TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I guess what I'm most confused about is why SFMM hasn't even announced any details yet. We've heard rumors all over the place that the new ride is the relocated Roller Skater from SFNO, but unless I've missed something, I've seen no actual confirmation of that.

That ride certainly makes sense from a "family" standpoint. Maybe we'll hear something definite at WCB.

Eric

Look at it from Magic's point of view...

They're not putting in anything exciting, anything they can really even market. What's the point in announcing it and making a big deal out of it just so we can all laugh and critisize it!?

I have rode the clone of the Roller Skater at Castle Park. It is nothing to get excited over. I had more fun on the Canyon Blaster. I am not even going to plan a visit near the opening date like I usually do when a new coaster opens at SFMM or KBF. Assuming it opens on Memorial Day weekend like they have done recently, at least I can plan a visit in early May when crowds are lighter, rather than the week of Memorial Day like the last two years. With all the additions they have had lately , I can live without a big new coaster this year.

That's usually not like rcdb to put un-confirmed coasters up there. I guess they are confident enough that it is New Orleans' Roller Skater.

RCDB does that all the time. They will report on things that are almost 100% confirmed.

What's really frustrating is that people take it being on RCDB as the final confirmation.

Magic Mountain will not be receiving the Wiggle's World in 2011 or 2012. Due to the failure of Thomas Town. You will most likely get some new monster coaster in 2011 and all the other parks will get a water park expansion. That's how it's been lately, treat you like princes, and the others like dirt.

According to their website, it looks like the actually wiggles show no longer plays, but the wiggles themselves are hosts of a section of time. Well actually, it looks like the show is on the network, Sprout,whatever that may be.

Sprout is the toddler equivalent of Nickelodeon, since Nickelodeon has begun to target pre-teens and teens a bit more than toddlers nowadays.

Just read this on Twitter
@SixFlagsMM has been asked by Six Flags Corporate to discontinue the Twitter. |>

Huh I wonder why all the other parks keep it?

Andrew "Weird!" Iorio

With my beautiful journalistic skills, I exposed the truth that the twitter account was complete BS (okay, others knew too). So it's not odd for a company to ask an imposter to discontinue the spreading of (often false) information.

That's how it's been lately, treat you like princes, and the others like dirt.

Or they treat them like a park that can get a good return on investment for the millions of dollars they invest with every attraction they add, and not pretend this is some sort of favoritism that enthusiasts like to imagine.

Huh I wonder why all the other parks keep it?

With my beautiful journalistic skills, I exposed the truth that the twitter account was complete BS (okay, others knew too). So it's not odd for a company to ask an imposter to discontinue the spreading of (often false) information.

I think it more has to do with @SixFlagsMM trying to make it look like an official twitter from the park which many people believed, or at least were not able to dismiss right away. Seems like a trademark protection thing, defend it or lose it kind of situation. Hopefully this might be an indication that the individual parks may be looking into their own official Twitters like the Cedar Fair parks.

^^By your logic, I saved you all from going on days where rides are closed "unplanningly." You should worship me.

However, I'm pretty sure the SFMM/SFI people found this on their own and immediately knew it was bs as they NEVER GRANTED PERMISSION FOR IT!!!

(So let the manhunt for Six Flags execs commence )

^Yeah, I forgot to add that into my post. SFMM could always create their own and do it Gravity Group style where they kind of combine twitter and facebook updates (a good way to reach more crowds!).