears up everything.

Eric

Although I can imagine beer prices upwards of $12, and though I would never pay that price, I don't see a problem with booze in the park.

It would be nice if you could walk around with one or buy them at stands like cotton candy, but that will never happen.

The last time I saw Laughing Dragon open was the summer of 2006 because Tatsu was brand new. I remeber eating there then I went on Tatsu right after and nearly threw up my pizza.

Anyway I really don't care all that much if they do sell alcohol or not. Thought I am still underage by a few months. But when I am 21 I don't really plan on drinking all that much (if ever). So I guess I think it will be good thing becuase the park will be making alot of money off something that is not coming out of my pocket. And I don't think the 21 and over crowd isn't that bad any more so I don't see it becoming a problem with who is drinking and how much.

I wish parks would sell beer at a reasonable price. Maybe have some way to have drinks limited if they are worried about angry people. Sometimes it really is nice to sit at a bench listen to the park noise and just relax with a drink. I can't wait to see that restaurant open though, as it always seems weird to see it closed.

Scream is all around fun, there is no reason it should go.

That's my favorite ride. Especially since my feet can basically touch the track and my hands can hit the tree's leaves. Its super scary and so smooth! Always must ride the front to understand this more.