TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ When was the last time Maliboomer had enough demand to use all three towers?  Even on the busiest days the ride would only have a 15min wait at most.  

I think it would be a great addition to Magic Mountain. Get rid of those damn scream shields and run one of the towers as a regular drop tower.

Yeah but Maliboomer sucks so why pick it up?

DingDingDing!! We have a winner!!!!

Yeah it sucks, but can't they run a different program than Disney did, and those scream shields gotta go. Besides that I think It would be a much better fit for SFMM than it was at DCA.

Second, I think the cup holders are before the queue, so no real difference in wait time, just don't have to get a locker for a cup.

I would think that SFMM would choose to go in a slightly different direction then what the competition already has.

Same could be said of Knott's when they built Silver Bullet.

Maliboomer would be a great addition to SFMM. Disney is eager to get rid of it and Thrill Shot at SFMM hardly runs and is rumored to remove it anyway. All SFMM would need to do is remove Thrill Shot, buy Maliboomer for a cheaper price rather than buying a brand new one from S&S, and re-name it, and boom, SFMM gets a much needed non-coaster thrill ride.

We've all been saying SFMM needs a drop tower, so why complain about its height, program, etc.?

I would think that SFMM would choose to go in a slightly different direction then what the competition already has.

Same could be said of Knott's when they built Silver Bullet.

Well not really. Silver Bullet is larger, faster with unique elements. While Maliboomer would be a cheap addition and the park does need a drop tower, putting in something that Knotts already has feels a bit redundant to me. Not to mention the ride just isn't that good or special.

But, if they decided to buy the ride from Disney I wouldn't complain. It's mild enough to appeal to families I guess.

If I recall correctly, the scream shields on Maliboomer were installed because the ride is in a business/residential area, not unlike the reason for Knott's putting the shed on GhostRider's first drop and the tunnel on Pony Express. Regarding Supreme Scream, I'm kind of surprised they didn't put anything on there.

I have to agree with mr. cockblock...SFMM would get taller towers if they decided to get this type of ride. As drop rides go, I think something with a much higher capacity would work better there.

Eric

^Well what else is there to do in a discussion thread?!

Also, SFMM doesn't ALWAYS necessarily go for bigger is better. For instance, their 09 addition, Terminator, is even smaller than Ghostrider (and probably about the same thing in the GP's eyes). However, I think Maliboomer will probably go to some smaller, local park, if it gets sold. Plus, that leaves room for our gyro drop that totally IS coming. Because if we're gonna be labeled as a spoiled park, we better damn well get spoiled!

Get rid of those damn scream shields and run one of the towers as a regular drop tower.

Scream shields? I thought those were puke shields...

So the puke could fly up and stay where your head is? That wouldn't be pretty.

And even though it wouldn't "technically" be the tallest, if they put Maliboomer up on the Mountain, say in Superman Plaza, you'd get some pretty awesome views from up there. I'm pretty sure there is PLENTY of room for the ride in that area.

I like gyro drops, but those and regular S&S drop towers only give you that stomach feeling for halfway down the drop. They should get something like the S&S tower at Scandia. It gives you that stomach feeling the WHOLE RIDE because its pushed down, instead of just free fall. If they could get a GIANT one of those that would be INSANE!!!

I like gyro drops, but those and regular S&S drop towers only give you that stomach feeling for halfway down the drop. They should get something like the S&S tower at Scandia. It gives you that stomach feeling the WHOLE RIDE because its pushed down, instead of just free fall. If they could get a GIANT one of those that would be INSANE!!!

That would be an ARM-Larson tower (but yes, they're awesome). The thing is that Intamin towers work basically the same way, and Intamin makes towers way taller. The one at Scandia is as high as ARM makes their towers, so if SFMM wanted something larger, but with the same effect, they'd probably have to go with Intamin.

Edit: Paramount's CEO was just an interim one. That's why they got a new CEO so quickly, the other was just there to be the CEO until they found a permanent replacement for Shapiro.