TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Who would have thought that @SixFlagsMM would create a word like "unplanningly"?Hopefully it makes it into the Next Dictionary!|>|>|>|>|>|>! about 6 hours ago from web

Goliath is expected to Re-open January 3, 2010!

from SFMM twitter

Considering that the stupid Twitter creators decided anything longer than 140 characters was too much, I wouldnt be surprised if @SixFlagsMM wasnt the only one making new words

Hey EBL, or anyone else with an Xtreme Pass ? ?

I was considering purchasing an Xtreme Pass, but I just had a few questions regarding it.

Does the 25% discount on food apply to every food place in the park?

Other than that, as for the regular play pass... do you guys still think that Six Flags is providing the $10 gift card with purchase?

That food discount should be good at all sit down counter service establishments but not food carts. Often times, you may need to remind the employees about the discount. I got hosed at Katy's Kettle once last year as well as Flags when I bought some merchandise. For Katy's, they didn't give me any money back but at Flags they gave me back the difference in cash.

There probably aren't that many Xtreme pass holders compared to Play Pass and so that may be a reason for the mix ups. Heck, I just renewed online a few weeks back and received the Play Pass instead of Xtreme.

I've had a couple of problems receiving the Xtreme pass food discount, but usually a supervisor can clear it up. In my opinion, all employees should be properly trained to know what to do when someone shows their Xtreme pass for the discount.

One thing that I'm glad did change. At one time, when you presented the Xtreme pass for free parking, you had to fill out a little paper slip and sign it. Now they just scan your card and hand you a receipt. Much better. It'd be nice if there were scanners at food or merchandise locations to streamline the process, but maybe that will come in time.

Eric

Yah they're going for the whole old school comic book Batman color scheme, which makes no sense to me because the whole area seems like it wanted to be "Dark Knight" before the Nolan movies.

I like the idea of Riddlers getting painted with a black spine and green track/supports that someone mentioned.

Tim Burton version of Batman?

You could look at it this way: They are actually painting and improving basic infrastructure around the park. I'd be SO happy if Knotts finally repainted Xcelerator, or did some improvements at the park, but that isn't happening. Kudos to MM for their effort. By the way, Batman's new color scheme looks great and is really growing on me.

My Mom decided to purchase my 2010 season pass as well as my girlfriend's this Christmas. She claims my pass is an Xtreme Play Pass, but there is no sign of it on the actual pass. All of my previous passes had Xtreme Play Pass written on the card.

Does anyone else have a 2010 Xtreme Play pass? and what does it say on the card?

I just found out about the new paint scheme a few hours ago and I gotta say it looks nice, but I like the all-black and yellow-navy schemes better. I was actually more surprised by the other thing in the Screamscape article about the inflatable Superman disappearing.

Who would have thought that @SixFlagsMM would create a word like "unplanningly"?Hopefully it makes it into the Next Dictionary!|>|>|>|>|>|>! about 6 hours ago from web

Goliath is expected to Re-open January 3, 2010!

from SFMM twitter

Considering that the stupid Twitter creators decided anything longer than 140 characters was too much, I wouldnt be surprised if @SixFlagsMM wasnt the only one making new words

"unplanned" uses less characters than "unplanningly."

I just think SFMM's PR team hasn't learned how to use the internet effectively yet.

My Mom decided to purchase my 2010 season pass as well as my girlfriend's this Christmas. She claims my pass is an Xtreme Play Pass, but there is no sign of it on the actual pass. All of my previous passes had Xtreme Play Pass written on the card.

Does anyone else have a 2010 Xtreme Play pass? and what does it say on the card?

Calicoasters and southpuddle, are your passes green?

When I renewed my xtreme pass online, they sent me the green play pass instead.

Even if you guys had to pay for parking to get the situation fixed, I would imagine that Guest Relations should be able to refund the parking charge to you.

My pass is Purple, just like my girlfriends. I'm starting to think my Mom doesn't know what she is talking about.

Every Xtreme Play Pass I've owned had a different look than the regular pass. My 2009 pass is mostly Blue, and my girlfriend's is mostly Yellow. I think the year before had Wonder Woman on it, and mine was Black and her's was Blue.

My pass is Purple, just like my girlfriends. I'm starting to think my Mom doesn't know what she is talking about.

Every Xtreme Play Pass I've owned had a different look than the regular pass. My 2009 pass is mostly Blue, and my girlfriend's is mostly Yellow. I think the year before had Wonder Woman on it, and mine was Black and her's was Blue.

For what it's worth, my 2010 Xtreme pass is identical to what Eric described on the previous page.

Just called the park. I was informed that there was a mix up and that I'd have to go to the processing center on my first visit to get the new pass and then to Guest Relations to get my parking fee refunded. Still a hassle. I'm wondering if I could also get the $5 shipping fee refunded as well considering having my new pass mailed to me was all for nothing since I now have to deal with the whole processing center mess. I'm going to call the park again and see if they can just mail me my new pass.

^ Be sure and ask about the shipping fee. They just might waive it as a gesture of good will for the hassle. The worst they could say is "no."

Since I got my first pass in 1994, I've always processed it at the park. I figure that since I'm there, I'll just break it in right then and there.

Eric

^^Don't forget they'll also probably make you pay for parking when you come in if you have the old non-extreme pass! So make sure to get a receipt if they make you come in and won't just mail you a replacement correct pass.

BTW, this has happened to us before as well...even processing AT the park they have given us the regular play pass instead of extreme and then get all pissy when they have to redo it because they weren't paying attention.