TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So I finally made an account so I can actually post, instead of stalking this thread and wishing that I could reply to some things.

Anyway, I've been going to Magic Mountain since I was...six? Seven? My family can't figure out when exactly I started to go to the park, we seriously were trying to remember. I'm 17 now, so a good nine or ten years going to that park. It's amazing, haha!

Anyway, with that out of the way, now for the actual reason why I'm posting.

I've heard that they did send a train away, and I want to go look for myself. I'm possibly going tomorrow (a stupid idea, due to the holiday weekend, but...oh well, I've never had a bad day at MM yet.), so I'll try to see if that is true. If it is, I find that a stupid move, seen as there is always a train out of commission due to something (or it seems like it..).

As for a sidenote, I went for a job interview yesterday, and I saw that colossus had both trains running. They weren't racing each other, or at least at the time I was there. Fire was also working on X2. This was between 2pm and 3pm. I was going to go into the park, but I decided against it because of the crowds. Otherwise, I would've been enjoying a soft frozen lemonade on the way back to my home.

During my visit to the park last month, Riddler was running two with one on the storage track.

Riddler possibly being down to two trains is disconcerting. Didnt Chang open with three trains of its own? If so, what might have happened to the other trains that was so severe that replacements are needed? Although rare, Riddler does use all of its trains from time to time. On at least two visits last year I rode when all three were in operation. Unlike Mantis, Riddler still has quite a bit of ride left after the midcourse so with a speedy crew and cooperative riders, it can run with minimal stacking. I hope its just a rumor, but you never know.

When I went on wedsday they were running 2 trains on riddler and I don't remeber seeing anything on the transfer tracks, of course I usually don't make a note on every visit on how many trains are present on each ride. But I had just assume the other train was in rehab.

I never even knew that Riddler had 3 trains, until I made a guess yesterday when I was explaining to my friend that MCBR's on coasters allow for three trains to run. I was right! But yeah, I remember only seeing one train on the transfer track when I was on the one train that was running, coming back into the station.

robbalvey wrote:

Wes wrote:

Shapiro asked for custody of the coaster as part of his severance package. They're working on a solution to make it transportable, as he only gets to see it on weekends.

Can't they just give him the Kentucky Kingdom one?

You can take the coaster out of Kentucky, but you can't take the Kentucky out of the coaster.

(also applies to Alabama)

Know I'm waaaay late to the party here, but this gave me a good chuckle. Thanks Wes!

Or will they just remove one car from the Riddler train and use it for spare parts?

This is what Holiday World has done with the Voyage's train for the time being, so that it and the Raven train they are currently running on it have an equal number of cars.

Apparently, the coaster's sensor/braking system will not allow it to run with two trains of different lengths at the same time. Might the same apply to Chang?

Since it is Memorial Day, and a lot of schools are already out for the summer, are there anymore amazingly empty weekdays remaining at SFMM?? Say, this Thursday? I would love to get one more day in before the summer crowds take over.

Thanks in advance.

Does Terminator still have the camo ride op uniforms or did they go back to the neon?

I saw some of the camo uniformed people in our local McDonalds the other day so I'm assuming they are still wearing them.

--Robb "We see Magic employees all the time in Valencia..." Alvey

Does Terminator still have the camo ride op uniforms or did they go back to the neon?

I saw some of the camo uniformed people in our local McDonalds the other day so I'm assuming they are still wearing them.

--Robb "We see Magic employees all the time in Valencia..." Alvey

I'm glad they're keeping that. I didn't think it would last very long.

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the sides of Terminator's trains?

I heard that on the flashpassess, they changed it so now gold, you have to wait like 20 in or something? If it does, do you still have time to go on everything from park opening to closing on a wednsday?

You have time to go on everything without a flashpass.

I know I've already asked about crowds next week, but this question is more geared toward whether a FlashPass would be economical. My mom and I will be at the park next Sunday and Thursday, and someone here told me that the L.A. schools are out for the summer at that point. For anyone who's been to the park (or any parks in the area, we'll be at those too) at that time, would you advise a FlashPass? We have two days, so I'm not too worried about getting everything done, but my mom can't stand in too long of a line in the heat and such (she has Lyme, she's exhausted as is).

^ If it was me I would find the flash pass to be uneconomical and would simply arrive at the park early and head to Tatsu first.

However, since you are with your mom, I would not tell you that you should not get the pass. It'll ensure that your experience is enjoyable I suppose.

I've been to the park on a Sunday and Thursday many times during the summer. Not as crowded as worst days, but you'll deal with crowds.

Good thing you're going to the park next week, if this were to be any other day in July or August, I don't think the park is for your mom. You're mom shouldn't be going there because she will most likely not be able to tolerate the heat.

The heat aspect is really a dislike more than any sort of medical issue. But constantly standing in lines for hours can take its toll on anybody, really, and the less exhaustion/the more time to be seated or in the shade, the better.

I suffer from heat stroke pretty easily, but if I faint I just get up and move on. Nothing keeps me down, haha.

Frankly, you should try to get there as early as possible and on a day when its a lot cooler. Sometimes it cools down a lot in June, but between July-September is when it usually gets hot.

If you do get there early, hit the more popular coasters first (either X2 or Tatsu), before making your way around the park. If you can't, try going later, particularly close to closing time.

^I think if they were going to have it they would start right now, when summer begins.

Hey did anybody who very recently visit the park notice the new TV price boards on the ticket boths. Instead of the sign with the ticket and pass prices they now have a TV showing it. And it works like a slide show where it will show the 1 day ticket prices on the screen then 20 seconds later it swiches to the season pass prices. Then 20 seconds later flips to another screen. Personally I think it was a waste of money for six flags to install them when I found nothing wrong with the sign board that they had. Also the park is apparently working on installing a Mrs. Fields cookie food place at the waterfront food court, which will sell cookies, cookie ice cream sandwiches and dessert stuff like that.