TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think if they moved scream where Tidal Wave is and give it some Gotham theming it would do pretty good. Figure you would have three B & M coasters, of different types, themed as different Batman characters. How could you go wrong, but what character?

PS- I think Scream is pretty awesome, I think themeing and location are it's only issues.

I think if they moved scream where Tidal Wave is and give it some Gotham theming it would do pretty good. Figure you would have three B & M coasters, of different types, themed as different Batman characters. How could you go wrong, but what character?

PS- I think Scream is pretty awesome, I think themeing and location are it's only issues.

How many rides can SF add Gotham theming to? Its getting old. I am not a big fan of Scream either. It was a cookie cutter built for the number.

If they remove it, the park won't really lose anything but I'm guessing they'll keep it around for at least a few more years.

MM has the most inversions in a single park so you would bring your count down to 28 by removing Scream! You'd still be in the lead however!

Scream isn't one of my favorite coasters, but it was my Son's first 54" coaster so he still loves it. Although now that he's ridden Batman and Riddlers, he doesn't care about Scream as much anymore. Go figure.

I also agree that Scream would look awesome in Ninja's spot at SFOG.

I think the issue with Scream is the fact that you have Batman, Riddlers and Tatsu in the same park. It's definitely the worst of the B&M's in the park. Even Batman doesn't have that long of a line anymore and I'd MUCH rather ride that than Scream.

Just got back from a trip to the Mountain with my friend Jeremy (chickenbowl). It was pretty crowded for a Tuesday (Goliath had an hour wait!), but we still got in a lot of rides. We went to Goliath first which was good because it was not crowded at all on thaat side of the park. We also tried out that soad machine in the 6F store, and all I can say is Red Blitz Vault for the win! Tatsu was closed and when we got off X2 around 4:00 we noticed a crane on Tatsu. So we took a look at it and there were mechanics welding the ride around the pretzel loop. It was very interesting. So after that we rode Revolution and Viper, and the Arrow Magic Seat does exist! I have never had that good of a ride on Viper before, usually that first loop is pretty rough but this time it was smooth as glass. I did feel a little head banging in the batwing but it was nothing too bad. I also had an amazing ride on Terminator in the very back row. On that first drop it was nothing but airtime, it was crazy! All in all it was an awesome day at the park. Oh and and a few other things,we also tried out that soad machine in the 6F store, and all I can say is Red Blitz Vault for the win! And at the main store (I forget what it is called) and all around the park they are selling Bizarro merch. Jackets, shirts, and capes. Makes me wonder...

Ride count:

Goliath x1

Batman x2

Deja Vu x1

Terminator x2

Ninja x1

Log Jammer x1

Collosus x1

Scream x1

Riddlers x1

Goldrusher x1

Dive Devil x1

X2 x1

Tidal Wave x1

Jet Stream x1

Revolution x1

Viper x3

Edited by X2coasterfreak

^

What was the arrow magic seat?

Hmm, maybe there trying to make Tatsu's loop smoother.

I love Scream! It's just like Bizarro but without the audio, "S" shields, fire, and saw blade. If they took it down, Medusa would probably be the B&M floorless in Califormia.

Edited by SFMM fanboy

For those people who consistently comment about Scream being a parking lot coaster....well, so is Collosus and Goliath....they are both directly over the parking lot as well....sheesh, enough already....

THANK YOU!!! I never understood why people complained about Scream being over a parking lot when Collosus is sitting on the same piece of land; it's just been 32 years so the white lines of the old parking lot have faded.

Getting back to Superman, I look forward to whatever SFMM has in store. It's one of my favorite rides in the park. Granted the force is gone but it's still a fun experience. I'm hoping hey can redo the technology and get it back to the full 100 mph if not faster. A backwords side would be awesome as well but I'm not getting my hopes up for that. I know people complain about the lack of thrill on Superman but if you notice it's still after over 10 years one of those rides that people are "scared" to ride. It always have a ton of family/friends who chickened out waiting in the courtyard area and I don't think there wasn't a time when I've walked into the Fortress of Solitude that there wasn't people out front talking one or two of their friends/family into riding. "Don't be Chicken Carlos..."

How many rides can SF add Gotham theming to? Its getting old. I am not a big fan of Scream either. It was a cookie cutter built for the number.

Easy answer: as many as it takes. Thats like asking how many rides can California Adventure add Disney theming to. I mean if you have licensed characters you use them. At any other park Scream would be a top coaster, it just has to be in he shadow of a lot of other great coasters at SFMM and it's buddy Colossus has declined in popularity and doesn't get many people over to that part of the park. Theme it Bane put it where Tidal wave is, the GP will think it's a totally new coaster.

I've always said Scream could be a main attraction at another park.

Just like at SFDK, Medusa is their star coaster and it's a floorless of the same height and same number of inversions.

When I went to Magic Mountain I didn't even bother with Scream since my home park is SFDK and it looked exactly like Mudusa from a non-rider POV. I also din't go on batman since it reminded me as topgun/flight deck from California Great America (formally Paramount great America before the CBS/Viacom split)

For those people here who think Scream is just a "cookie cutter coaster"....think about this....so is Viper, Deja Vu, Batman, and Goliath....yes some of those were the first of their kind....but geez....Batmans are everywhere....there were 3 Viper style coasters and 4 deja vu's....and a better Goliath in Texas

I don't know what everyone's complaint is, heck I'm happy that SFMM is there and I have a place to go on vacation to ride coasters. I don't care if they are cookie cutter, or a little rough. Come to Vegas and ride the Manhattan Express or the Desperado on a bad day, then tell me about rough. I make it a point to try and get on everything when I get out there, I just enjoy coasters! Instead of complaing about it, I just want to go and have fun at the park.

Also on the subject of food from a few pages back, does anyone else make it a must to grab some french fries from the Fresh Cut Fries booth across from the Goliath entrance? I love their Cajun Fries!!! They are a must on every visit to the mountain for me!!

Gosh, I hope the park doesn't agree with many of you about Scream. I love the ride, and it has the only Cobra Roll in the park. Which other park can you think of that has both a Batwing and Cobra Roll?

Regardless if its over a parking lot or not, its a nice ride with a short line mostly because of its train design. I love Scream and hope it never leaves. Instead, I'd wish they'd do something about it surrounding environment.

Gosh, I hope the park doesn't agree with many of you about Scream. I love the ride, and it has the only Cobra Roll in the park. Which other park can you think of that has both a Batwing and Cobra Roll?

If you're referring to the double inversion on Viper that's right after the mid-course brake run, Arrow calls is a Boomerang element...not a Batwing.

^ Yea, everybody should be fortunate that SFMM has the rides that they have. I mean look, most people would only dream of living near a theme park like that. I know I do.

Exactly, I feel the same way and I have to drive six hours to get to the park. Over a parking lot? Who cares! Its a fun ride and that should be what matters most. Sure it would be nice to see something around it, I mean why not? But something silly like that is not going to ruin my experience on it or Goliath or Colossus or any other ride built on a parking lot. I'm not going to drive for six hours just to get all the way down there and say "oh, its over a parking lot, no thanks" that would just be stupid!

Fresh cut fries across from Goliath? Will for sure do that....mmmm!

My feeling is that I'm lucky to live 45 minutes from what I consider to be a decent collection of coasters. Maybe not the world's greatest, but for the most part a lot of fun.

The fact that Scream! is built over a parking lot has actually given me a few laughs because I always think about how much whining is done about that and how it makes no difference about the quality of the ride itself.

I do look forward to what SFMM has in store for us in the years ahead.

Eric

^ I meant "decent" in a good way. Once they get at least one coaster longer than a mile with multiple moments of good airtime, that "decent" will move up to "damned good" or even "great."

Don't get me wrong---I do enjoy what is there now and consider myself lucky to be so close.

Eric