TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ Those things can be moved/modified. They did that when they moved Psyclone's trains from Psyclone to Colossus to run backwards.

However, Viper is pretty wild going forward. Backwards might be a bit much much in my opinion.

Now imagine GhostRider running backwards during Haunt...

Eric

They can be moved but I don't think they would sacrifice one of their trains to be modified to go backwards. The effort to do so would make me assume that train would stay the backwards train forever...effectively reducing their normal operating capacity.

That along with the idea of Viper probably being very painful backwards is good enough reason not to do it.

quick question,

We have never came down for fright fest must less on a Saturday. What is the crowd like, is it like SFDK where it is light earlier then fills up in the afternoon? We will be there open to close what is the best time for Tatsu and X2? I am almost thinking even though it will be a fight( with my wife..lol) to return Sunday morning for a couple of hours before we head back because it seems like the first few hours of Sunday are always light.

quick question,We will be there open to close what is the best time for Tatsu and X2? I am almost thinking even though it will be a fight( with my wife..lol) to return Sunday morning for a couple of hours before we head back because it seems like the first few hours of Sunday are always light.
We just came back from our trip to Cali. So of course we went to SFMM. X2 was closed! i couldnt believe it. One of my favorite rides. But i did get a chance to ride TATSU. It was a blast. I would say hit those two roller coasters first then ride the rest. I would also buy the FLASH PASS just in case the lines are to long. good luck!

Keep in mind X2 will not run in cold or heavy wind so hope for good weather!

This is true. It was windy that day. So it was closed. I still dont understand why all the other rides were in working order.

I was there Oct 13th and It was very very windy as well, but everything else was open. I'm just glad that they close the ride and we don't get stuck on X2 after it valleys. Just be glad you can experience all of the other OPEN rides in the park. Just because X2 was closed it doesn't mean it wasn't in working order, it was just closed due to the weather.

Even though I didn't get to ride X2 my day wasn't ruined because of it. I still had an outstanding time at the park, and so did my friend.

Another thing I noticed was that it was windy on the X2, Viper side of the park, but It wasn't windy on the other side of the hill were Riddlers, Batman, Scream, etc. are at.

John

Boy Saturday and Sunday could not have been more different. We had talked my Brother-in-law and his family to make the 4 hour drive with us this time and Saturday was the most miserable day I have ever had in a Theme Park( Yes the smart part of me knew it would be that way, last Saturday before Halloween along with beautiful weather but the kid in me wanted to go anyway!). The best part is this was our first Fright Fest at SFMM as we normally just go to SFDK for Fright Fest. The only character in movies that has ever gave my wife nightmares is that clown. I just have to say it was fun. Also riding Colossus backwards was pretty darn cool. Sunday was awesome, I love Sunday mornings. I got to ride the knew version of X for the first time because I had a few surgeries this summer and before I thought the change was just a marketing scheme but I have to say I loved the changes. We got to the line at 10:45 and waited about an hour so not bad at all. The sound and the fire were really good new effects, awesome. 10 minute wait for Tatsu at 1pm, you can not beat that. My proudest moment as a father was my 10 year old daughter out riding her 27 year old uncle and getting my 1 1/2 year old nephew riding and liking Goliath Jr.(I refuse to call it anything else). Then I finally ran into Jahan at the park which was really neat after looking at this site all the time for years. Whats next running in to Rob Avery or Jay Thomas? I am so glad I was able to talk my wife into a few of us going back Sunday.

After watching that X2 clip I just do not understand why more parks and production companies don't have us come out and shoot their onride video. The segment itself I thought looked fine, but clearly whoever shot the POV stuff had a "traditional film" shooting background and knew nothing about rides.

I know for a fact we could film X2 and make it look smooth as glass with our technique, but you keep getting these "video professionals" who are "roller coaster amateurs" filming coasters like they do racecars or other vehicles and it just looks terrible and shows off the ride poorly.

/end rant.

--Robb

Just a heads up...don't plan to go to MM this Saturday (the 8th). They're closed all day for a private event. It seems a company forked out enough money to close the park on a Saturday. There are going to be thousands of pissed off general admission guests arriving Saturday morning...