TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Whenever I go to the park I make sure I ride both at least once. Eventhough they are not the most thrilling and forcefull coasters there I find them both to be a lot of fun. I don't care that Scream! is over a parking lot or Riddler's is slow through the top of it's loop, doesn't matter. They are both unique (good or bad) and appealing to me and fun in their own way. Isn't that what it all comes down to? If the majority of guests have a good time on them then I think these rides are doing their job.

Does anyone here work at Magic Mountain?

I'm thinking about applying for a job next semester (in the Spring --during school) and the Summer months as well)) just to make some cash to pay off student loans that I'll be incurring this academic year of school + I could use the work experience (I've never had a job before).

Not too sure how things work, but if I can't get a job on campus at my school, I'm going to try to get something going with SFMM. I wouldn't mind doing something in the station (ride operator or whatever). But I won't be too picky.... just as long as I'm out of the sun haha.

Question: Is it a good time to start applying now if said is the case? Or should I wait on it a little more? Also, I'm guessing there's probably some priority as to where they'd put ya for rides--- right?

Why is everybody saying that Scream! is the worst floorless?? It's the same layout as Bizarro at SFGAdv just backwards!:lmao: Has anyone noticed that? I think with all the hype and good reviews Medusa got being turned into Bizarro they should do THAT to scream. And personally I think Scream! is pretty intense in the back row, especially at night! That camera flash just catches you off guard!!

I have a question for the experienced magic mountain goer's. On the left side of X2 I got the scariest element on the ride in my opinion. Not the first drop, not the flames, not the flips, but at the very end of the ride when you turn back over, I thought i was going to hit my head on a support beam. I was on the left, outside car. I felt like I could kiss the bar from where I was. I'm sure it's an illusion but have you guys noticed how close the bar looks.

You guys have a flash pass? That seems like it's the only way to get on without racing to it when the park opens. Thats the way I got my one ride for the trip. It was amazing but I wish I could've gotten more rides oh well. Tatsu, Terminator and Goliath probably made up for lost X2 rides. Oh and by the way thank you very much for you're advice a few months back on the park. It was very helpful. I was so excited to get there the first night though I bit off more than I could chew and Riddler had a line where you could stay on the train if you asked the worker. I went on it 4 times in a row after riding coasters for 5 hours for the first time in probably 8 months. I took dramamine the next two days and I was fine. Thanks again for the advice.

So next week I am going to Mac Mountain. And I am trying to decide on what to ride first. Should we do the running of the bulls to X2, or go to Terminator and Deja Vu. My mom and I can't stand waiting in a long Deja line, but we have waited 2 hours for X2 on multiple occasions, and it is easy to deal with much unlike Deja. What do you guys think we should do?

Why is everybody saying that Scream! is the worst floorless?? It's the same layout as Bizarro at SFGAdv just backwards!

Um...do you remember Medusa ever being spoke highly of?

I don't really recall SFGAdv Medusa ever being spoken highly of but the Bizarrro re-theme has really made the ride better. For one, the ride was smooth, it had decent audio, FIRE, and the mister through the corkscrews was pretty sweet. I'd say that with the redo it's one of the best rides in the park! And it's awesome at night.

I actually enjoyed Bizarro much more then I have ever enjoyed Scream!.

^That's your opinion, and I respect it. However, we will have to disagree on the sentiment that effects don't make the physical ride better. Sure it may make for a better "experience" per se, and in that regard, I could agree with you. However, as it stands, Scream is the odd-ride-out in a family of thrill machines. I think its a fun ride, but I don't think its gonna knock anybody's socks off, even if you add fire and misters to it.

I would say that Scream! is comparable to most floorless coasters I have been on. I think most people give it a bad rap because of the lack of theme. As well as the bottom of the hill tends to rattle. But it is still a good solid ride in my books. I personally like it better than Riddlers. I guess when it all comes down to it we all have our opinions and it doesn't truly matter. Someone might believe that Revolution is one of the best coasters ever.

Revolution DID used to knock your socks flat off. There used to be socks scattered on the hillside just below the ride. That was the proof.

As many others do, I feel that vibrating rattle at the bottom of Scream!'s first drop. From what I've heard over the years, that section of track was dropped during construction and therefore "tweaked," but never straightened (if that's possible) or replaced. But I can't verify that such a thing actually happened---just what I've heard.

It's the only floorless I've ridden, so I can't compare it to any others.

Eric

^That's your opinion, and I respect it. However, we will have to disagree on the sentiment that effects don't make the physical ride better. Sure it may make for a better "experience" per se, and in that regard, I could agree with you. However, as it stands, Scream is the odd-ride-out in a family of thrill machines. I think its a fun ride, but I don't think its gonna knock anybody's socks off, even if you add fire and misters to it.

I respect your opinion too, but it was also a smoother ride than Scream is.

I agree that Scream really isn't a ride that's going to knock your socks off but I think that it could be a very solid and enjoyable ride if management decided to introduce a Bizarro-like treatment. Sure, mist and fire only adds to the overall 'experience' like you said, but isn't it the experience that actually counts? It's like comparing X to X2.

But as a stand alone ride, Scream and Bizarro both are only mediocre, there's just that fact that Bizarro has audio, fire, mist, and light effects alone with a smoother ride.

When I went to Magic Mountain, I did the running of the bull's to X2, had a 20 minute wait, and could still go to terminator and Deja Vu. We went on Terminator first and the line was about 5 minutes. Then we went to Deja Vu and the line was about 5-10 minutes. After you get you're Deja Vu rides in, head over to Goliath, the line will probably be about 5 minutes. On the way you could stop by Riddler and Batman with 5-15 minute lines. You can also take the climb up to Superman if it gets too hot. The line early in the day can range from 3 to 15 minutes and the que line is about 65 degrees. Also, keep an eye on Tatsu to see if both stations are operating. If they are, head over to Tatsu. Tatsu is a good ride to ride around 7 pm and later. The line seemed to shrink around that time. I hope you find this helpful.

I respect your opinion too, but it was also a smoother ride than Scream is.

I agree that Scream really isn't a ride that's going to knock your socks off but I think that it could be a very solid and enjoyable ride if management decided to introduce a Bizarro-like treatment. Sure, mist and fire only adds to the overall 'experience' like you said, but isn't it the experience that actually counts? It's like comparing X to X2.

But as a stand alone ride, Scream and Bizarro both are only mediocre, there's just that fact that Bizarro has audio, fire, mist, and light effects alone with a smoother ride.

I am in agreement with Bolliger&Mabillard here. Mist and fire effects do nothing for me as the rider. I think it just makes it more entertaining for spectators who are watching the ride. You hardly notice any of these effects while riding which is why adding a ridiculous Bizarro theme would not make me want to ride Scream any more. The only good thing that came from the X2 tansformation is adding the new trains, which are just as rough in my opinion, but are very cool looking.

Isn't X2 supposed to be smooth as Scream!? Well I actually find X2 smoother than Scream!. At WCB My mom and I were the only ones on it and I swear she had a bruise that went up 1/4 of her neck. Scream! used to be one of her favorites, but now not so much. IMO, Scream! is great but there are a lot of rides that are better. I think a Bizzaro re-theme may make it even better. Although I am a little agitated that every new Six Flags ride has to have audio, fire, and mist.