TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^^^ No, the audio was turned off for all 6 rides. Those are the only times I have rode Terminator with no audio since it opened.

I always get a laugh from the Gold Rusher comment. "Enjoy your ride on Gold Rusher, the best ride ever". On Superman yesterday the ride op asked if anyone had allergies. Everybody sat there kind of quiet and didn't really answer. Then a few seconds later he said "because there might be Kryptonite on this ride" and everybody laughed. I thought that was funny too.

The last couple of times that I rode Terminator, the audio was freaking out a bit. On one ride, just as you entered the storage shed at the end of the ride, you heard "HERE THEY COME!" (which normally is heard at the top of the lift). I've also heard "TAKE THE TUNNEL!" just after leaving the first tunnel.

Meanwhile, over at X2, no problems that I can think of. Perhaps it is a matter of the relative smoothness of steel vs. the relative roughness of wood---though Terminator is far from rough.

Eric

Does anyone know how the audio is triggered? Is it set to a timer that counts down once the train is dispatched or is it synced to certain points along the track? I ask because of the craziness I noticed on Sunday at X2 (playing the lift portion at full volume during loading).

Did anyone else happen to notice Scream running exceptionally well Saturday evening? My son and I had taken a ride with Shawn - packfanlv (nice to see you again btw) earlier in the day, and while it was a completely fine ride, it seemed pretty typical of every other ride I've ever had on it. Later in the day, after dinner but before night ERT, my son and I rode again (twice without having to leave our seats since no one was in line for the "big boy" rows) and the ride really seemed faster than I ever remember it feeling before. It still had it's noticeable, while acceptable, "rattle", but it really felt more forceful and was just ripping through the course. I'd imagine that the parks keep track of ride cycle times to help them determine if anything is amiss. Does anyone know if it's typical for the ride to speed up noticeably later in the day? Not a huge deal really, but I figured it was worth mentioning that I had a couple of my most enjoyable rides ever on it.

^Agree, I remember when Scream first opened I thought the paint job was really cool. I actually like it when coaster have mutiple track colors for the rails and ties, rather than having one color for supports and one for the track. Example: Scream, Tatsu, Silver Bullet, etc.

Does anyone know if it's typical for the ride to speed up noticeably later in the day?

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be night, but I think from what I've experienced rides run fast at 2 times of the day: When its hot out and the lube and oil is nice and slippery, and at night, when the rails shrink with the cool weather and the rides running lean from being broken in after running all day. I've also always had a special place in my heart for Scream, its a good ride in my opinion.

Does anyone know if it's typical for the ride to speed up noticeably later in the day?

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be night, but I think from what I've experienced rides run fast at 2 times of the day: When its hot out and the lube and oil is nice and slippery, and at night, when the rails shrink with the cool weather and the rides running lean from being broken in after running all day. I've also always had a special place in my heart for Scream, its a good ride in my opinion.

True. Some rides might run up to 4-5 seconds faster at certain times of the day. While this might not seem like it would make a difference it really does. BTW, I am sure most modern coasters have screens where the operator can tell what was the cycling time of the last train that went around the track.