TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ lol. Define "a lot"

Spring break is so confusing lol. Most dates I see it from looking around on the internet and I find from:

Feb 15 - April 9... for various colleges across the country.

As for the vicinity around SFMM or Southern California, which school districts still have a spring break coming up?

I don't understand this "new" spring break. Back when I was in school, the week before Easter was spring break for EVERYONE. At least here in SoCal it was.

Joey and Elissa know their stuff, so I'd take any advice they have about going. It's already been three weeks since WCB, and I too am getting an itch to get back to SFMM sometime soon. Maybe once I get my tax returns in and my back yard finished I can pick a day.

Eric

I was there this past wedsday and with the course of 7 hours I got on pretty much every ride (non kiddie) at least once. There were lines but there weren't any hour plus horror storys. And every coaster was running multiple trains except deja vu and superman of course, with no break downs that I encountered. My college is now off this week (april 12 - 16) for spring break.

Eric (EBL), do Friday May 21st with the AAA gang. Yeah when I was in high school Spring Break was always the week before Easter. It was called Easter Vacation, but in these PC days it's Spring Break and whenever the school's decide. Some colleges are on the semester system and others are on the quarter system. High school's schedule it when it's convienent. LAUSD took off two weeks ago, Torrance had this past week, and here in Long Beach they have three weeks, through this week. I think come Monday April 26th it's all over.

Spring break is over after today for the vast majority of schools. Any weekday between now and Memorial day should be pretty dead.

I agree. I have visited the park many times on weekdays in April and May and it has always been deserted. The only crowded weekday visits I have ever had in May were during the week following Memorial Day. Just avoid 4/23 which is Math and Science Day and 5/6 which is Career Day. I have found those to be crowded. Starting tomorrow they go back to normal school days hours, closing at 6:00. That is when the weekday crowds shrink down to walk ons on just about every ride, every day.

I don't understand this "new" spring break. Back when I was in school, the week before Easter was spring break for EVERYONE. At least here in SoCal it was.

Joey and Elissa know their stuff, so I'd take any advice they have about going. It's already been three weeks since WCB, and I too am getting an itch to get back to SFMM sometime soon. Maybe once I get my tax returns in and my back yard finished I can pick a day.

Eric

That's how it was when I was in school too. The best way to know when it will be crowded is to check the parks schedule and avoid the two full weeks when they close later than 6:00 on weekdays. That's when almost everybody is off.

"It was called Easter Vacation, but in these PC days it's Spring Break and whenever the schools decide." (BeachKidBoy)

That's right, and to this day I still call it "Easter vacation," then correct myself with "spring break." Same with "Christmas vacation" vs. "winter break."

And I will look into the AAA event, but first we'll see how some other things pan out.

Eric

"It was called Easter Vacation, but in these PC days it's Spring Break and whenever the schools decide." (BeachKidBoy)

That's right, and to this day I still call it "Easter vacation," then correct myself with "spring break." Same with "Christmas vacation" vs. "winter break."

And I will look into the AAA event, but first we'll see how some other things pan out.

Eric

Excuse my ignorance as I miss pages of this topic sometimes..

What is the AAA event?

Nothing too good really. But bulldozers are on site now...woohoo?

The site is still a wreck...and it's supposed to open in a little over a month?!

"Hey Mr. Six, nice mounds!"

And I thought I might get lucky and be one of the first to see real construction...*sigh*

In other news, there's more track than you could shake a 42 inch stick at.

Those would be both black, and white supports on site. A TPR exclusive!

And there ya have it. A little more track and supports, and a child molester van!

I really like how they're still updating the Sky Tower Museum. Bonus points to anyone who knows what these were intended for!

But most importantly, Jesus was in attendance today.

Okay, that's it for the small amount of update pictures I took. Expect a full PTR soonish (depending on when I have time) and definitely look for my buddy, Creditcrazy's coming sometime soon as well (we may just combine our pics into one PTR).

Also note that Creditcrazy deserves just as much pathetic nerd credit for these pictures as I do. So don't shower only me with all of those hard earned thank yous.

the ghost said:
Tripple A aka the American Automobile Association/

Awesome, just found the info!

Any AAA members that wouldn't mind bringing me along?

I am not an AAA member and would really like to go.

Thanks!

Hi this is my 1st TPR comment. i am traveling to california this summer and will be visiting six flags magic mountain, but due to the time of year in september we only have one day where we can visit the park, So to make sure we get to go on all the rides we are going to buy the platinum flash pass, but were wondering how this works exactly? thanks

You make a "reservation" for the attraction of your choice via the Flash Pass device so it will hold your place in line for you. During your wait time you can do other things (Eat, shop etc...)

When it's your time to ride an alert will be sent to your device. Each flash pass enabled attraction has a dedicated entrance for FP users. (Usually via the attraction's exit)

Once you reach the loading platform an operator will "scan" your FP and you will join the line on the loading platform.

The Platinum FP offers the least amount of waiting and allows you to ride twice without getting out of your seat.

Hope this helps. Flash Pass Info

^Stuart, I welcome you to Theme Park Review, but I must remind you to please look over our Terms of Service and Posting Rules so that your posts are in the clear. Currently, your posting style is not within the standards of these rules, so please make sure that you use proper sentence structure, capitalization, grammar and full words (as opposed to texting or shorthand, i.e. "gr8").

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message me at any time,

~Adam~

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^ Yes, the line for X2 can get terribly long, 2 hours or more on very busy days, and September can be one of the more crowded months to visit the park, although I have found the first week of September to be fairly light on weekdays a few times. Since you have already decided to get the Platinum Flash Pass, I would recommend that you pay the extra $10 per persons and reserve X2 also.

not a problem. just used to doing it with my u.k forums. thanks

ADMIN EDIT: Make sure you start here with the above post. This is what your response should look like now.

Not a problem. I'm just used to doing it with my UK forums. Thanks!
Edited by jedimaster1227