TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Actually I wouldn't mind have a tower like Supreme Scream at SFMM. I would actually welcome it with open arms just because it will add another deserved flat ride that the park can use. I personally enjoy drop towers and I think people that go to SFMM would enjoy one as well.... Just IMO.

^I'm sorry, I agree with you most of the time, but statements like this:

After just visiting the Texas Six Flags Parks two of them just a few hours away from each other both had Tony Hawk coasters.

Most people who visit SFMM haven't a clue as to what else is out there

Doesn't agree with this statement:

Come to SFMM, we have a ride just like Supreme Scream at Knott's

After just visiting the Texas Six Flags Parks two of them just a few hours away from each other both had Tony Hawk coasters.

Alright touche there, but at an advertising standpoint, adding more bells and whistles to it would make it sound more unique...of course extra height could take the cake

SFFT and SFOT both have Tony Hawk coasters, but, they are approximately 4 and a half hours away from each other while KBF and SFMM are about an hour away from each other. If SFFT and SFOT were that close to each other I wouldn't think they would both have Tony Hawk coasters.

It's like a Southern California and Northern California situation. It'd be fine if there was another Supreme Scream clone (or something close to it) in Northern California because both are a pretty decent distance away from each other and like one of your quote's says most of the time the gp doesn't know what's going on.

But a ride just like Supreme Scream, an hour away, at SFMM? I'm all for SFMM getting a drop tower, but I like the gyro drop idea much more than the idea of an S&S tower just like Supreme Scream. A gyro drop would probably be different enough for the gp to not think the two are the same (different height, seating, tilting, etc.) while still adding a fun, intimidating flat to SFMM.

^KBF and DCA both have S&S towers. I say, join the club SFMM!!!!! LoL

(this post is kind of a joke, no need to start discussing the future of the Maliboomer, or how Supreme Scream and Maliboomer function differently)

CHris.

^But why not have something that distances itself from the drop towers at KBF, DCA and Castle Park, while still giving the same, or better experience?

Well I never said that, all I said was that there would be nothing wrong if SFMM decided to add a S&S tower to their line-up. Just don't get fixated on the fact that there's a drop tower 40 miles away and people closer to SFMM wouldn't be grateful for it being that much closer to them. I know I would!

^haha true, but any drop tower would be a good addition to SFMM, the reason I'm fixated on the Gyro Drop is because of its high capacity

Technical Data

Height 68.8m 79.9m 91.2m

Height speed 93 km/h 98 km/h 105 km/h

Number of persons

40 40 40

Ride Time 56 sec.

70 sec.

138 sec.

Theoretical capacity 1360 pers. 1200 pers. 1040 pers.

Source

^ I agree, I rode on at King's Dominion in Virginia and boy are those towers GREAT! Supreme Scream is about 254ft tall and Drop Zone at KD is 305ft, granted it isn't that much of a difference but the seats that are stretched out from the tower are too awesome.

I'd rather see an S&S Drop Tower because they make multi-tower structures and accomidate more guest.

It seems to me that gyro drops still have better capacity, especially when most S&S combo towers don't run all towers at once.

Supreme Scream runs 3 towers quite often, Superman Towere of Power ran (SFoT) runs 3 pretty consistantly, Power Tower at Cedar Point. It also allows for continuous operation when each unit needs to be recabled. Since you can stagger the rehab schedule, the ride technically never has to close.

Are the lines on Goliath always short from opening until around 5 pm or did my Dad and I just get lucky?

I don't know what it was, but it was really long later in the day when I went on Thursday. I was going to ride Goliath as the last ride to end the day (it's a tradition) and the line was at least an hour/hour 30 wait.

I was shocked when I saw that line. I couldn't believe it. This was around 7 PM.

I had to turn away.

a little OT....

over by Tastu, there is one of the boardwalk games, that i havnt seen before, its the one where you step into this closet shaped thing, and you have to catch tickets, while the wind is blowing in there. has anyone here played that game? because it seems like there is always a bunch of people watching it....

this is what i am talking about

cashflow.jpg.136eec42798f6be3b5cdef929ade15de.jpg

There used to be one over by Tatsu. I have a video of my friend making a complete fool of himself in that one. It's pretty funny.

If my memory serves, it's filled with tickets that you can redeem at any other game booth in the park.

can you post the video!!

wait, its not there anymore.... and the tickets were just "fake money" you got a certain amount you could redeem it for a prize... (TV, XBOX, dvd player,) AND I MEAN GOOOD PRIZES!!

I remember seeing a man in that machine (though it was between Terminator and Deja Vu). It seems that they don't actually give away cash (unlike some other identical machines I've seen before), but instead, prizes depending on the number of pieces of paper you catch.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated topic, does anybody know how to add the accents on "Deja" (namely on the "e" and the "a")? I'm sorry that I'm posting this here, but I searched the site and didn't find anything.

^ What I do is type "Deja Vu" in a word processing program---Microsoft Word in my case---and it automatically adds those accent marks. Then I cut and paste that into my post here.

A roundabout way to do it, but it works. Generally, though, I don't do that anymore because, while correct, it's sort of unnecessary because around here we all know what "Deja Vu" is.

Eric

Went to Hurricane Harbor on Saturday. Crowds seemed fairly light (do the lines on Taboo Tower and Black Snake Summit usually fill up only about halfway?) and I got stuck at the top of Daredevil's Plunge

On a side note, anyone know if there are any special deals going on at SFMM like the buy one ticket, bring one can of coke and get one free?