TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Thomaskelly427.com

Why would you let "kids" join if your going to bash them everytime you get the chance. Maybe TPR should just be an adult site since in your opinions no kid on here has anything important to say.

Because this is a roller coaster fan website, so any fan of roller coasters and theme parks in general, even if that person is a year old or a 100 years old, can join.

Granted, a lot of people on this site would bash your statement if it were just completely idiotic. SFMM might be considering a drop tower sometime in the future, therefore somewhat justifying your question. However, its November of 2009. Why would they all of a sudden announce a new ride for 2009 when 2010 is a little over a month away, on top of the fact the 2010 coaster announcement could come anyday now?

I as a 14 year old don't get bashed at every comment I make. Also your comment came straight out of left field. It's November 2009 and no drop tower is at The Mountain so that's what Elissa was explaining to you. Hey no one is bashing you we are just saying that it's not happening.

Andrew "Sorry if I pointed out the obvious" Iorio

On another topic, I figured out the home of the new 2010 coaster for Magic Mountain. On the website it is supposed to be near Terminator, well all you go-kart fans you'll most likely be upset! Now this is just my prediction. Also, on another topic, some of the rides might be closed for refurbishment, or the unknown film that is/was being filmed there

Last year it seemed to be the place that parents dropped their kids off so that they could go do their holiday shopping. I know this is standard procedure for most parents, but it was pretty busy.

Hmmm

About how busy?

^ I went to SFMM last year on Black Friday and waited about 45 minutes for X2. Use that as a gauge.

I've thought about going again this year on Black Friday, but not sure at this time.

Of course, Saturday might be pretty busy, too, but Sundays tend to not be so bad.

Eric

Can anyone say Road Runner Express from SFNO?

Valencia, CA – Six Flags Magic Mountain will open their 17th roller coaster in 2010, tying Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for the most roller coasters in a single park.

While park officials didn't reveal the name or theme, the roller coaster won't exactly be new. Six Flags is recycling this family coaster from their closed theme park in New Orleans, where it operated under the name Road Runner Express.

This roller coaster last operated in August 2005 and closed along with Six Flags New Orleans after the park suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Katrina.

After standing unused for several years, the roller coaster was recently moved to Plainview, Texas where it's being refurbished before moving to its new home at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Known as a "Roller Skater", this 28-foot tall junior coaster has a single eight-car train that rides on 679-feet of steel track. The roller coaster is a product of Netherlands based Vekoma.

This family coaster will appeal to families, since both an adult and child can sit in the car, allowing parents to ride alongside their children.

Six Flags plans to position the coaster in the southwest corner of the park, beside Déjà Vu and Johnny Rockets concession. The park will remove an old theatre building to make room for the new attraction.

For Southern California thrill-seekers this family coaster may seem familiar. Two other Roller Skater models can be found at Castle Park in the Inland Empire and another, Gadget's Go Coaster, is at Disneyland Park in Orange County.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is expected to reveal the name and theme by the end of the month. There have been some Internet rumors circulating that claim the theme may be based on Six Flags mascot, Mr. Six.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20091118_01.shtml

^^ Exactly, it's a kiddie coaster...not a family coaster. This is not a ride a whole family would want to ride. If this is true, then I'm really disappointed...

...with the park. THBS/Vekoma Roller Skater, they're the same to me, but THBS would be much better for the park imo.

I'm not going to go crazy and lose sleep over this though. I highly doubt this is what SFMM would do.

I'm not going to go crazy and lose sleep over this though. I highly doubt this is what SFMM would do.

This sounds very reasonable to me. I'm just wondering if there is an official news release about it.

And it's a fine line because I can tell you that I would MUCH rather take Kristen on this coaster than some of the more rougher kiddie coasters out there in the world.

--Robb