TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I personally don't like the THBS's. The spinning isn't fluid smooth. It's more like fling you forward, slam you back. Also at around 6'1'', The seat and lap bar takes it's toll on my legs. I rode the one at oT and DK each respectively for the credit once, but have no desire to ride another.

While I have not ridden a THBS, I've always thought one would be a good fit for SFMM, and was hopeful that one would appear there. But then, the rumored former SFNO Roller Skater or anything smallish will work, too.

Now I'm getting antsy as to what color scheme this ride will have and what they'll call it.

Eric

I like the current color for Batman. It fits in well with the surrounding area, and it is a different color scheme than the other Batman coasters Six Flags has. If they have to re-color it, however, I would much rather have a dark blue than the yellow a couple others have.

I like Batman's grey and black as it is, but I'd much rather have dark blue and black than bright yellow...

If it's true, it could be good. It'd be nice to see Batman get some attention.

I really do like SFMM repainting most of their coasters, though. It makes the park look a lot nicer.

First, I really like SFMM's Batman color scheme and think they should leave it alone. It's unique among the Batmen and really fits into the theme and area. But if they do change anything, how about painting random cross ties yellow and/or purple? It'd be one of those subtle changes that would make people think, "Something's different..."

Eric

The last time I took a trip to the Mountain (last summer) Viper was running absolutely amazing. Not a single headbanging moment to be found. It wasn't a fluke, because I went on it about five times throughout the course of the day, and each ride experience was simply great. Maintenance perhaps? It's strange, because every other Arrow looper I've ridden has been pretty rough, to say the least.

^ I agree about Viper. For a couple of years, I avoided it at all costs. However, once its track got repainted, it seemed to run smoother. Also, I've learned that if I get the OTSR down far enough, and sit up as straight as I can, my head is above the OTSR and doesn't get banged by it. So now it's back on my list of SFMM coasters that I like and ride on a regular basis.

Eric

Viper is my favorite mega-looper. I haven't had a bad ride on it. The front seat is awesome. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the '70s/'80s and a big Arrow just feels like the quintessential "roller coaster" to me, but I think Viper is rad!

^ I was at Viper's media day event and rode only five times. When I got back home, I was still under its influence. My then eight-and-a-half-month pregnant wife even said I looked a bit green (even more than her ).

And that was an hour and a 40-mile drive later.

Eric

Word on the Mountain is that Batman is being paited blue. Can anyone confirm???

Its Six Flags Over Georgia's Batman that's getting a repaint, not SFMM's.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_georgia.htm

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/BatmanTheRide.aspx

Batman The Ride is temporarily closed for painting.

Batman The Ride combines state-of-the-art thrill ride technology with Batman movie magic.

Yes everyone, I have to confirm such rumor to all. Batman is in fact being painted blue. I was at the Mountain today and it is in the process of getting painted a dark blue and black. In contrast to what everyone else has been saying, I think it looks GREAT! Seriously, just the touch up Batman needed. Also, the park is painting tons of things. We got a tour with Mr. Jay Thomas himself today and he showed us a variety of the new upgrades that they're making.

First off, they are repainting and redoing the infrastructure of the majority of Gotham. The new scenic painting should look really, really good and I'm impressed at the simple fact that they would take this time at the end of the season to really step things up. Also, a ton of stores and eateries have been repainted throughout the park. Some of the more noticable ones are Flags and the one next to Suzette's Bakery, they are bright blue! Jay told me that they chose that color to draw people into the store, which I thought was a good technique. He also took us on a tour through several of the bathroom redos, and MAN! They are really doing some great stuff to those toliets . Seriously though, the new bathrooms on the way to X2 above Flags are looking very, very spiffy and clean. There is also a ton of behind the scenes renovating going on, with the employee cafeteria getting completely remodled and the whole lounge areas and break areas for all of the employees are getting some sick murals and paint jobs and new materials and everything. I was extremely impressed by the amount of work being put into the small minor details. Mr. Thomas never ceases to impress me and I thank him very much for the tour he gave us today and for the expediated ride wristbands. A very, VERY good day at SFMM.

---Brent