TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Here is just a hypothetical..

What if STE was altered into the world's tallest Intamin 1/2 pipe? Maybe just adding back towers and having the train travel / launch through the station a few times like Wicked Twister or Half Pipe in Denver . Not sure how fast the train is traveling while coming down in reverse, but if each back tower was 200/300 feet, they essentially can get a "new" coaster without a buying a lot of track. The most challenging thing would be the programming for multiple launches/braking.

Probably very expensive to pull off, and I'm sure the people who confuse Terminator with Psyclone wouldn't appreciate the effort. It will be interesting to see which way SFMM goes with S:TE over the next couple of years.

I don't think a half-pipe coaster would work with Superman, since the back-half would run straight through the only path (to my knowledge) leading to the ride. I think if they just give it some fresh paint and some cooler stuff in the queue, that'd be enough for it. I want SFMM to do something with Scream! if they're going to alter any rides.

Here is just a hypothetical..

What if STE was altered into the world's tallest Intamin 1/2 pipe? Maybe just adding back towers and having the train travel / launch through the station a few times like Wicked Twister or Half Pipe in Denver . Not sure how fast the train is traveling while coming down in reverse, but if each back tower was 200/300 feet, they essentially can get a "new" coaster without a buying a lot of track. The most challenging thing would be the programming for multiple launches/braking.

Probably very expensive to pull off, and I'm sure the people who confuse Terminator with Psyclone wouldn't appreciate the effort. It will be interesting to see which way SFMM goes with S:TE over the next couple of years.

As much as that would never happen, how AWESOME would that be??

I've said this before, but, Personally, if I owned "The Mountain":

Ride Park:

• Move Pirate Ship & Yo Yo to Cyclone Bay

• Remove/Sell Thrill shot

• Remove/Sell Superman

• Remove/Sell Scream!

• Remove/Sell Deja Vu

• Remove Monorail

• Build a Giant Wheel on old Pirate Ship/Yo Yo Pad

• Build Splash Battle

• Build "Water-Coaster"

• Place DCA's Maliboomer near "Supermans" Entrance

calling it "Superman's Tower of Power"

• Build High-Capacity simulator

• Build HUSS Giant Frisbee™ (on Thrillshot site)

• Build HUSS Top Spin™ w/Water Effects

• Build CHANCE Wipeout™

• Build "Shaded" Zamperla Tea Cups

• Build Larson Flying Scooter

Water Park

• Build Second Wave Pool/Non-Wave Pool on Flashback Site

• Build 2 New Proslide™ Family (four-person raft) Waterslides

Reading "Scream! is such a bad ride" makes me die a little inside

What's wrong with saying Scream! is a bad ride? It's just an opinion. That's like saying any of parks' other coasters are bad rides is wrong. Personally, I don't enjoy Scream and I rarely ride it. It really was not needed at SFMM, and for all the people that say "it would be much more appreciated at a smaller park", I agree...so why did it go to SFMM? To tie CP...

I've said this before, but, Personally, if I owned "The Mountain":

Ride Park:

• Move Pirate Ship & Yo Yo to Cyclone Bay

• Remove/Sell Thrill shot

• Remove/Sell Superman

• Remove/Sell Scream!

• Remove/Sell Deja Vu

• Remove Monorail

• Build a Giant Wheel on old Pirate Ship/Yo Yo Pad

• Build Splash Battle

• Build "Water-Coaster"

• Build High-Capacity simulator

• Build HUSS Giant Frisbee™ (on Thrillshot site)

• Build HUSS Top Spin™ w/Water Effects

• Build CHANCE Wipeout™

• Build "Shaded" Zamperla Tea Cups

• Build Larson Flying Scooter

Water Park

• Build Second Wave Pool/Non-Wave Pool on Flashback Site

• Build 2 New Proslide™ Family (four-person raft) Waterslides

Why would u sell deja vu? Deja is a great ride and personally i think scream and superman are great thrilling rides too, Scream just needs paint and landscaping.

• Remove/Sell Scream!

Scream isn't a bad ride. I respect your opinion but if you ask me as said before if it was at a different park it would be a number one ride that would sort of make it the X2 of that park. If you ask me you need to repaint Scream! even the same colors and put a new flat ride that people *want* to ride like a drop tower. Scream! isn't a bad ride, it's just among elite rides.

Andrew "We do need a Drop tower!" Iorio

Reading "Scream! is such a bad ride" makes me die a little inside

"it would be much more appreciated at a smaller park", I agree...so why did it go to SFMM? To tie CP...

Oh, I definitely agree that it's not in the same league as other rides at MM. I know what you mean, I just meant as someone whose closest park is 4 hours away and its star attraction is an Arrow corkscrew... I die a little inside when people say Scream is a bad ride

• Remove/Sell Superman

I disagree, Superman is the tallest coaster in the park, and it provides major adrenaline. It also has a 48 inches requirement, so what about people who are the midget thrill seekers.

On the Maliboomer idea, I think instead of putting it near Superman they should put it by Terminator and theme it to Terminator. I personally think a Terminator theme would be cool. You could also put a blast of fire right when it launches.

I disagree, Superman is the tallest coaster in the park, and it provides major adrenaline.

Supervan is not thrilling at all.

Its loud, ugly, unreliable, and boring.

I hope they don't waste any money on it other than to tear it down.

It also has a 48 inches requirement, so what about people who are the midget thrill seekers.

X2, Colossus, Terminator, Goliath, Revolution, Ninja, & Goldrusher.

I think there is more than enough for people who are 48inches tall.

I disagree, Superman is the tallest coaster in the park, and it provides major adrenaline.

Wow, I've always wanted to ride on "Supervan". Guess I'll just have to settle for Superman:The Escape!

It also has a 48 inches requirement, so what about people who are the midget thrill seekers.

X2, Colossus, Terminator, Goliath, Revolution, Ninja, & Goldrusher.

I think there is more than enough for people who are 48inches tall.

6.5 seconds of weightlessness isn't boring.

I am curious on everyone's opinion for this:

If SFMM were to take out Scream!, what would you want them to put on that space?

Well, maybe put another floorless (Yeah, I'm lame.) and turn it into Medusa except with a custom layout. Then they should re-theme Goliath into Poseidon, put a nice turquoise coat around it, and put a pond with fountains. Medusa would have snakes that spray mist. Instead of the normal lime green and purple, it should be a green and black. Colossus will still keep the theme. Colossus County Fair will turn into Mt. Olympus. They will retheme every other ride, and maybe put an Intamin drop tower and name it Trident.

I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents on Scream!

That ride is one of my favorites at the park. I'm not sure why. The theming is no where to be found, and compared to the rest of the rides there it is sub-par. But I like it and I don't think it deserves the bashings that it usually gets.

Whether coaster fans find it boring is irrelevant.

That's true. The GP actually does like the ride. It still gets lines and some of my friends really like it (it was ones' favorite ride in the park tied with Tatsu!)

I agree.

I recently went to the park with some friends and they all loved Superman!

They kept saying how it was one of the best rides at the park.