TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ A repaint only takes a few weeks at most... especially for a ride as simple as S:TE...

The wikipedia article also give out a lot of information on Superman. You guys should give it a look.

Don't burst my bubble, I'm trying to burst yours.... (:

as for the new trains, i hope one of them is reverse. there is nothing stopping them from doing it. they don't even need shoulder harnesses, maybe just restraints that you would find on Goliath or Top Thrill Dragster. Only thing to worry about is people getting tossed forward from the initial thrust.

I'm guessing that given the recent trend for Intamin's coasters if the ride received new cars they would probably feature restraints similar to the current ones on Intimidator 305. This would probably solve the restraint issue for a backwards launch as they appear to be fairly snug on riders and would be able to prevent people from being thrown forward.

The wikipedia article also give out a lot of information on Superman. You guys should give it a look.

You do realize that anyone and their 1/2 cousin could edit it to say whatever they want, right? I could go on there and make it say that Superman: The Escape is being replaced by a White Castle.

@Mechanic: You might feel stupider for having read it, but think about it, how many other threads are this funny to read?

Just an FYI to anyone heading up to the park soon, train one on X2 was seriously hauling and giving amazing rides yesterday.

Also it looks like Colossus might be getting just a little TLC here and there as I noticed a bunch of wood and white paint between the lift and Goliaths helix.

I'm actually going to re-post what I said in the SFA thread because the same is starting to apply to the SFMM thread:

This thread has had a lack of any real substance for the last few pages. If there is ACTUALLY something going on at the park, I encourage you all to post about it.

If someone here wants to take the time to go do a photo lap of the park so we can see small detailed changes, I encourage that.

What I *DO NOT* encourage, is pointless discussion about "What If's" that could happen at the park.

You're just wasting our bandwidth.

I'm going to tell this thread right now - post about things that are happening at the park for REAL, not in someone's make believe mind, or you may see your posts gets deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

--Robb

Seriously, it's freakin' embarrassing to see some of what has been posted here in the past few pages. Do you honestly think anyone at the park would take this forum seriously in any way after reading the last few pages?

So please, stop with the stupidity.

Thank you!

--Robb

^^Those construction materials have been marshaled under Goliath for months.

The slab at the former flat ride site across the midway from Thomas Town has been cleared. Any hope of something new, or are they just landscaping an eyesore? It might have been that way for months (like the Mr. Six site) and I just didn't notice.

Does anyone have a list of Xtreme Play Pass restaurant discounts? I was denied again Thursday, this time at Wascal's (the fast food place between Thomas Town and High Sierra Territory). This is a generic Six Flags place, and I'm sure it is included in the discount program. It isn't worth arguing with a clueless, poorly trained cashier, and the line at Guest Services was longer than I cared to wait when I passed by. The park should have a hand-out for guests, or print the terms right on the pass. In spite of the huge improvement I've seen in the past few years, there's still room for improvements on the customer service side.

430446998_iPhone048_1.jpg.cc323c7411756cad6834bc1799311dc2.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain presents its newest attraction - dirt. Real dirt. Not make believe.

^Pretty sure i used my pass there before, I can't remember, but there was some issue where i could use it for one thing, but not another. I really do wish there was some sort of hotline or something where you could text and get answers when things like that happen. I mean as you say, a lot of the employees have no idea what the discount is, or that they even exist.

Just an FYI to anyone heading up to the park soon, train one on X2 was seriously hauling and giving amazing rides yesterday.

Also it looks like Colossus might be getting just a little TLC here and there as I noticed a bunch of wood and white paint between the lift and Goliaths helix.

How amazing? Like incredibly smooth amazing, or incredibly loud amazing, or both

It's nice to see SFMM repaint rides like BM:TR, Goliath, Posibly RR, and now Colossus.