TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The Q-bot is amazing!

When I have used the Gold at Raging Bull at Sfgam, I'd have my ride validated, then reserve it again. Once I got off the ride the first time, it was already time for my second ride. This is with a one hour line to boot. This system isn't something most visitors will buy. It is at a premium for a reason. They know people will buy it at this price. It's a perk. It's a ride vip tour without the guide.

I support the system a lot. Give it a chance. I do agree that the prices are high and I probably wouldn't want to pay that much, but after a fun day at the park, I probably wouldn't say I "wasted" my money.

It helped a ton at LaRonde, but the only reason we got it is because the operations are so terrible we had to. Im personally not a big fan of it (though I dont like any queue management system) because they sell a LOT of these and it really slows down the standby queue. At SFGAm in the past few years they keep selling more and more and more every year to the point where so many people have it the standby line moves half (or less) the speed that should be acceptable. Theres been times at TDK where we've had to load entire preshows (thats like 80 people) of FlashPass at once just because so many people have it. Plus if you buy regular the wait time is often longer than the standby line. Its great if you have and are willing to shell out $70 but if not you get screwed royally cause if you think the lines at SFMM move slow now, wait till they start selling thousands of these.

While there's no doubt that it is pricey, it's an amazing product. It made a busy day at SFGAM extremely enjoyable.

It will be interesting to see what rides are on SFMM's Q-Bot system.

I'm sure all of the rides that offer FastPass/FlashPass/Whatever now will be on the Q-Bot list...

I'm most interested in seeing what the final Xtreme Pass offerings turn out to be. Hopefully the Flash Pass deal will be significant enough that it will actually be considered a perk. I also wonder if they will add any benefits to offset losing one of the major selling points of the Xtreme Pass.

The last few times I've been to SFMM, I got the four free FlashPass tickets, but never used more than one of them. How? Because I was by myself, I used the Single Rider line. Never have I been refused. Even at Goliath, I just asked an attendant at the exit if I could jump into a seat if one was open and would wait (which seat didn't matter). My waits were a train or two at the most.

But next year, during the summer, I'll upgrade if I have people with me. I've never used Q-Bot, but it sounds like the way to go if you have a group.

Eric

The lockers by the gift shop were getting some new construction there, is that going to have something to do with your new queuebots? I hadn't seen any info about what it's going to be.

I also saw they were still making little progress on T:TC - concrete still not poured.

The park was pretty dead sunday. Easy lines, the valley was really clear too, the wind blew the smoke into LA instead of out here.

I got to the park on Sunday for the 2nd time in my life, and was sad to see the Revolution closed with a big sign that read: "Excuse Our Mess.. We are building for your future enjoyment". I looked in this thread and didn't see anything, anyone know why it's closed?

Deja Vu was also down, and so was X in the morning and Superman in the morning. Yo Yo was down too.

I never did ride Superman... I have before though. I took my first-ever ride on X in th afternoon (30 minute wait) and it was really shakey... not sure if I liked it, I'll have to try it again someday.

Rode Goliath, Goldrusher, Viper and Colossus twice. I REALLY liked Colossus and loved Goldrusher.. that may be in my top 5 there. Ninja was great too.. couldnt fit on Tatsu. The other 3 Beemers were "okay"

Sad to see the Bayern Curve gone.

Sorry to hear your visit wasn't as good as it could be. Knowing that the off season is upon us SFMM tends to have rides down for rehab during this time. Sorry you couldn't hit Tatsu, hopefully one day you can enjoy it in all its splendor!

exactly how much rehab can be expected? Im looking to drive down (from norcal) early January. Now Revolution being down wouldn't bug me too much (ridden it before anyways), but I still haven't done X, so that would be a must-visit. Also, while I have ridden Tatsu before, it being down would be a massive disappointment since that ride is simply fantastic.

Oh, it was still a GREAT trip. We had a lot of fun, lines were pretty non-existant at most of the rides and the employees were really cool to us.

Plus, the girl that played Wonder Woman was HOT

I was able to go up to the Tatsu Exit and try a seat instead of waiting in line, which really made the visit much better.. I was a bit bummed, but not as bad as I could have been.

I know that we went in a typical time where some rides would be closed, but that big "Excuse our Mess" sign at Revolution worried me a bit, but I hope the ride is safe from removal.

Oh, it was still a GREAT trip. We had a lot of fun, lines were pretty non-existant at most of the rides and the employees were really cool to us.

Plus, the girl that played Wonder Woman was HOT

I was able to go up to the Tatsu Exit and try a seat instead of waiting in line, which really made the visit much better.. I was a bit bummed, but not as bad as I could have been.

I know that we went in a typical time where some rides would be closed, but that big "Excuse our Mess" sign at Revolution worried me a bit, but I hope the ride is safe from removal.

I'm not an expert or even a local to SFMM but they wouldn't take Revolution out. It's such a classic that I'm sure the whole park would go before this ride would.

Aside from the facts that it's an ACE landmark and a park icon, Revolution doesn't really take up any valuable space in the park. It has such a noble perch on that hill in the park. Besides, the fact that it's mostly hidden by trees, the ride could sit for years SBNO and I don't think anyone woud notice.