TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ That's what she tweeted.

For some reason, I thought about the new coaster being called "Deja Vunior" (takeoff on Goliath Jr.), but I know that won't happen. But I thought by now we'd have something. In fact, I usually receive a notice in the mail to come renew my season pass, but nothing has come.

Maybe they're just unplanningly behind...

Eric

There's no way in hell Goliath was closed "unplanningly," I was there today, and they still have a lot of work to do (expect a PTR as soon as tonight...hopefully). The good news is that all coasters except Goliath and Batman were open today, the lines were meh, there was no "hair gel train" on Viper today, and it was very clean.

I got pics of the construction plot and some of Batman's paint job + other updates that I'll post.

I've heard talk of this before but perhaps they could use the Superman structure as part of a new coaster. If they built a lift hill up the other side and then use the tracked side as the first drop, that would be killer - probably literally.

Helllooooo....Giant Drop USA version?! SFMM needs a drop ride! How cool would that be? I wonder if they've considered it.

I mean, Giant Drop was CRAZY. Falling for ages and the long time free fall sensation is very unique. I can't remember how many times I rode GD when I was at Dreamworld.

^That would be the biggest waste. EVER!

Ya'll should totally check out my PTR from today, it has lots of updatedy goodness.

Oh yeah, I also noticed that some of Batman's supports had been repainted black, so the blue and black color scheme it shall stay!

I am heading out west to SFMM and USH a couple days after christmas, but have the option of flipping dates around, and ultimately I can go as late as a couple days after the new year. I have a SFMM pass from back in March, so I can still get in for free in 09. So the question of the day is, do I use my pass to get in for free or do I wait until as long as possible in hopes Batman and Goliath will be operational?

I have ridden them both before, so I wouldn't be missing credits, but they are both fun and I would like to ride them again. What do you think?

^^^ I hope the removal of Superman is not because they intend on changing this ride.

Why the hell would SFMM do a transformation on S:TE

The ride is horrible. I have friends though that really want to come to SFMM (they live out of state) and they think of S TE as one of the best rides in the park. I just laugh... because I'm sure most of us know how it really is.

I am heading out west to SFMM and USH a couple days after christmas, but have the option of flipping dates around, and ultimately I can go as late as a couple days after the new year. I have a SFMM pass from back in March, so I can still get in for free in 09. So the question of the day is, do I use my pass to get in for free or do I wait until as long as possible in hopes Batman and Goliath will be operational?

I have ridden them both before, so I wouldn't be missing credits, but they are both fun and I would like to ride them again. What do you think?

I'd say wait. I'm guessing you go to other six flags parks anyways....right? I'm wait and just buy a 2010 season pass, be able to ride these rides, blah, blah, blah.

I have friends though that really want to come to SFMM (they live out of state) and they think of S TE as one of the best rides in the park.

I'll tell you something funny. At Dreamworld in Australia they have the S TE ride with different theming and it is generally considered the best ride in the park and I think it is totally and neverendingly hilarious that it is considered one of the worst rides at SFMM

I would wait. Goliath isn't that great of a ride IMO, but Batman would probably be worth it, especially after it reopens. Besides, if you get a season pass, you're going to pay $60 whether you buy it now or later.

^Batman is much smaller though...as of yesterday, about half of the soup bowl was painted. It's going at a much faster rate than Goliath, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it finished before Goliath. But in all honesty, it's just another Batman clone, I never seem to find it an SFMM necessity, although I'm not a fan of B&M really so don't take my word for it.

^^Yeah, Batman is just a tad smaller. But this cold weather isn't helping, I'm sure. Aside from people generally working slower in the cold, it will also take longer for the paint to dry. These are not exactly ideal conditions for painting anything. Depending on the weather, Batman could take just as long as Goliath, but I doubt it.

^ Clone or not, it is one of my favorite rides of all the coasters I have been on. It is my Haunted Mansion of Magic Mountain. One of those rides I try and hit every time I go.

Who would have thought that @SixFlagsMM would create a word like "unplanningly"?Hopefully it makes it into the Next Dictionary!|>|>|>|>|>|>! about 6 hours ago from web

Goliath is expected to Re-open January 3, 2010!

from SFMM twitter

Hey EBL, or anyone else with an Xtreme Pass ? ?

I was considering purchasing an Xtreme Pass, but I just had a few questions regarding it.

Does the 25% discount on food apply to every food place in the park?

Other than that, as for the regular play pass... do you guys still think that Six Flags is providing the $10 gift card with purchase?