TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Goliath stops on the lift hill on a fairly regular basis. I've noticed people walking down several times. It's just one of those things. Terminator being closed could have been a number of things. The fact that a crane was there suggests that it had valleyed, but I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. Everything in the park was running fine on August 1 when I was last there.

Eric

I would be surprised if they were replacing the lift motor already, but stuff happens.

Where is the retro Revolution train, didn't see it anywhere near the ride or transfer track, is it in rehab? Only had the two blue ones there, and one was covered with some advertising, you know, I don't even remember what was being advertised.

I went to the park last friday. I had a gold flashpass, which was amazing. Here were the rides waits throughout the day.

Riddlers Revenge: 45mins - 1hr

Deja Vu: 1 - 1.5hrs (couldn't reserve a time, my flashpass kept saying the ride line was FULL)

Terminator Salvation: 1hr

Goliath: 1hr

Viper: 15 - 30mins

Goldrusher: 5mins

Colossus: 30mins

X2: 2hrs

Ninja: 30mins

Tatsu: 1hr

Superman: CLOSED

I didn't visit Batman, Scream, or Revolution.

Wow, that's a big jump for 1 day between Thursday (when I was there) and Friday. The longest we waited was 10 minutes (and that was taking into consideration Terminator's pre-show).

We walked on everything else (Batman, Riddlers, Scream, Colossus, Ninja, Goliath, etc).

I'm not saying those times aren't accurate, and I get that a Friday would generally be busier, but that's a HUGE jump.

I hope they get those souvenir cup holders at SFMM soon. I don't really take anything that needs to be put in a lock*r, but SFMM is so hot, and the terrain is a workout, I really love the refillable cup. Up until now I been using my wife as a cupholder, pretty sure it was in our vows.

^ Those cup holders are a good idea, but the thing is that it appears that riders still have to go over to them and put their drinks there. Just like putting stuff over on the shelves, putting drinks into the cup holder will slow down the loading process. That is one reason that the park added the infamous $1 storage containers.

^^ At one point, I didn't think a 12th car could be added to the train because of the work that would have to be done to the loading platform to add the air gate for the new Row 12. But I guess it is possible. As for a 12th car on the train itself, technically, it already had one, only it held all the electronical stuff for the now-defunct soundtrack. In fact, a 12th passenger car may even weigh less with passengers than the other stuff (just a wild guess).

Eric