TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^I figured someone would bring up my avatar, haha I just like the picture, IDK I actually did have ONE enjoyable ride on Scream, but the last time I rode it honestly felt like airplane turbulance most of the time, not really painful rough, just rough. The only element on that ride that really thrills me is the zero g roll, the rest is just...bland and boring to me

The cobra roll and corkscrews are really uncomfortable and headbangy sometimes, I remember my first ride on Scream I slammed my head into the restraint in the corkscrews. But Silver Bullet was also kind of headbangy in the cobra roll so it must be a cobra roll thing

Scream was rushed and built on the cheap as much as possible, they didnt do the smoothening process B&M recommends before opening the ride hence its been bumpy since it opened.

^I've never heard that one before. Maybe that's true though because it would make sense.

I do think that if Scream was given the Bizarro treatment like at SFGAdv it would make it a lot better ride. (Maybe it would be possible to make it smoother?) Bizarro was a really fun ride, but then again I wasn't expecting much because it's a mirror image of Scream.

^I've never heard that one before. Maybe that's true though because it would make sense.

I do think that if Scream was given the Bizarro treatment like at SFGAdv it would make it a lot better ride. (Maybe it would be possible to make it smoother?) Bizarro was a really fun ride, but then again I wasn't expecting much because it's a mirror image of Scream.

Its vice versa. Scream was a mirror image of Medusa/Bizarro at SFGAdv

Scream was rushed and built on the cheap as much as possible, they didnt do the smoothening process B&M recommends before opening the ride hence its been bumpy since it opened.

B&M's are NOT inheritably smooth??? I have lost hope in all things good in this world...

Speaking of floorless B&Ms, Medusa at SFDK, which I had the opportunity to ride a total of about 10 times during Bay Area Bash (Thanks to 3 rides during morning ERT and the rest using Gold Flashpass) , rode distinctly differently depending on which of the 2 trains I was on. One train was smooth as glass, while the other was very noticeably rattling/shaking. I'd say the rattling train was about on par with just about every ride I've ever taken on Scream. I only mention this because it made me very acutely aware of how much effect the train had on the ride when both trains were obviously running on the same exact track. I even had a brief discussion about the very noticeable difference from one train to the other with a couple of the other event attendees. It makes me wonder how much of Scream's shake and rattle is train related vs track related.

^That's interesting. I only rode it once on my trip, and it kicked the crap out of Scream!, so I must have got the good train.

That being said, while Scream isn't as smooth as other B&M's, I still find it a really enjoyable ride. I mean, I'd ride Scream over Viper or Revolution anyday. Plus it's always a walk on, so it's win-win.

^Viper today is almost never the same as Viper tomorrow. Viper is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. When it's good it's great. When it's bad it's okay, and when it's ugly... Well I still like it a lot when it's ugly.

Scream! needs new trains... Ones that have sounds on them and came part of a packaged deal to enhance the rest of the ride.

^ With the way Viper is running right now, I would take that over Scream! any day.

I coulnt agree more, hell my last ride on Viper was smoother than my Ride on Scream! Plus I so much prefer Viper's layout over Scream's standard B&M layout (well I guess Viper's is kinda standard since it had 2 sisters), but good ol' Vipey is really having itself one hell of a year

I, for one, was a fan of "Speakers in the parking lot Scream." I guess this is me saying that I think onboard audio would help the ride. The speakers were kind of silly, but it totally worked.

Also, I dont think the ride is bad at all! Medusa is basically the premier ride at SFDK, and its basically the same thing. Because Scream is at a park full of monsters, I think that lowers peoples opinion of it. Any mid-size park would drool over having a Scream clone.

I still say a really good flat ride needs to go down in that plaza, and maybe a game or two. It would really liven things up over there.

Chris.

I've heard it rides smoother towards the back (that's the only area I've ridden it this year) and it's really become one of my favorite coasters there.

Just a thought, Is there enough space in Termy's former staging area for another decently sized coaster? I mean it'd be piling rides on top of eachother, but it looks like they have a large plot of land to work with