TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think SFMM really does need a "Disney" sized ride, somewhere in the 45-80 foot height range, nothing too thrilling nor boring. I wouldnt be upset if we got a THBS, granted I would like to get something original at SFMM, but I really do enjoy those rides.

I went to SFDK before July Fourth weekend, when most of the lines died down (due to a Boys like Girls concert), the only ride that still had a line was THBS, about 45 minutes too! That shows that these rides can really draw a crowd, especially with families as pretty much every group in line (besides my cousin and I) had at least 1 small child with them.

...Of course a mega lite loaded with airtime and a capacity greater than 810 pph would be nice too

^I am to assume it's because he agrees with you,

or...

He's a psycotic viral terrorist plotting to control your mind through infiltrating your TPR posts, slowly taking control of your cognative reflexes until he merges your thoughts with his, ultimately becoming one in the same...

That being the worst case scenario, let's hope it's the former and not the ladder.

^ Even though Diana and I were just at SFMM yesterday, we'll be there on September 11.

I have not ridden a Tony Hawk coaster as of yet, so I can't comment on their capacity or quality of ride experience. But something like that is what SFMM needs to fill in the gap between XTREME!!1!! and kiddie, especially if they're trying to keep the family image going.

This "exchanging of gifts" between parks has me curious. If SFMM gets something from another park, what will they give up? I can't see it being a coaster because management has already stated that SFMM is going to get the coaster record back (that is, number of coasters in one park). Next year's coaster will be No. 17, tying them with Cedar Point.

I got it! Another park can have Metro...we're not using it!

Eric

I hope we get a Dark Knight coaster clone....who's with me?

I know you're joking, but I'd much rather see a poorly-themed wild mouse than a Tony Hawk clone. Just my opinion.

Later on, I'd love to see a mega-lite, giga, or prefab. More airtime please!

As for trading rides with other parks, SFMM hasn't kept any of the rides they were given (RIP Flashback), leading me to believe we should get a freebie!:)

On a side note, on my last couple rides on Terminator, I felt 4 pretty awesome pops of airtime. Anyone else have the same count? Just curious.

^^Let's see...drop, airtime hill, that weird sideways drop before the first tunnel, coming out of the tunnel, coming out of the flyby, so I can count 5 "airtime" spots, some don't give amazing airtime, but they're there.

Edit: Has anyone ever had a total brown pants moment on Log Jammer? My boat tipped I'd say about 50 degrees after the first drop on it because the water didn't slow the log down enough and we hit the turn at a decent speed. It had never happened to me before on the ride, but it was pretty freaky haha

Went to the Mountain last night around 6 or 7pm. While I wouldn't necessarily describe the evening crowd as "light," Terminator was pretty much a walk-on. We waited about 35 minutes for Deja Vu and at least 45 minutes for X2 around closing time. I was a little disappointed since we'd been hoping to get more than one night ride on X2. Still, thumbs up on Terminator.

Oh, and I'd never ridden Goliath at night before-- the first drop is sick!

^^ SFMM is closed to the public that day, but it is open from 4pm till 10pm for season passholders and their friends (who either need a pass or a coupon from the booklet to get in for a reduced price). My guess is that most attractions will be open, though perhaps only selected food/merchandise outlets will be.

I wouldn't call the event "ERT," but with attendance limited, lines may not be as long as normal, so you can probably get more rides in.

Eric

My friend is a season pass holder so maybe he could take me with him The event sounds really fun, that would be cool to go. And I forgot to mention that when I went to the Mountain last week, there was a flat bed that had a bunch of what looked like piping. For a new ride possibly or something completely different? And I was wondering, did X2 win the Holy Rail?

And I forgot to mention that when I went to the Mountain last week, there was a flat bed that had a bunch of what looked like piping. For a new ride possibly or something completely different

Really? Where was the flatbed just in the parking lot?

Andrew "I'm excited about the Passholder event " Iorio

EDIT: I'm following the SFMM twitter and this was just posted, "Mega Shark sounds like a good rollercoaster name. hmmm???? Maybe a water ride? Who knows." Probably doesn't mean anything but who knows?