TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I disagree, I think being head-first would be the most comfortable, because you'd be pushed into the seat instead of the top of the harness/restraint. Launching like that shouldn't be much different than riding the launch version of an S&S Tower, and the transition might not be much different than a pretzel loop on a B&M Flyer.

True, although all this depends on how the seats/harnesses/OTSRs are designed. The seats/harnesses would have to be completely new, although I imagine we would see the soft shoulder straps that i305 got. No matter what it would be very awkward.

Yes, I agree it would be incredibly awkward regardless. It would probably feel like sitting in the station or on the brake run in a Vekoma flyer, which is definitely a weird experience, lol.

Went to the park today (was supposed to go to Knott's, didn't feel like dealing with LA Traffic).

Park was moderately busy, but not terrible. Longest wait was probably for Terminator (Pre-Show). But they weren't making you stand through the whole thing, in each room they released you to the next before the previous one was over. I'd say probably 30 seconds to a minute before. Hopefully as they start to realize nobody is actually watching they will just make it the actual "queue".

Saw Superman test like 3 times (picture below). Scream has gotten REALLY rough (even in the front row).

Other than that, not much to report.

Superman.jpg.a4c302ca41874bd0faf28ad232738dfd.jpg

This picture was taken from the Tidal Wave queue, had to take a shot when I heard it.

Hopefully as they start to realize nobody is actually watching they will just make it the actual "queue".

Haha! I hope so, I really, really hope so!

I wonder what was going on with Superman that they would dispatch cars during operating hours?

^ I dunno, seemed kind of weird too. I only saw it test about 3 times and there were probably about 15-20 minutes at least between dispatches (which is why I had to just take the shot I got). I'm sure it dispatched more than that, but that was all I saw.

My guess is that since they are still testing things that we aren't going to get any kind of "full-circuit" design. This could also mean that it's not getting a new launch system. Perhaps they are testing on-board audio lengths? Of course, that's all speculation. Maybe it's something as simple as training or something.

Hey everybody. I've heard a few reports from late july claiming Tatsu was down. Is it still? Im visiting, and would really like to know. Thanks!

Really? You actually believed that?

^ Didn't really see it that close up to tell. But if you want to try and zoom in on that pic I took, be my guest.

The train in your photo is in the normal (i.e. facing forward) position.

Hey everybody. I've heard a few reports from late july claiming Tatsu was down. Is it still? Im visiting, and would really like to know. Thanks!

Really? You actually believed that?

If I remember correctly, someone said that it was closed recently, and maintenance workers were doing some welding on the loop.

Unfortunately, that info is buried in the pages discussing Superman.

THEME PARKS - ATTRACTIONS - OPENING - MARKETING

After almost 14 years of thrills and more than eight million panicked passengers, Dreamworld’s Tower of Terror ‘scream attraction’ is set for a relaunch.

Tower of Terror will close on 18th August and will reopen four weeks later, in time for the September school holidays, with a terrifying twist. Unlike the original, adrenalin junkies will be harnessed into the deepest depths of the Tower’s lair, facing nothing but a dark void. An eerie silence lasts for just milliseconds before the car blasts backwards rocketing guests out of a 206 metre tunnel at rapid speed.

Hitting up to 161 km/h in just seven seconds, riders soar 100 metre into the atmosphere dangling for several seconds of stomach-churning weightlessness at its peak before plummeting back to earth. However, with Tower of Terror II this plunge is face first.

Dreamworld Chief Executive Noel Dempsey says, “the Tower of Terror has been a rite of passage for almost every Australian teenager and the re-launched ride will build on that terror factor.

“It incorporates three major fears: high speeds, falling from great heights and dark confined spaces.

“Instead of facing the sky, all you see is the ground, first disappearing fast and then rapidly approaching as you plummet towards the tunnel.”

The last chance for guests to ride the original Tower of Terror will be Wednesday 18th August.

So it is possible then. d:

I knew it all along Superman would be running backwards at full speed! That does sound pretty thrilling going backwards up the tower. Can't wait to go on it again!!! If they were expanding the track there would have been markers well before now around Superman. So it's pretty obvious now what they are doing to Superman especially since that other park is doing the same thing. Backwards would make Superman pretty intense.

^I so agree w/you!!!

Edited by greatamerica1990sfan