TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The park is having the "I Heart Haiti Kids" benefit concert today. They updated their concert information on their website yesterday to say that the concert will now be in the Magic Moments Theater instead of the Golden Bear Theater and will go on "Rain or Shine". The parks website also shows that they are open today. The park has been closed one Saturday and one Sunday this year due to rain. I'm going to the park tomorrow.

Totally forgot about the concert, I'm sure that's why they stayed open. (also the job fair)

We just got back, as we figured it would be pretty dead and needed to process KT's first pass.

It was VERY dead, even with a somewhat decent concert line up I didn't see anyone there. A lot of stuff seemed to be running so kudos for that!

Here's KT and her first ever Season Pass!!!

And here she is getting the elusive Percy/Goliath Jr. credit!

Funny...just the other night Diana and I were talking about SFMM and she swears that I rode this (when it was the Wile E. Coyote Coaster) with her some years back. I have ridden every coaster that SFMM has ever had, with this one being the lone exception. Even though I'm "too tall" for it in the park's eyes, it does look like I could squeeze into one of the lap bars if I was desperate for the credit---which I'm not.

I did ride the Timberline Twister at Knott's with Diana back about 1994---and that ride is made by Bradley and Kaye, just like this one. But she still swears it was at SFMM.

Nice to see Kristen with her first Six Flags season pass.

Eric

^^^^^^ Congratulations on the pass. I hope she loves the park as much as I did at that age. I'm sure she will. They have way more great rides than they did when I first started going there when they only had three major coasters.

According to the parks website, Batman, Deja Vu and Ninja are currently closed. Did you notice any coasters closed other than those three?

^^^^ I rode that coaster when it was the Clown Coaster on my first visit to the park in 1983. I have not been on it since. Same goes for the Timberline Twister on my first visit to KBF, also in 1983.

^^^^ Thank you. Hopefully Superman will be open today with good weather. I know it's not one of the very best but I do still enjoy it. I went to the park on this same weekend last year, on 3/1/09, and almost all the coasters were walk ons except for X2. I am hoping for a similar visit today.

Yeah, X2 has definitely been a walk on before. I know at Terminator's Media Day (KROQ Night) the ride had an empty station and you could stay on, and on November 1st the station was empty pretty much the whole day (that's when atem's magical video was filmed:

).

Speaking of KROQ night, does anyone know if they will be doing that again?

^That wasn't media day. That was a special event to promote the new ride.

KROQ has hosted all sorts of events at the park over the years, such as free concerts included with admission, park ERT nights, and park ERT+private concerts...so there's really no telling what (if any) event will happen this year.

^Yeah, that's how I remember it. Gosh that was awesome, a fresh, new, GP untouched wooden coaster for us all to ride over and over as much as we wanted. X2 was stay-on that night, in fact, I remember waiting in the station while it was being fixed and there was me with my girlfriend, and another guy with his girlfriend waiting to get on the train alone. Re-rides up the wazoo! That was an awesome night!

If that's not Media Day then I dunno what is!