TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If project 18 is a coaster, there's really nothing from stopping them from building around and over existing coasters, they've done it before, which means it could go anywhere. I like it when parks intertwine track from different rides, the mass of "steel fun" looks awesome.

sorry to diverge from the current discussion but i was wondering if anyone here is going to fright fest i hear alot of talk about it but very few state if they will be attending. As for myself i will be down in LA from the 22-24 and six flags will be the main atraction for 2-3 days so i hope i get to see some of you there

I'm very interested to see what SFMM does here with Superman. I've been on this coaster a few times and it's an awesome ride, but, gets old kinda quick. I'm sure the park will do something awesome judging from the Terminator: Salvation the ride, of which I was very skeptical about but after I rode it I loved it!

^ I think its worth it. We are taking a trip down there for 3 days just because of FF. Last year i went and i just loved the experience. The park is transformed to a totally different place especially at night. And riding X2 close to midnight is amazing. But overall alot of fun at the park.

The first rows of the last 2 cars of Viper are awesome!

I completly agree !

At WCB Tim said that Viper isn't going anywhere for a long time, and I really hope this is true. Also I might be going to Fright Fest on Sarurday, and since it is the first day of Fright Fest do you think it will be crowded than any other date?

^The one thing I'd like to point out about Viper that many forget, is it underwent alot of modifications in the development stages since its two older sisters weren't "quite right". Viper is one of the better Arrow loopers still around, and I wouldn't mind it staying for another 10 years or so.

^^^ Viper is a "scrunched" version of Shock Wave and GASM---in order to contain about the same amount of track on a smaller site, its layout had to be compressed. Hopefully the improvements made to it will help keep it around awhile.

As for Colossus backwards, I know at one time they only ran it from about 6pm till closing. Have they started running the backwards side throughout the day?

Eric

^^^ Viper is a "scrunched" version of Shock Wave and GASM---in order to contain about the same amount of track on a smaller site, its layout had to be compressed. Hopefully the improvements made to it will help keep it around awhile.

As for Colossus backwards, I know at one time they only ran it from about 6pm till closing. Have they started running the backwards side throughout the day?

Eric

I am not 100% certain, but I think it was 6pm last year. If I remember correctly, I knew I had to go over to Colossus later in the day to ride it backwards..

I'm hoping to get up there next Sunday as I have a free parking pass through the rewards program.

Colossus backwards is quite the experience.

Imagine if they were to run it backwards permanently... there's your third 'experience'!

Okay, sorry for the annoying question...

But...

I'm coming from Wisconsin to Magic Mountain in late October. I only have one day there Would going on Friday the 22nd be my best bet? I am trying to avoid buying a Flash Pass. Would I need one that day? How crowded would you expect it to be?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the question.

Anyone going on the 23rd?

If so, try to find a glasses-wearing ZOMBIE!

I might dress like a zombie.

MIGHT!

I believe SFMM's policy is no costumes for people who aren't like 7 and under (or some certain age), so IDK if that's a good idea...

^Don't be stupid.

The 12 & Under costumes is designed FOR CHILDREN. And as much as you're acting like a child it's not appropriate for you to dress like a zombie. Plus I guarantee they will tell you to take it off before the real events start in the evening.