TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I still say that it would be ideal as a teppan grill style (like Benihana) restaurant. Not only would it fit the theme of that area, but it would be quite popular.

Eric

I think that might be a little to upscale for SFMM, but agree that it would be a good fit. Whatever they put there, I think it is time for something, since if I remember right, the building is quite an eyesore.

I also think they need to renovate those bathrooms that are in the old cable car building (I believe). That building almost looks like it is rotting. After seeing the changes that have taken place over the last couple of years, I have faith that they will get around to this area of the park. I am sure it is just a matter of time and money.

I'd be terrified to see how much they'd charge for a teppan grill at SFMM.

As for the bathrooms up on Samurai Summit, they are some of the cleanest in the park from my experiences. They also seem to have the best air conditioning during the summer as well.

Once again I have added a new Terminator update here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=692289#692289

Which also includes some other park improvements such as the new Johnny Rockets location, the new Cold Stone loation, and the Yo-Yo getting refurbed.

Please keep Terminator related discussion in that thread, all other SFMM related talk can go here.

Enjoy the update!

--Robb

It will be nice to have an actual, full service Cold Stone in the park. The Cold Stone Limited is nothing like the real one, being that there are no mix-ins available.

I wonder what they did with that giant fake chili dog? Maybe I'll keep an eye on eBay!

Eric

The Cold Stone Limited is nothing like the real one, being that there are no mix-ins available.

No mix-ins?? But isn't that the whole point of the business? The "cold stone" is the slab they mix it all up on! Egads! That's outrageous!

/SFMM remains dead to me.

//Oh wait, they're putting in a real one, though.

///Nevermind.

When I was there last week I noticed a Surveyor Team just inside the Batman Ride entrance. The only thing I can think they were doing is surveying to install those new Q-Bot Machines.

The new Qbot system no longer requires the Q-Bot kiosks to be installed. I'm pretty sure they have now been either removed or no longer used at the other parks that have switched over to the new Q-Bot system.

--Robb

When I was there last week I noticed a Surveyor Team just inside the Batman Ride entrance. The only thing I can think they were doing is surveying to install those new Q-Bot Machines.

The new Qbot system no longer requires the Q-Bot kiosks to be installed. I'm pretty sure they have now been either removed or no longer used at the other parks that have switched over to the new Q-Bot system.

--Robb

Okay, I don't know what they were doing there than. They were right inside the entrance to the left. Could be some more theming going in? How about making Batman an indoor ride?

I know this is a little random, but does anyone know when playpasses expire? I have a 08' playpass and I would like to visit sometime soon but I'm not sure if mine is still valid due to there not being an expiration date posted on it. Thanks.

^I know it's kind of a dumb question but I wanted to make sure because I know my 08' CF maxpass doesn't expire until 3/09.

The CF passes work differently. I was able to use the one I bought at Carowinds in June to get into Knotts the following March. That pass had no expiration date on it. I think they take into consideration that if you buy it at a seasonal park you aren't really getting a full year.

Six Flags doesn't follow this logic though.

I think it would be too much of a headache for SF to keep track of though.

Your results may vary.

Does anyone know if I can use my season parking pass at other six flags parks?

Also, at SFMM, can I tow an RV Trailer in and just pay the difference between cars and RV's with my parking pass? I'm thinking about catching some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's in the Trailer while the teens run around the park. Looks like you get better parking and sometimes covered.