TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

WHOA!!!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Batman being black and blue now. I mean it's nice to see it have a little bit of color, and Batman's costume in the early comics was blue. But something just doesn't seem right about it. Maybe it'll grow on me.

So I'm assuming the painting is 100% done on Batman and the ride is open? I really like the props too.

I have a random question but didnt want to make a new topic for it. Does SFMM ever run both sides of Superman or Collosus anymore? Either at the same time or different.

I have a random question but didnt want to make a new topic for it. Does SFMM ever run both sides of Superman or Collosus anymore? Either at the same time or different.

No, they don't run them simultaneously anymore. But yes, they do utilize both sides at different times of the year.

I've rode each side of Colossus and Superman.... different times of the year, different years.

I showed up one saturday in early NOV to get my first rides on Terminator...I was the first person on the train...and the only person for that matter for the first three rides....I thoroughly enjoyed the coaster, the speed was great, the layout was actually really goos(wished it was longer though)....I think it turned out to be a great addition to the park!

^^ Just looking at that picture reminds me of when you're exiting the ride, at one point when you reach the bottom of the stairs, that fan turn is right in front of you. GCII really did a nice job on that ride. Like you, my only complaint about the ride is its length. But for what it does with that length is very nice.

Eric

I had an awesome time at the park this weekend. As Calicoasters said X2 is open, and Terminator's audio definitely got much louder. I heard Take the Tunnel very clearly for the first time. I also made my first visit up to Sky Tower, which was very cool. It offers some very good views! It was a bit shock coming up into the parking lot seeing X2 crest the hill. It was as thrilling as ever. Batman's new colors, and batmobile are very cool looking.

Goliath is also very bright and shiny, and that airtime just keeps getting better . The operators on the rides do seem to (try) and be more friendly. All in all much improvements, and well worth it.

Terminator's audio has changed a lot since my last visit "Take The Tunnel" is played twice (Top of lift & out of fly-thru) and loud and clear. During the ride an instrumental cut of Ministry's "Burning Inside" is played. On the brake run the song "In The air Tonight" covered by Nonpoint is played, and finally there is an exit spiel played on the train as you are rolling back into the station.

This post explains A LOT. Its not that the audio has changed, its just busted, badly.

This was happening to one train specifically on Bizarro. Is it happening on just one train on Terminator? Let me guess what the spiel is. Is it a womens voice repeating "Left, right, left, right" or something like that? Its not that it is playing "Take the tunnel twice" its that the sensors are off. Its been raining a lot in California I believe. All these occurrences happened to Bizarro after a ton of rain. What I think happens is the sensors get all messed up and it mixes the audio up and plays part of the test audio which consists of the lady saying "left, right" and NonPoints cover of In the Air Tonight.

Like I said that explains a lot. It proved some peoples theories. When Bizarro at SFNE played NonPoint the station shook and you could hear it from a pretty far distance. Do people at SFMM know that this is happening? It might blow out the speakers since I read another post that the audio is really loud.

^Its the test audio. There are many sensors under the track. The audio isn't just one long track. Its many small little tracks timed perfectly so when the sensor gets hit, the next part of the track starts playing, seamlessly. What I am saying is that the sensors are messed up due to all this rain. They aren't reading something right or just something is going wrong with them causing the audio to cut to different parts and go into the test audio. So yeah, basically, the audio isn't a new, reprogrammed audio. It is all there in the audio box, the sensors are just making it all mixed up. I've had some rides on Bizarro where the lift hill audio just keeps repeating the whole ride.

The reason for the small tracks for in between each sensor is so that if the ride gets stopped you don't hear the whole audio. You hear the audio played up until it hits the sensor.

The theory of the rain causing all this is just a theory. It rained all Summer in the East Coast and both Bizarro's had a plethora of audio problems that are exactly described as before.

Its the test audio. There are many sensors under the track. The audio isn't just one long track. Its many small little tracks timed perfectly so when the sensor gets hit, the next part of the track starts playing, seamlessly. What I am saying is that the sensors are messed up due to all this rain. They aren't reading something right or just something is going wrong with them causing the audio to cut to different parts and go into the test audio. So yeah, basically, the audio isn't a new, reprogrammed audio. It is all there in the audio box, the sensors are just making it all mixed up. I've had some rides on Bizarro where the lift hill audio just keeps repeating the whole ride.

The reason for the small tracks for in between each sensor is so that if the ride gets stopped you don't hear the whole audio. You hear the audio played up until it hits the sensor.

The theory of the rain causing all this is just a theory. It rained all Summer in the East Coast and both Bizarro's had a plethora of audio problems that are exactly described as before.

That makes complete sense to me. You would probably have to contact someone who specializes in that kind of thing to find out for sure.

Did anyone see on Six Flags Twitter say that they have exciting plans for Superman: The Escape?'

Here is the question:

I have been told that @SixFlags Magic Mountain's Superman second track (track B) is being cannibalized for parts for track A. True? Or no?

Here is Six Flags answer

@Coasterdom Not true at all! We have exciting plans for Superman The Escape. Stay tuned for news!!!

2011 plans maybe?

Weather.com is now showing a 0% chance of rain on Sunday

Hopefully will be true.

I'm suprised. I live in the San Fernando Valley and the sky is clear as can be. I would think it would be raining or cloudy.. you know... as weather reports indicated last week. But so far, no.

I hope Sunday will be clear.