TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Really, nobody gave a crap about S:TE til now, I guess if this is a marketing ploy to get people talking it worked. I think considering they couldn't get a rollerskater up on a deadline, I'm thinking what if they screw this up too.

I'm gonna try to go back to not caring 'til they announce something. They still haven't said if they got the height requirement changed for Mr.Six.

I'm excited for it to run backwards! It has been something I've dreamed about ever since the first time I rode the "coaster."

Me too and you better not go without me. If that is what they really intend to do I think it'll be awesome.

I don't think this means much, but I am at the park right now and earlier, (behind superman's tower) there were these two guys talking. One had a nice, white suit on and the other had orangey clothes with jeans and a hard hat in his hand. The other hand had a walky talky. I overheard him say something like "Pinion Rag" or "Rack" and "When and where do you need them?"

I don't know if it had to do WITH the ride, but they were facing the ride.

Sorry to get slightly off-topic, but I was wondering if SFMM or Knott's would be more crowded this upcoming weekend? I only have one free day to go to the parks, but I can't decide between the two. Your thoughts? I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me! I'm touring the Disney Studios in Burbank until 11am and then I'm heading to one of the parks (if that helps).

Anyway, sorry again to go off-topic, but some input would be nice!

But back on topic, I think whatever happens at Superman, it'll definitely be big as they're advertising...have the folks at SFMM disappointed us over the past few years? Absolutely not! In my opinion, we are in the middle of a new heyday for this park! Everyone working on all the improvements have done a great job, and I'm sure we'll all be able to say the same for Superman when it reopens next year.

So, Dreamworld has it closed for like a month for the change and SFMM will have it closed for almost a year? Looks like they're trying to be ambitious again...

mightbe- If they can't get a rollerskater up what chance does Superman have of ever opening in the near future?-awannabe

Dreamworld have been working on this project since early March, it's just that the ride is only just closing full time for the final pieces of the puzzle.

What IS a Rack and Pinion?

I mean, i know what it is, but what rides use it?

X2 uses a rack and pinion system to rotate its cars. So clearly, this means that Superman is going to have an extra 100 feet attached to the top, run backwards, break the American speed record, launch backwards, and rotate at the top due to the rack and pinion system.

Sorry to get slightly off-topic, but I was wondering if SFMM or Knott's would be more crowded this upcoming weekend? I only have one free day to go to the parks, but I can't decide between the two. Your thoughts? I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me! I'm touring the Disney Studios in Burbank until 11am and then I'm heading to one of the parks (if that helps).

Anyway, sorry again to go off-topic, but some input would be nice!

But back on topic, I think whatever happens at Superman, it'll definitely be big as they're advertising...have the folks at SFMM disappointed us over the past few years? Absolutely not! In my opinion, we are in the middle of a new heyday for this park! Everyone working on all the improvements have done a great job, and I'm sure we'll all be able to say the same for Superman when it reopens next year.

All I can say is that crowds should be lightening up at both parks, since a lot of the kids in SoCal go back to school this week. And, as far as not being disappointed by SFMM, they didn't get Mr.Six up and running, which disappointed my daughter, she was really looking forward to having another coaster to ride. Beside that, Six Flags has changed management and who knows what kind of priority SFMM gets. Only time will tell.

What IS a Rack and Pinion?

I mean, i know what it is, but what rides use it?

X2 uses a rack and pinion system to rotate its cars. So clearly, this means that Superman is going to have an extra 100 feet attached to the top, run backwards, break the American speed record, launch backwards, and rotate at the top due to the rack and pinion system.

lol.

Well then, I was definitely wrong. But am never-the-less really quite happy with the development. I really love how management is making extreme efforts in making their collection the best it can be. We can only hope for a Colossus 2.0 --then we really will have nothing to complain about and will be the most spoiled market in the world as far as Roller Coasters go.

But apparently I and others here are "f***ing retarded" for engaging in a conversation about a completely unconfirmed rumor and not reading one post out of over a thousand pages in this topic that would clue in the ignorant masses about the parks plans. Not the classiest post I've seen from a moderator...

But apparently I and others here are "f***ing retarded" for engaging in a conversation about a completely unconfirmed rumor and not reading one post out of over a thousand pages in this topic that would clue in the ignorant masses about the parks plans. Not the classiest post I've seen from a moderator...

What? People can't use there imagination and intelligent minds anymore without being considered a retard on this forum?? This place is like Nazi Germany.

I swear, it seems like it is MORE acceptable to talk about the air conditoning at Studio 6f than to talk about physics and possiblities of the refurbishment. This place disgusts me.

I thought he was just quoting Mickey Mouse from an episode of South Park, and replaced Little Girls with People, but hey...

I was at the park yesterday and invited my friend whois on vacation from Ohio. She is a huge Cedar Point fangirl and swears that it is the best park "evar!!!".

So, while driving down the freeway and she noticed Superman and Sky Tower over the hill and said to me "I didn't know that this city had tall buildings like LA, too?"

Me: Those aren't Buildings, those are the rides.

Her: DAYUM!! Is that bigger than Top Thrill???

Me: They are both the same size as it.

Her: Oh snap.

I drove into the little parkway before you get to the parking lot and she took major note of X2.

Her: oh...my...god! Is that thing legal??? Wow you fall straight down with the seats MOVING!? Oh lord!!

Me: Nope its illegal. Just kidding.... maybe.

Then we entered the park. She immediately complimented how beautiful Tatsu looked with "The white loop" (Revolution) and the Flags and the fountain.

RIDES:

1) Viper

2) Revolution

3) X2

4) De Ja Vu

5) Ninja

6) Showed her how Superman looks from the launch and saw a sign. Got me all giddy, can't wait for it to come back.

7) Riddlers Revenge (She said it was waaay better than Mantis)

8) Gold Rusher

9) Colossus

10) Goliath

11) Scream!

12) Batman: The Ride (Short line, so we rode it twice)

13) To cap the day off, Tatsu.

I think we got lucky, since Terminator wasn't open and the park was somewhat crowded. The barbeque food is great since it didn't make me nauseas on the rides . We bought some souvenirs, won a bugs bunny prize, and played the 3 Point challenge when it was temporarily closed

On the drive back to my house she told me "You know what... this place was way better than Cedar Point."

i was like, aww

I was at the park yesterday and Terminator was closed. Anybody know why?

I was wondering the same thing. I took my nephew on Sunday who came from out of state and was really excited to get on Terminator and it was closed. As we were walking up to the ride around 1pm they were running an empty train and I had told him the ride had probably gone down. We got there and the guy at the entrance told us the ride was closed but had been open earlier in the day and to check back in a hour. We decided to play one of the games nearby and when we were done the Terminator crew was leaving the ride and told the people waiting near the ride that it was going to be closed for the rest of the day.

In all of my visits to Magic Mountain, not once have I witnessed a problem with Goliath. However, on Friday, I was getting on Colossus and as I was watching Goliath, it suddenly stopped on the lift hill. It stayed there for about 5 minutes, then suddenly resumed. About 15 minutes later after getting off Tidal Wave, I started walking to Goliath and noticed it was yet again stopped on the hill, this time with a worker standing there talking to the riders and people exiting the line. I came back about 20 minutes later and it was up. It took forever to get off the ride though, as they were running three trains and there dispatch times seemed sometime real quick and other times real slow. There were also mechanics in the station for a while while I was boarding watching the trains being dispatched.