TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Looking for clarification on the "Arrow magic seat"? I'll give Viper another chance since i heard it's running better now. Can't wait for the bash, haven't been on X2 since it changed to X2 and haven't been on Terminator at all.

Rides i wouldn't mind being scrapped:

Revolution

Ninja

Goldrusher

S:TE

Riddler's Revenge(hurts my legs and ____)

Colossus

Viper

What's the point of your post? It wouldn't make any sense to scrap these rides... they're more beneficial to have exist than to tear down and not replace with anything.

How does Riddler's Revenge hurt your legs and crotch? Can you not get the right balance?

I swear to god if the park takes out Riddler's I will go insane with rage. Riddler's was my number one ride in the world until i rode Apollo and Tatsu. It is now my number four as it used to be my third favorite, but I rode Accelerator this summer in the back and got crazy ejector airtime. In other words... I LOVE RIDDLERS!!! The best stand up coaster ever!

^^^^^ No ninja love? Ninja is a kick ass night ride, and one of I believe 3 arrow suspendeds in the United States. In fact, it may be the worlds best Arrows suspended left considering Eagles Fortress is SBNO.( )

Oops! I forgot to talk about Ninja. I also love that ride a lot, it's one of the more relaxing-yet-thrilling coasters they have at SFMM. Night rides on it are pretty cool, but it's never as dark as I wish. Still a great ride, and a classic. Arrow really did good work at SFMM.

Well Arrow's rides are pretty outdated. Chances are, if Arrow were still around, they'd be like S&S's modern rides. I really wish S&S would make a mega looper though, that'd be a great way to show off the Arrow inside of them.

Edit: Woooo! My post count is the year of American Independence!

I have always found Riddler to be very smooth and not painful at all. Viper is slightly bumpy but not enough to be an issue. It is the oldest coaster in the park that I still consider to be a top favorite of mine. What is an Arrow Magic Seat? I have never had a problem in any of the seats on Viper.

I have no problems with Viper. I don't really worry about the OTSR because I'm tall where my head is above both them. Not nearly as tall as the guys who say their shoulders touch them... but anyway..

the only thing I don't like about Viper is sometimes the bottom of the restraint will push on my stomach... I don't quite know how to explain it... but it hurts when it does that ...and from that point on (usually starts happening after the 2nd loop... I push the bottom of restraint to keep it away from bouncing off or hitting my stomach.

I rode Revolution the other day... and got smacked in the head too many times...not fun.

I'm still the type of person that likes to make sure they ride every roller coaster in the park every visit. But I'm getting to the point after all these years that I'm probably not going to be riding Revolution anymore...unless I'm with someone who never has. Anyone else here... make it an effort to ride every ride in the park every visit or am I just the only one?

Anyone else here... make it an effort to ride every ride in the park every visit or am I just the only one?

Nope...I used to try (not sure if I ever have) but I don't see the point in riding rides that I really don't enjoy, just for the point to ride every coaster in the park. Deja Vu, Colossus, Revolution and Scream! are the main ones in this category. I'd much rather re-ride other coasters in the park that I can actually have fun riding, like X2, Goliath, Batman and Terminator.

I know last year during WCB we rode all of the rides just to say we did, although we all regretted riding Revolution. Actually had a decent ride on Viper though.

I think Revolution is the only ride in the park I absolutely "hate". Which is sad because pre-OTSR's it was probably one of my if not my favorite ride in the park. And it would be a must-ride still if it just had the lap bars or OTSR's that worked better.

I still try to ride every coaster on every visit. I still enjoy all of them, some more than others of course, but there aren't any which I would purposely choose not to ride anymore. I do agree that the OTSR's on Revolution are horrible and really need to be removed. I liked the ride much more without them but I still enjoy it enough to keep riding it. Generally I try to hit every coaster on my first time around the park and later in the day if there is not much time left I only ride my favorites, which means Revolution, Ninja, Superman, Gold Rusher and Colossus may be skipped if I have been on them earlier in the day.

The only coasters I usually skip are Gold Rusher, Colossus and Revolution.

I still have to ride Ninja every visit. It's one of those coasters that I still enjoy very much just like when I was younger.

Plus we have to enjoy it while it's still here.

If it's a busy day though, I also skip Viper, Deja Vu, Scream and Superman.

Last time I went on a busy day (the busiest i've seen at SFMM) I took some first-timers and they wanted to go on Superman, bad idea. We waited about 1 hour for that thing, it broke down twice and being stuck in that "Fortress" doesn't help.

I forgot to add that I skip Superman already. I'm going to stay away from Revolution as well now. My friends like the ride (Superman) though so I do have to ride it from time to time. But I can't believe people wait 1 hour for this thing (even though I do too for reasons I have mentioned).

Also, it's quite easy to ride the 14 roller coasters in the park every visit in the summer. I do it all the time without a flash pass.

Yeah, I usually end up on Superman at least once every visit because of that cool fortress...when it's really hot at the park (which it usually is), I figure you might as well cool down while waiting for a ride than sitting down or something.

Why skip any rides? I mean, we all have our favorites, but if you make the trip to the park, why not ride as much as you can? It's not like there's any world class shows or other attractions to fill your time. YMMV, but I just dont get it.

As someone said earlier, I would rather re-ride than ride something that has the potential to ruin my day. I'm susceptible to headaches if my head gets knocked around a bit so I try to avoid it.

^^The reason I like having a pass and going often is so I can do what I want and not feel obligated to ride everything every time or staying at the park from open till close (I do the same at Disney, and back when i had a pass to Knott's as well).

I'm also susceptible to headaches (motion sickness in general). While up to now, I haven't considered skipping rides from my typical visit... rides like Batman, Scream, Deja Vu, Revolution, and Viper have the potential to get me feeling sick (headache) if I re-ride them too many times.

I can't tolerate more than a couple re-rides on Batman or Scream...especially... sucks.

In response to haiderodes: It means something to be able to get in all the rides when its a new park for you... but when its a park you've been going to since 1998, yearly, people have their favorites and rides they want to avoid. But your attitude makes perfect sense nonetheless.

The last time I was at the park (Termination Day) Tatsu was kind of - I don't want to say shaky, but there was a noticeable vibration when the train picked up speed, when in the past it was completely smooth. I noticed the same thing on the Time Machine. Is this a B&M phenomenon? Does it come and go? I've noticed some of you saying a particular ride was "running great today". What causes a coaster to run differently at different times?

I have a pass and have been going to the park on a regular basis since 1983, but I still try to ride every open coaster on every visit because I still enjoy all of them. I stay from opening to closing on every visit too. If a coaster is open and I don't ride it at least once I feel like the visit was incomplete. I guess I've been lucky since I have not had problems with headaches. I used to have motion sickness but I outgrew it in my late teens. Even when I had motion sickness as long as I took a dramamine before I got to the park I had no problems with it. At KBF I get there late and/or leave early on most visits but that's because I don't enjoy the park as much as SFMM. Also, since KBF is open daily year-round, most of my visits are on school days when the park is near empty. You can ride the heck out of everything in the park in 4 hours or less when it's like that.

Edit. ^ I have noticed the vibration on Tatsu in the Pretzel loop every time I have rode it. I have never noticed it anywhere else on the ride.