TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Yeah...that isn't dark blue...but it looks cool next to Riddler's.

Speaking of the onride photo flash on Batman a few posts up, that reminds me, did Riddler's Revenge used to have an on-ride photo? I've only been riding the ride since June 08' and there wasn't an on-ride photo then, but I'm pretty sure there's on-ride photo flash inbetween the two dive-loops.

As for some effects/props missing on SFMM's Batman: the aformentioned fog at the station reentry and in the trenches, the spinning fan blade in the sewer tunnel, the police car with broken fire hydrant, the Batman logo in the station actually being illuminated and the TV screens in the station being on (its been so long I forget what they actually used to show!) It also annoys me when they leave the regular lights on instead of using the stage lighting in the station.

This year I had the chance to ride all but one of the other SF Batmans and suprisingly there were more differences between them (effects/props wise) than I first thought. And I'm not just talking about variances in the queues.

For example, SFGAm's has extra prop pieces affixed to the back of the cars. SFStL's has lights along the inside edge of the platform that flash once the floor drops. I also noticed that the newer Batman's (i.e. SFOT) dont have the holders for the mist/foggers at the station re-entry, so its as if they never added it.

I flat out just don't like it. I think it's nice that it's getting a paintjob and that the park is finally bringing up everything up to a presentable standard, but that shade of blue IMO just doesn't say "Batman". Take the S:UF clones. Yellow rails, red spine, blue supports. That says "Superman" to me. Grey spine with black supports said "Batman" a lot better than this shade of blue does. If say, Goliath was painted blue, it wouldn't be that big of a deal with me. But this? Meh.

Here are more examples of Batman that come to recent memory.

.Arkham Asylum.The Dark KnightThe Animated SeriesBatman Forever.Adam West

Once again, I don't think it's a bad color outright. It's just that "blue" isn't the first color that comes to mind when you think of "Batman".

"The Dark Knight", "Bat", all of these things are better represented better with darker colors. The blue they're painting it goes against that. Had it been a darker, Midnight or Navy blue, I could warm up to it better. But as it stands now, I don't like it.

Personally, I think the color looks great. I was a bit worried at first, but it looks better than I thought it would. I think that this color scheme fits more to the animated Batman series, compared to the last one. The gray and black reminded me of Nolan's films. So I guess it depends on what you think of when you hear the word "Batman." But I guess now a days, people think of The Dark Knight.

Ha ha. I'm sorry but I do have to laugh at all this a little bit. Most of us here are going off of about 50 feet of track we've seen in a photo peeking through Riddler's track. I don't really like the colors that much from the sounds of it, and this picture really doesn't make me like it any more than I thought I would. Those of you saying it looks great haven't even seen what it looks like in comparison to the Gotham midway. The midway was designed around this ride and it's color scheme, and taking that dark decrepid look out of the coaster and keeping those dank rundown building facades will clash horribly. But as I said before, its funny we all judge based on a fragment of the ride that we have seen. I'd love to see a shot of it from down the whole Gotham midway, and then really decide how I feel.

Personally, I think the color looks great. I was a bit worried at first, but it looks better than I thought it would. I think that this color scheme fits more to the animated Batman series, compared to the last one. The gray and black reminded me of Nolan's films. So I guess it depends on what you think of when you hear the word "Batman." But I guess now a days, people think of The Dark Knight.

I like the colors too! Maybe a name change to Dark Night? haha

UPDATE FROM 12/20/09

Just makes me mad. Running empty trains while we are in the pre-shows!

What is that I see?!??!

Sorry if there is a blur.

Batman is pretty hot in the new color.

One loop is blue, the other gray.

This is where the blue stops, it acutally looks kinda cool like that.

Rode Terminator in the morning...and didn't do it again.

Batman from the Sky Tower.

Sorry if there is a blur, my camera doesn't zoom very well.

Yummy dirt.

This one is for Atem.

Saw that view 9 times today.

As a fan of Gray Batman, I have to admit that after seeing it today in person, I actually like it. Unfortunately, Gotham City was closed, so I couldn't get very close. The only change I would make is to add a bit of yellow somewhere. Maybe if the rails were yellow, but then the track would look just like Scream!'s.

Anyway, a fun day out there. Hardly any lines, and I got my 2010 Xtreme Pass.

Eric