TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Wow that was mighty decent of her!

Also, for anyone that's interested I have gotten coupons from Burger King which have tickets for $27.50, so if you find them you don't have to do the buy one get one free.

They come in useful for me because I have a pass and sometimes only bring one friend instead of 2 or 4.

I know this is a bit late but I just wanted to let you know that a few weeks back I went for the first time to SFMM using the Platinum flash pass. All I can say it is definitely worth it if you just have a day at the park, specially a saturday like mine was, and don't know if you're going back soon. I got to ride all of the coasters at least twice, since I did not have to get up from my seat for the second time.

One thing that I will say is that some operators didn't have ANY idea of how the platinum pass worked. Since I didn't want any trouble with the rest of the people in the queue, I made sure to tell the operators that I would be riding twice in each ride, so they could tell that to the other riders that wanted to ride together that they would probably need to wait 2 trains. On Batman I told the operator, who then started telling me I was not allowed to do that by any means. I tried to explain him how the pass worked but he just kept saying "I work here I know you can't!". So finally I just told him to go ask the other operators, hoping they would know better, and when he finally did, he got to know he was wrong and apologized to me.

I found the park to be a really great experience! specially since it was my first real "thrill park", I am from Orlando but there's nothing like SFMM around here.

Edited by noticias24

^I hope the correct rules and procedures quickly make their way around to all the employees. Sounds like it worked out great, though! I too would probably handle it that way, being very clear. The only difference is, I think I would personally consider only riding once in a row--I think I could be satifisfied with that since that's what Gold always offered anyway.

I've heard that at least one other SF park does it differently. You get a wristband to signify you have a Platinum FP, and you pre-choose five rides that you want to ride twice in a row. You only get to ride them twice in a row one time. I know differences between different parks in a chain are nothing new, but I thought it was interesting. I'd kind of like to know which parks do it which way (limited vs. unlimited). They both seem reasonable to me.

One thing that I would say is that some operators didn't have ANY idea of how the platinum pass worked. Since I didn't want any trouble with the rest of the people in the queue, I made sure to tell the operators that I would be riding twice in each ride, so they could tell that to the other riders that wanted to ride together that they would probably need to wait 2 trains. On Batman I told the operator, who then started telling me I was not allowed to do that by any means. I tried to explain him how the pass worked but he just kept saying "I work here I know you can't!". So finally I just told him to go ask the other operators, hoping they would know better, and when he finally did, he got to know he was wrong and apologized to me.

Six Flags' employee training program at its best. What do you expect, you only dropped $100 bucks for it!

I know this is a bit late but I just wanted to let you know that a few weeks back I went for the first time to SFMM using the Platinum flash pass. All I can say it is definitely worth it if you just have a day at the park, specially a saturday like mine was, and don't know if you're going back soon. I got to ride all of the coasters at least twice, since I did not have to get up from my seat for the second time.

One thing that I will say is that some operators didn't have ANY idea of how the platinum pass worked. Since I didn't want any trouble with the rest of the people in the queue, I made sure to tell the operators that I would be riding twice in each ride, so they could tell that to the other riders that wanted to ride together that they would probably need to wait 2 trains. On Batman I told the operator, who then started telling me I was not allowed to do that by any means. I tried to explain him how the pass worked but he just kept saying "I work here I know you can't!". So finally I just told him to go ask the other operators, hoping they would know better, and when he finally did, he got to know he was wrong and apologized to me.

I found the park to be a really great experience! specially since it was my first real "thrill park", I am from Orlando but there's nothing like SFMM around here.

For me, i always use the gold flash pass because its cheaper, and i HATE it when your (even with Gold) about to cut someone and just sit in there spot and then they give you scary looks like "Your a Jerk" looks. Especially i feel bad when its a persons first time on the ride and you take there spot. I hate the looks and its hard to look forward and ignore it. Its hard to have fun on the ride afterwards. I suggest getting the Gold one because you can ride 2 with no wait (not in a row) but you can if you want to. Just get back in the flashpass line. And really, you only need a gold flashpass because you get on more then enough rides as it is.

^

True but the thing with the gold flash pass now is working kind of differente. The gold pass "only" cuts 60% of the wait time so if the wait time is 60 minutes you still have to wait like 24 minutes or so to ride it again. With platinum you get almost inmediately on the ride. Also it was my first time at the park and I had to go with a tour company which had a schedule so I got like 7 hours at the park and not the whole day, and I had an extreme desire to ride all the coasters I could

Just saw this about Mr. Six's DanceCoaster.

Six Flags Magic Mountain's new family coaster has been postponed until 2011. We look forward to the coaster being apart of the 2011 new attraction lineup.
And I was looking forward to the Onboard audio and Fire effects!

Andrew "Off of the SFMM home page" Iorio

Mabey the problem with Mr. Six was that there was something wrong with the location they selected for it. BTW right now I am posting this from the cyber cafe, this is so cool. Today was relative light day in terms of crowds, but there were alot of school buses here today so it was crowded for a weekday this time of year. I had gotten on every roller coaster and water ride today so one good day at MM.

^Any chance this might also have something to do with that minimum height issue and the park waiting to hear from Vekoma about modifying that?

Aside from the permits, I can't imagine construction really needing to take that long considering rides of similar (and larger) sizes have gone up in less time than this. I guess for me, looking at Kennywood's Sky Rocket, Six Flags Great America's Little Dipper and Dorney's Demon Drop are examples of how fast construction can go... I don't really know why a simple roller skater would take some much time...