TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The thing that i hate about flash Passes ( Especially platinum) is that the GP gives you these DIRTY, UNCOMFORTABLE, DEATH STARES. This teenage girl was looking at me when i was on ninja and was shaking her head at me and was MAD! She looked like she was gonna kill me if she had the chance. Luckily the ride started. Besides that, the Flash Passes are awesome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that a reverse launch could never happen on Superman. While the launch might be tolerable, a reverse drive trip would significantly injure the passengers. At least that is what I read when a reverse launch was previously requested.....

So yeah, SFDK also has this but it's about $60 more for our party of 3. I'm thinking it's not really worth it for double rides when you can just queue up the gold and wait a few more minutes to ride again.

Would you even say any flash pass is worth it at SFDK? I been there about 6 times this season and if you get there even at 11 you can go on every ride at least once, as long as your fine missing the animal shows which have gotten more boring. Plus the roller coasters are somewhat scattered around the park (I.E. Long Walks).

However me and my friend might get one during fright fest, so we can go on each coaster at night. Worst part about fright fest in SFDK is they closed down the bumper cars for a maze.

^^OMG HERE WE GO AGAIN!

I don't mind the stares either. But what do you do if you have the platium & you get to stay on for a second ride but the person waiting for your seat starts to yell at you to move it is there a worker there to let that person in line waiting for your seat know you get a second ride? I don't care if they are pissed off only if a worker notifies them.

^^OMG HERE WE GO AGAIN!

I don't mind the stares either. But what do you do if you have the platium & you get to stay on for a second ride but the person waiting for your seat starts to yell at you to move it is there a worker there to let that person in line waiting for your seat know you get a second ride? I don't care if they are pissed off only if a worker notifies them.

Yeah. Every time i use it, the worker tells the people i have a flashpass.

This is why I think Disney's FastPass runs circles around Six Flags' FlashPass. It's free, anyone can use it, and the line merges with the stand-by line at a point before the loading station.

Jus' mah 'pinion.

Eric

^Agreed. FlashPass needs to be somehow integrated into the queue, and FlashPass shouldn't include the option of picking a row. It's just really confusing for people waiting in line trying to get their groups aligned and on the same train.

My opinion on the stare issue is that Flash Pass users ought to be given something highly visible that they can display that would announce how cool they are that they have a Regular/Gold/Platinum Flash Pass, and can do what Flash Pass allows them to do. That would help GP's be less confused as to what's going on, and increase awareness of Flash Pass and its many advantages.

I used a FP in SFMM and SFGrAdv and never really got any stares. The fact that my girlfriend and I clearly speak another language might have something to do with that.

I do think however that the platinum flashpass is stretching it a little bit too much. In my experience, when FP-users enter the train it's either from the exit (and usually there are reserved seats then) or they just enter the station from a different entrance. By this, the disadvantages to the regular visitors aren't that explicit. When they re-ride, the person waiting in line actually gets explicitly affected by it, and I can totally see people getting frustrated over something like that. While using a gold FP on Kingda Ka, frontseat, I also thought it was super annoying when platinum riders did a re-ride.

We have the Qbots at a park here (Dreamworld) and there generally isn't much of a problem with the non-users. Most of the entrances for those with the unit are separate from the main queue. Every ride it is used at they have http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Visitor-Information/DW-Info-Q4U-FAQS.pdf posted in the queue line explaining what it is any why people are boarding before them. Those with the unit also see the below sign when it is time to board. We only have one level available for purchase so the standard/gold/platinum doesn't cause any extra problems with re-rides. I am surprised SF haven't done something similiar with sign-age. Would help them with income from extra rentals and a bit more general awareness.

IMG_0092a.jpg.94e9fb4532ef32b26f1bab662979861b.jpg

Qbot user sign.

I don't think people have a problem with the regular Flashpass because of the way they load the rides. They usually get put in before the gates open and the guests don't generally have an issue with that.

It's when you see that person arrive back at the station and then get to go again that I see there being problems.

^Agreed. FlashPass needs to be somehow integrated into the queue, and FlashPass shouldn't include the option of picking a row. It's just really confusing for people waiting in line trying to get their groups aligned and on the same train.

It does. On some rides, they do that. They do it for tatsu,riddlers revenge, batman, superman, revolution, basically all of them besides ninja do. But i kinda see what your saying. They have terminator's flashpass line more like they would at disneyland.

So if I have the platium q-bot & do my 2 rides at lets say Tatsu I can come back later in the day to do 2 more rides? & I know X2 costs $15 extra but if you have the platium do you get a reride? & You can request a seat I hope since your paying good money especially for the platium? & How long does it take to get the q-bot if I get there at 10 or 11?

With the flashpass you can ride a ride as many times as you like as long as you "reserve" it. I don't think the Platinum would be any different. I think you just need to "re-reserve" after your 2nd ride if you want to ride again. You can't just sit there and ride all day. LOL.

As for X2 ... not sure on that one. I do believe it's $15 per ride.

Its 2 rides for 15$ only on platinum.

Gold is 15$ for 1 ride.

Honestly though, platinum is good, but i'd prefer the gold flash pass for you. Its cheaper, and you barely wait at all. If you rode every ride twice, that might be over doing it. But thats just me.

Honestly Platinum is the Gold with an extra ride. Not worth it to me but what I eventually want to see is like the gold get X2 add on for as many rides as you want for X2. The 15 bucks per person per ride is kinda a rip off to me.

Andrew "I know it isn't gonna happen" Iorio

Honestly Platinum is the Gold with an extra ride. Not worth it to me but what I eventually want to see is like the gold get X2 add on for as many rides as you want for X2. The 15 bucks per person per ride is kinda a rip off to me.

Andrew "I know it isn't gonna happen" Iorio

When I was there X2 was only a 40 min wait and most of that was due to the ride being down for about 20 mins I think. this was on june 31st, 2010 I think.