TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The only line I saw that looked long was Tatsu when we walked by about 1:00, the bottom queue was full, but even that isn't too bad. I'm sure X2 was long as well.

Never underestimate the slowness of the Tatsu crew.

A full lower queue with two trains is EASILY over an hour on most days!

New at SFMM: A...soda machine?

The first Freestyle machine in LA....only at Six Flags Magic Mountain. What's your favorite flavor? There's 106 to choose from in the new Studio 6F.
-SFMM's Facebook page

I also suppose that this means Studio 6F is open

SFMM.jpg.42a5383ea7157e3708ecdc7dbdf2b924.jpg

Does anyone know what makes this so special?

^Well I think that's the smartest thing for them to do. They can't compete with Disney and even Knotts when it comes to families. I think it's best what they do best and in my opinion that's Thrill Rides. I just think they should continue the friendly and somewhat responsible atmosphere that they have started with the recent management.

Andrew "That's just my opinion" Iorio

As weird as it is to say, those machines are AWESOME! They have one at a rubio's by my house and you can get stuff thats different. Its all the normal soda, but the machine mixes it with flavored syrup...and it DOES contain VAULT! In fact,when I have gone to Rubio's in the past grape vault has really grown on me. It really is cool for the park to be getting these though, you can get cherry and vanilla coke and stuff like that, which you cant get normally.

Also Elissa, where do they have one of these at DCA? I have never seen one there, but I generally eat at tastepilots and occasionally at Pizza Mow Mow, so it may be somewere else.

As weird as it is to say, those machines are AWESOME! They have one at a rubio's by my house and you can get stuff thats different. Its all the normal soda, but the machine mixes it with flavored syrup...and it DOES contain VAULT! In fact,when I have gone to Rubio's in the past grape vault has really grown on me. It really is cool for the park to be getting these though, you can get cherry and vanilla coke and stuff like that, which you cant get normally.

Also Elissa, where do they have one of these at DCA? I have never seen one there, but I generally eat at tastepilots and occasionally at Pizza Mow Mow, so it may be somewere else.

The one at DCA had lots of flavors of drinks but it didnt have any special syrups to mix in.

I just wonder how SFMM is gonna control access to it to prevent "free-fills". It was so easy at DCA to refill cups as they didnt really have anyone watching the machines.

^It actually did, it basically added the additional flavor syrup (peach, strawberry, grape, raspberry, etc) to the original soda's syrup (Sprite, Vault, Coke, Minute Maid, etc) when it dispensed the drink. That's how they get so many different flavor combinations in the one machine. And to prevent re-fills would be pretty easy, just have it near the cash register and have them keep an eye out, it won't stop everyone, but it's not way off in the corner like how DCA had it. I'm also glad these are catching on, I loved me some Peach Sprite!

If you want to mix flavors into your sodas, you can do that at home quite easily. Go to Cost Plus or Smart & Final and pick up Torani's syrups. They come in many flavors, both regular and sugar-free. Just pour a little of your choice of flavor into the soda, and voila! Flavored soda.

Caramel Coke is pretty good, by the way.

Anyway, so how is the old Mountain today on Father's Day?

Eric

According to Screamscape today....Chang might NOT be going to Great America but might now be going to Great Adventure to replace GASM....supposedly the new man in charge of SFI is mixing things up and changing plans for 2011....could this ALSO be the real reason the dance coaster is not going to SFMM....could he be thinking it might be better elsewhere?