TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So, if this is true, they've fired 3 of the best GMs from 3 of the best Six Flags parks (in my opinion)?

And this makes sense...how?

Mad!

I agree...Great Adventure was already good...

SFDK had turned a corner recently and was getting better.

SFMM still needs work but everything I've read says they were back on the right path as well.

Should be interesting to see the reasoning for this come out.

Jay is a great guy, and Big Mike was very impressed by his hard work and friendly nature.

Good luck to Jay in the future!

Wherever Jay winds up, Big Mike will make a special trip to see him and share another meal together.

Peace, Big Mike

26730_393087491824_704696824_4252692_5750076_n.jpg.bec0c9503da8c76de54bc50fc4d7e04f.jpg

Cool dudes!

If this is indeed true, it suck-ity sucks. Jay was always a welcome face to see at SFMM. Perhaps Neal Thurman will either move up or will be changed to be Park Director/Manager...who knows. Wherever Jay is headed, I wish him the very best.

Eric

It's true, Screamscape just announced they have the list of the replacement names and will supposedly release the names tonight in a update.

I'm not too familiar with the other parks and their Presidents but I'm sad to see Jay go. I think he has really been a breath of fresh air at Magic Mtn. Today, I believe the park looks the best it's ever been since Premier came in and destroyed it in 1996 and that is all due to Jay and his influence on the SFMM team.

Hearing that Jay had been fired; I honestly thought they would promote Tim Burkhart since he's been with the park for so long but I can tell you this; SFMM will be making Six Flags history with their announcement...

^ It should not effect West Coast Bash at all. We work mainly through group sales for the event.

--Robb

Sorry, I didn't mean to set off any alarms with my comment, I was more referring to the awesome Q&A sessions that WCB is known for. I have no doubt that WCB 2011 will be the best one yet (I mean, they keep getting better each year anyway).

Maybe Jay will be the replacement for Li'l Dickie over at Cedar fair. Mind you, I'm just being silly.

This would have been a great April Fool's prank, but if this is true, it's not funny.

It's really "Big Dick" at C.F. He has lost it over the years. Jay was the best guy I've ever met at any of these parks . That's a big loss for 6 Flags and mostly Magic Mountain.

While I haven't seen anything official, I'm hearing that the new Park President will be Bonnie Rabjohn, who was with the park for many years from 1989 - 2007. Here's her linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bonnierabjohn

I haven't seen an official announcement about this yet. Let's see what Screamscape reports tonight.

--Robb

^^^ If you look at her profile she was with Marketing and Public relations while at the park. Interesting, she was there during the Time Warner phase of the park, and she currently works at Warner Brothers. It's kind of an interesting choice if you ask me. She's also a local girl, so hopefully this means she has some loyalty to the park in some way.

If anybody remembers the marketing in the early 90's when Viper, Batman, etc was there, you'd always see Six Flags on TV, in Print, etc. Not to mention when Hurricane Harbor opened.

I also think that the park was a MUCH more well-rounded park back then than it is now. I'd honestly be thrilled if they didn't put anything new in next year and instead rehabbed Jet Stream, Log Jammer and Colossus.

I understand that she's qualified, but I still don't understand getting rid of Jay.

I agree...I'm personally a bit disappointed that Jay's gone...but this will definitely make things at SFMM interesting (as if the speculation over Superman wasn't already making this thread interesting enough)!

What if it's Del Holland?

But I remember Bonnie. She was indeed a nice person to talk to whenever I saw her at the park.

I can't say it enough times, I'm going to miss Jay and wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Eric

I understand that she's qualified, but I still don't understand getting rid of Jay.

Me thinks the new CEO took a look at some of the salaries and decided to slash, regardless of the great jobs they were doing. Just speculation on my part, but something similar is happening at the company I work for.

Me thinks the new CEO took a look at some of the salaries and decided to slash, regardless of the great jobs they were doing. Just speculation on my part, but something similar is happening at the company I work for.

Been there. Done that. Yes that is what I think is happening here. Good call John.

^^ Agreed. Whenever a new CEO comes in there is always going to be some kind of shift in upper management/reorganization. My company goes through a re-org roughly every 12-15 months.

At the end of the day, I don't think the official word is that Jay was "Fired" but it will be corporate speak for something like "Early Retirement", "Company is going in a different direction", etc.