TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sounds right to me too. For a while now my dad, who is also a coaster enthusiast, mom, and I have been joking every year about how the commercials start just in time for every line in the park to be a mile long for Spring Break. I bet that's probably why they start airing their commercials around this time of year.

I was just checking the Flash Pass information screen to see if it has been updated to show that Terminator is now on the Regular Flash Pass and it has been updated. While checking this I noticed that it also shows that they are now selling a Platinum Flash Pass which allows you to wait then ride twice. It is very expensive at $89 for one person and $66 for each additional person. At those prices my best guess is that you probably get the reduced wait time of a Gold Flash Pass and then get two rides. As often as I go there and with the price that high I will probably not use it. I have had very good days at the park getting many re-rides on busy days with a Regular Flash Pass.

I was just checking the Flash Pass information screen to see if it has been updated to show that Terminator is now on the Regular Flash Pass and it has been updated. While checking this I noticed that it also shows that they are now selling a Platinum Flash Pass which allows you to wait then ride twice. It is very expensive at $89 for one person and $66 for each additional person. At those prices my best guess is that you probably get the reduced wait time of a Gold Flash Pass and then get two rides. As often as I go there and with the price that high I will probably not use it. I have had very good days at the park getting many re-rides on busy days with a Regular Flash Pass.

I hope this means that you ride once and then exit the ride and go right back around. If it means you get to stay on the ride I can see this causing problems for the operators on hot busy days.

1. Groups that try to stay together and ride the same train will be split up if the gate swings open and one of the cars doesn't empty.

2. People that have been waiting will probably not take too kindly to someone failing to exit "their" seat.

Well, that same Flash Pass information page linked earlier shows that X2 is available for an additional fee on Gold Flash Pass, but makes no mention of X2 with platinum. So, you either can't get it on platinum, which I highly doubt, or one would be lead think it's included with platinum. Once again, we're dealing with Six Flags information pages, so the fact that the information is vague or misleading, intentionally or not, isn't surprising.

^^^ I agree. Also, if you get to stay on the train and ride again there could be a problem since the ride ops in the station are not the same ones who take your reservation on many of the coasters.

^ I agree that the Six Flags information pages leave a lot to be desired. I would not be surprised if X2 works the same way on the Platinum as the Gold and the website just doesn't say that yet. In my opinion, the Flash Pass page will probably be updated again soon.

I got my booklet today with no wait.

As for the park, the first section of the parking lot wasn't even filled, and wait times were pretty short---with one exception: Terminator running one train. The people working the l ockers said it was about a 90-minute wait. Therefore, I skipped it.

I rode X2 twice within 15 minutes (to make up for last time not riding it at all).

Riddler's Revenge took me five minutes to get on.

Goliath was almost a walk-on.

Strangely, Scream! had a line all the way down to halfway between the l ockers and the entrance of the ride. I didn't check to see how many trains were running, but I skipped it anyway.

Skipped Colossus, too.

Batman, Ninja, Deja Vu, and Superman were closed.

And I went up in the Sky Tower for awhile.

The End.

Eric

Edited by Wes

As for the park, the first section of the parking lot wasn't even filled, and wait times were pretty short---with one exception: Terminator running one train. The people working the l ockers said it was about a 90-minute wait.

Wow. I'm very surprised that the crowds were that light today with it being Physics Day. I visited the park on Physics Day one time and it was absolutely packed with 1-2 hour lines on every coaster and both flumes. Same thing at KBF once too. Due to those experiences and the articles I have seen in the newspapers about how crowded the parks usually are on that day I usually avoid both parks when that event is going on. I kind of wish I would have gone today instead of last Sunday now. Right now I am planning to go on 3/25.

^^ They have free friend passes. Two I believe per booklet.

4 tickets:

http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/tickets/valuebook.aspx

•Select weekdays in June: 1-4, 7-11, 14-18, and 21-22

•Select Sundays: March 28, April 25, July 25, September 26, November 28 and December 19

•Mother's Day or Father's Day: Sunday, May 9 or Sunday, June 20

•Weekdays in August: 2-6, 9-13, 16-20, 23-27, 30 and 31

I hate though we have to use them on select dates though.

Honestly, $54.99 for a Play Pass and $125 for the Xtreme Pass is an incredible value by itself. Anything extra is a huge bonus.