TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm glad that the employees are getting the care they deserve. The past few times I went, I saw a marked change in their behaviour -- they were treating guests well and with respect. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

As to Batman's new color scheme, I think I'll withhold judgment until I see it in person, but I'm hopeful it'll turn out well.

^ For a Saturday, that's hard to believe. But being so close to Christmas, I'd guess that more people are at malls than at theme parks.

I, too, will withhold judgment on Batman's new color till I see it in person. Maybe they figured that they needed a blue coaster to fill in the void left by Flashback's demise.

But it is great that SFMM is getting spiffed up.

Eric

I was there to cause I thought Goliath was going to open and they haven't finish painting and I was .I love the sex new colors on Batman.I haven't seen any construction lately.GOLIATH look like a new sex beast.There was hardly any people there!

Hi there FrightFest1408, you need to read the following before you post here at TPR again:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=224#224

--Robb

I can't say I'm happy to hear that Batman is getting new colors. I always thought it had the best paint scheme and wished the others in the chain would have been made to look like it. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was one of a kind. First time I saw a yellow Batman I was freaking out. I just didn't get it. That was years ago though and I grew to like it. Now Georgia isn't getting the same thing as SFMM right? Don't they have like an Adam West purple thing going on over there?

I was there to cause I thought Goliath was going to open and they haven't finish painting and I was .I love the sex new colors on Batman.I haven't seen any construction lately.GOLIATH look like a new sex beast.There was hardly any people there!

It seemed very crowded to me as the plaza in front of the gates filled up more quickly than I'm accustomed to. I only went there to get my pass renewal problem solved (renewed my Xtreme pass online but got the Play Pass in the mail) and once I saw that crowd, decided to just come back another day.

Today was a nice day at the park. Lines were not very long at all. Longest was X2 which was 30 minutes.

In reference to Batman. I personally like the old colors better. Though the color of blue is nice I think it takes away from the aged look of the theming around the ride. The blue also stands out. But maybe that was the point.

Goliath is still being repainted and looks like it is maybe half way done at this point. Went on Superman today for giggles and noticed that the Superman at the top has been removed. Not sure if that is old news or not but it seems rather bland at the top now.

Got the first train of Terminator but had to go through all 3 preshows. And there were only 4 of us the whole time. Rode a train of 4 which was nice. Oh and this may seem random but the hand soap in the bathrooms by Tatsu was amazing. It smelled really nice and i usually hate the smell of public bathroom soap.

I am really glad to hear that Batman is getting some much needed love. I think the Dark Blue on Batman will look great. Just I hope they are not going to far with possibly adding the effects back. If they add fire and audio it will be before we know it, soon being called Batman the Ride 2.

I remember the Bat suit in the case had light shining on it, there was fog in the trenches and when you returned to the station. I think I remember flashing light at a certain point of the ride but I'm thinking that was the on ride photo flash.

Imo Scream should of got the new paint and fixing up the area around it, Batman was looking perfect. The faded cracked/peeling paint look on it and the whole theme of the area all fit perfectly.

Oh well I'm just glad to see TLC going into the park instead of shuttered gates, they could paint it pink for all I care just keep the improvements comming big or small

I'm pretty excited to see the new blue Batman. I always thought the gray version worked well for Los Angeles, but this is a welcome change. Good to see Gotham City Backlot receiving a more "comic book" feel. Should look impressive at night!

Thank you Bolliger&Mabillard for breaking this news first. On point as always!