TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^ Yeah, Josh, I remember hearing something about you getting a ride on X2 all by yourself that day. I've done Revolution, Viper, and Superman alone, but it'd be great to take a spin on X2 all alone.

^ I have a feeling that SFMM just might do that. It's a great way to get people out to the park.

Eric

^ Well it's also good marketing i they market it right. Even though I'm buying it no matter what, I'd buy a season pass in a heartbeat if I knew I'd get a special day where only season passholders were allowed. The only thing I'd change is If you buy the Xtreme play pass why not let them in the park an hour early like Cedar Fair does.

Andrew "An extra hour is a nice gift for the Xtreme pass" Iorio

Six Flags Magic Mountain has announced their 17th coaster today. All they've said is "Family Coaster." No other details. Check it out:

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/FamilyRides.aspx

Six Flags Magic Mountain to add 17th Coaster

A new family coaster is coming in early summer, bringing the coaster count to 17! Joining the world-renown collection, the new coaster will be located in the northwest corner of the Park, near last season's newest innovative thrill ride, Terminator® Salvation™: The Ride.

and here:

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/info/2010PlayPass.aspx

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces New Family Coaster For 2010

Six Flags Magic Mountain announced today the addition of a family coaster to the Valencia theme park in 2010, bringing the total number of coasters to 17. Joining the world-renown collection, the new coaster will debut in early summer and be located in the northwest corner of the Park, near last season's newest innovative thrill ride, Terminator® Salvation™: The Ride.

In 2010, Play Pass holders can race, spin, dive and fly on many of the world's most electrifying coasters found only at Six Flags Magic Mountain - like Terminator® Salvation™: The Ride, combining innovative thrill ride technology with a specially-designed wooden coaster; X2, the world's first five-dimensional coaster; TATSU, a "flying" beast; Scream, Southern California's first floorless coaster; Goliath, still The Giant Among Coasters; Colossus - a classic "woodie,"; Viper and many more.

Time for everyone to speculate....

"...the new coaster will be located in the northwest corner of the Park, near last season's newest innovative thrill ride, Terminator® Salvation™: The Ride."

Actually, that's the southwest corner of the park, but I'm just being geographically nit-picky.

I'm trying to picture exactly where this ride will be. There is a bit of land between Terminator and the go-carts, and a Tony Hawk's Big Spin could fit...

Glad to see a hint of what's to come. I don't have any problem with a Tony Hawk ride, as I think it would be a good fit, but I wonder if by chance they'll theme it to something else---even if only to differentiate it from the other THBS rides.

Eric "gets ready to cover his ears from all anti-clone crowd" L.

I know I shouldn't expect a themed SFMM, but if it's near Terminator a THBS wouldn't fit in. I mean a post apocoliptic Terminator and then Tony Hawk. I don't know I am glad we are getting a new ride.

Andrew "I'm still for the idea they should rename that corner Skynet Corners" Iorio

EDIT: Just saw this

Scheduled to open in early summer 2010, the family coaster will be located in the northwest corner of the park between the looping Déjà Vu coaster and the Johnny Rockets Shakes and Fries food stand.
It sounds like it's to the left of Deja Vu where Deja Vu's Queue is. Don't know if it'll be near the go karts at all.