TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Youtube to Mp3 converter.

The funny thing too, that link you posted is the one I converted, and it came out clean I must say. Also, it has a good bass kick to it.

I love seeing all the people dancing in the quene line like it is a rave.

And if I remember right, they used to have a strobe effect that made question marks line the wall and move, similar to the movie "Batman Forever."

EDIT: Now this makes me wonder. If they were to make one side of Superman go backwards or something, would that count as a new coaster, considering that the two tracks offer two diffrent expierances? It makes me think this is another way to regain the coaster title.

I highly doubt Riddler's will get a retheme anytime in the near future. Although I think a paint scheme switch would look awesome: black track, green supports, but I know that will never happen.

Back in '98 when the ride first opened the station was so awesome with the music blaring and the mess of strobe lights/question mark lights going all over the place. It seemed like those effects really got people excited to ride, including me!

Back in '98 when the ride first opened the station was so awesome with the music blaring and the mess of strobe lights/question mark lights going all over the place. It seemed like those effects really got people excited to ride, including me!

Not to mention the roar that ride makes. The whole expierence of that ride is great.

^I agree I would hate to see Riddler's get rethemed. It is iconic in a way and the music playing in the station is just awesome... I hope I'll be able to go back to MM soon to hear that music again
They need to keep that music in the station. It's one of my favorite station songs!

[Youtube Video] I wouldn't like a retheme, either. I do think a nice, fresh coat of paint would be nice, though.

Man, I haven't heard that song in forever. Brought back so many memories of being in that station so excited to ride but so drained from it being 95 degrees out.

^

I like that. It makes the coaster sound intimidating, despite how, well, dull the ride seems.

Just like the roar of Batman and Riddler's Revenge; It just makes the coasters look more exciting.

I guess it makes it exiting

Anyone know how crowded the park might be on 8-12? Plus how crowded the waterpark (SFHH) might be on 8-13?

LOL! I'm going to my favorite water park on Friday the 13th

^I think he also said that running Superman at 100 MPH increases the downtime by about 400%.

This is the reason why it doesn't go 100. It has nothing to do with costs. In terms of costs to run the ride, Superman is pretty much typical with other rides in the park. However, the ride doesn't run both sides because of low popularity, and hiring 2 more staff to decrease line time is...well, its not typical Six Flags practice.

^I agree I would hate to see Riddler's get rethemed. It is iconic in a way and the music playing in the station is just awesome... I hope I'll be able to go back to MM soon to hear that music again

I've never understood why the popularity of music in RR's queue is high, while X's music was pretty much hated. When removed upon a re-do, the park was applauded by coaster fans. They're both techno, both decent, and X even had different tracks of songs. But, hey, whatever.

I hope we get an Intamin Rocket. No, I am not kidding. Saw this image once, thought it was quite endearing.

Now this makes me wonder. If they were to make one side of Superman go backwards or something, would that count as a new coaster, considering that the two tracks offer two diffrent expierances? It makes me think this is another way to regain the coaster title.

The real question is: would Jeff Johnson count it as a new credit??

They need to keep that music in the station. It's one of my favorite station songs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCV-7gxJI0E I wouldn't like a retheme, either. I do think a nice, fresh coat of paint would be nice, though.

Thank you soooo much for posting that song. I've been dying to hear it since the last time I rode, which was 4 years ago

I can relive it now

^^That song is so amazing. Helps me to forget that I'm about to have my knee's shattered.

As for Senor Superman, I don't see why people think launching this backwards is such a great idea. You would get some minor whiplash both launching and braking at minimum, and it surely wouldn't help the already minimal airtime the ride has. Now, if anything (pipe dream here), I'd like to see it go floorless or something to that affect. Strip away that sense of security, and now you've got a much more frightening ride.

Of course, when that happens, hell will freeze, pigs will fly, and CGA will get a new coaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCV-7gxJI0E I wouldn't like a retheme, either. I do think a nice, fresh coat of paint would be nice, though.

Thank you soooo much for posting that song. I've been dying to hear it since the last time I rode, which was 4 years ago

I can relive it now

Your welcome. It helps me relive my ride of it, too.

Another thing for S:TE. I think if they lowered the front seats as much as possible and made the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows stadium style (where the seat in front of you is lower than your seat, and the seat behind you higher) it would improve the overall experience. Sitting anywhere but the front, you know that the view is horrible, so raising the seats can help with that. Another thing to improve the view is to lower that really tall front-of-the-train, so that you can fell the wind in your face more.

As far as this whole idea of Superman: TE having a BIzarro side goes, I am starting to doubt it. If that were to happen, they would have a sign saying "Something BIZARRE is happening to Superman: The Escape!" like they did to the other victims of this trend. I also believe a Drop Ride is even more unlikely, since it wouldn't even require the whole ride to be shut down for a year.

I think only two or three things are possible right now.

1. They make the ride itself TALLER and FASTER. It would most likely use a hydraulic cable launch (which explains the work with Intamin AG)

2. An entirely new launching roller coaster that launches OVER the top of the current towers. This also might not happen, because the photo of it shows the station in the middle of the S:TE que line. Which most likely means it will no longer be an active ride, only used as a support for the new guy.

3. They are making it more of a reliable and cheaper ride. Top speed and both sides running. I don't see what is wrong with running both sides in terms of "hiring more employees". It would only take two spare workers which they probably already have...