TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^To further what your originally said, I've never been an advocate of higher-ups using cell phones whule operating rides. If your making rounds in the park its fine, but if you are in rotation at a ride, I feel you should adhere to the same safety guidelines as the operators. I don't care what position the employee holds in the company. If their in operating a ride they should not be on a handheld device, doing paperwork, or anything else that splits their attention.

Screamscape posted another rumor about "Project 18". Its only 2010 so I have a feeling by the time this ride gets announced the rumors for this ride are gonna get quite old and rediculous

2012 - Project: 18 - In Development - (9/2/10) Lots of rumors are starting to float in about just what Project: 18 may really be. Unfortunately they are running wild… talking about everything from a full blown B&M Dive Machine to unique medium sized coaster oddities like a ZacSpin or S&S El Loco. Of course the one theme most rumors have in common is that whatever it is, it should feature vertical or beyond-vertical drop(s).

I still think the "18" part of "Project 18" refers to SRMM's 18th coaster. Sure, it could be an 18-story tall dive machine. Or a coaster with an 18-car train. Or a track that's 1800 feet long. Or it'll cost $18 million.

Nope. 18th coaster. Mr. Six's DanceCoaster (or whatever it'll actually be called) is No. 17. This project is No. 18.

Eric

I still think the "18" part of "Project 18" refers to SRMM's 18th coaster. Sure, it could be an 18-story tall dive machine. Or a coaster with an 18-car train. Or a track that's 1800 feet long. Or it'll cost $18 million.

Nope. 18th coaster. Mr. Six's DanceCoaster (or whatever it'll actually be called) is No. 17. This project is No. 18.

Eric

Is there any chance project 18 is what is happening to SupermanTE?

I can't see MM getting this, plus the dancecoaster, and another coaster all for 2011.

^ Not necessarily. Superman remake and Roller Skater in 2011, Project 18 in 2012. Remember, the Roller Skater is already on site and simply has to be reassembled. Easy. Superman just needs the car turned around (if that's what's in fact going on). If so, relatively easy. And they can be doing ground work for Project 18 at the same time, with full construction in mid- to late-2011 for a 2012 opening. Very do-able.

Eric

I'm gonna assume that they are making at least one side of side of Superman go backwards by next year. That being said, all this talk about some sort of Dive Machine for 2012 seems kinda wierd considering making Superman go backwards is a very similar concept.

I know that Dive Machines are full circuit coasters and what not but it seems kind of strange that SFMM would do that to Superman and then make a similar concept in a rollercoaster the following year. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see a B&M Dive Machine or Eurofighter at SFMM but it seems unlikely to me considering if they make Superman go backwards IMO.

^ My guess is project 18 represents the park's 18th coaster, to which there is no way a Superman update can be that. I think were looking at 2012 at the earliest. As for a "Dive" coaster, keep in mind lots of coasters start with verticle (or beyond verticle) drops. Everything from a Euro-fighter, Dive Machine from B&M or even something like Maverick. It's way too early to make too many assumptions. I just hope it's cool!

Might as well add the Intamin Vertical Lift coaster also known as Fahrenheit at Hersheypark. As much as I love B&M coasters something from Intamin might be a nice change despite their not so stellar safety record.

At the same time does Magic Mountain really need more inversions?

^It's because of people like you that nobody takes Screamscape seriously...

And yes, the possibility of them running S:TE back at its full speed has been discussed. But nobody actually knows anything at this point so it's all just speculation.

I'd vote Intamin for Project 18 if I could choose. I have nothing against B&M but the B&M to Intamin count in the park is a bit one-sided.