TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I have honestly never had a problem with "roughness" on Colossus, it's just never happened to me. The only bad experience I had on it was busting my nuts riding in the back row coming off the mcbr, of course I still really dont like the ride in any row since it's just flat out boring.

My Opinion on Colossus:

I love it!

My favorite seat is in the back where every drop gets my butt off the seat. I love the first drop and the slower paced turn that add suspense to the next drop. Almost ever drop on the ride is memorable to me, the ride has the perfect amount of wooden coaster roughness, and it is creepy back up to being one of my favorite coasters at the park!

+ Colossus Backwards is the only coaster in California that I think is better than Xcelerator.

Colossus Backwards is the only coaster in California that I think is better than Xcelerator

Quoted for truth

Quote:

Does anyone know why X2 is only running one train? Is it just because they think there won't be huge lines or what?

They are just being cheap and lazy.

X2 should be running 2 trains at all times. Its just way too popular there really is no excuse for 1 train operation especially when the ride has 3 trains.

Well I thought the third train was damaged. And I really don't think they are being cheap and lazy. Actually I think they are being smart, it takes a lot of energy to have two trains running, and when the crowds are pretty low it is a pretty good idea to be running one.

The problem with Colossus is that it could be so much more then it is. I've heard stories of what it used to be like, and now it's nothing more then a family coaster. I personally have always enjoyed the ride, but I'll admit that if there is a wait of more then about 10 minutes (which there seldom is) I'm going to skip it and move on.

Quote:

Does anyone know why X2 is only running one train? Is it just because they think there won't be huge lines or what?

They are just being cheap and lazy.

X2 should be running 2 trains at all times. Its just way too popular there really is no excuse for 1 train operation especially when the ride has 3 trains.

Well I thought the third train was damaged. And I really don't think they are being cheap and lazy.

I agree with the thinking of they are being lazy. A ride of that caliber should always run 2 trains due to the popularity. Look at Terminator I'm pretty sure that's running two trains everyday. So I think X2 should be running two trains if the ride opens.

Andrew "I'm still DREAMING of 3 train operation"Iorio

Terminator seemed to have way too many employees just hanging around. They had two employees just to tell people to use the locker. I didn't see any pre-show while entering. Maybe it's up to the employees to slack off and don't do a pre-show so they could just all stand around doing nothing. They all seem to be happy employees, however.

...if the ride would be at Disneyland it would have gone to the same resting place Rocket Rods are these days...

Edit:

Changing topic a little, it is almost September and no signs of anything "new for 2010", should we assume the "coaster" is cancelled?

Just wondering..

^^

I hope the new ride isn't canceled, but in other news..

BREAKING NEWS: Six Flags Magic Mountain to receive El Toro as part of return of Ride Rotation Program

Link

jk

How would you guys feel about a Ride Rotation Program? Back in the day, Six Flags would relocate rides from one park to another after a period of time(they had a ride rotation program back then). Some rides that we're used in this program for instance, was Flashback (Z-Force), etc among others.

What would you think about this program if it was used today?

Dang, you have to much time on your hand, but have to say that I LOVE THE GRAPHIC!

According to Screamscape, the idea for the 50th Six Flags Anniversary is to bring the ride rotation program back aka every park is sending a gift to another park of the chain

So let's get out imagination go wild....

I would trade Riddler(which I love) for El Torro...

...if the ride would be at Disneyland it would have gone to the same resting place Rocket Rods are these days...

Edit:

Changing topic a little, it is almost September and no signs of anything "new for 2010", should we assume the "coaster" is cancelled?

Just wondering..

After some SFMM thread searching, thanks Robb for the first page that archives everything! The first update showing signs of construction was September 28th, so if we do get something that isnt a little roller skater haha, the signs should start showing up this month

Edit: BTW, SFMM could build El Toro on steroids and the gp would still think it's the same as Terminator and Colossus

What if Disney bought Magic Mountain form Six Flags and jazzed it up with Marvel and other attractions. Turn the Hurricane Harbor into a Disney water park? Maybe develop another theme park adjacent to it? Of course Prices would skyrocket.

^I'm so NOT there! I really wouldn't mind a Tony Hawk clone but if the capacity is bad that's not what the park needs. Knowing Magic Mountain it wil be a Tony Hawk but it'll be themed to something else.

Andrew "If it's the biggest and baddest, I'm fine with that" Iorio