TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Always thought Heckles and Twitch were cool and glad to see them around again. This haunt really does look like fun. (gears in head start turning over how to get out to California in the next few years)

This and the USH HHN coverage are both most enticing. Robb, you, CTU, and Erik are all converting another fan here, you realize this. Great update!

Would anyone who has been to fright fest this year like to post a review of the new maze, because I am really curious to find out if it is any good. The pictures Robb has doesn't make it look to good, especial compared to all the other mazes

Also I really still want SFMM to bring back the theater maze, because it not only had a great story, but it had the best sets I think, including the elevator, and the final scene. It did vary from year to year, but it was still my favorite.

^ What kind of review are you looking for? I wrote in my update that it worked just fine and it was a good maze. You live in Saugus how about just driving 5 minutes to the park and going through it yourself?

--Robb

^ What kind of review are you looking for? I wrote in my update that it worked just fine and it was a good maze. You live in Saugus how about just driving 5 minutes to the park and going through it yourself?

--Robb

Just a review of how it compares to the other mazes, length, details, all that good stuff, and I Am trying to get to the park, but right now its not fitting into my schedule. I do have all the other major california events planned, including doing Universal Studios next weekend.

Thats actually a lot cheaper than Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I think its ten for a wristband, for two mazes. At least it was last year. They don't even have a free wristband for season pass holders this year.

SFMM's looks freaking sweet! I wish I could go down there this year...

I know what you mean. I'm not sure why SFDK does that. I'm still going to pay it even though it's only for two mazes. The Magic Mountain fright fest looks well worth the price! What really makes fright fest good in my opinion is the scare zones anyway. Yes all the theming and goodies are in the mazes but I'm really into all the fog and slider guys.

Tim Burkhart had to keep you in Fright Fest somehow...I miss WCB.

---Brent

Sorry, Tim has nothing to do with the creation of the Fright Fest storyline.

The credit goes to 2 Supervisors in the Entertainment Department.

---Brent

I think he's making a joke from when Tim called him "Johan" on the WCB tours!

--Robb

Man, how I wish I could experience all this! I visit America each year 1st week of May, but it is too expensive to go again this time of year. Here in South Africa we don't even celebrate Halloween so there is no fun during this time.

5 DOLLARS for multiple mazes at SFMM? At SFNE, we pay $5 for ONE entrance to ONE "haunted house" (known year-round as Houdini's)...and this does nothing to diminish lines! Lines for SRoS and Batman are around 1.5 hours....same with our "haunted attraction".

Count your blessings, left coasters.

---Brent

I think he's making a joke from when Tim called him "Johan" on the WCB tours!

--Robb

Ah ha, an inside joke. My mistake.

How much is actually new at Fright Fest?

Willoughbys and Brutal Planet have been around for ages, and even Jokesters and the Bog have been around for 3 years (I think) now...

So one new maze for $5? Again, that's not a big deal to me, and $5 for a maze is still a great deal considering all the other options (even the local professional haunts charge more)...but for a guest who has been coming for "free", I can see where there might be frustration over paying for essentially the same thing that has been free for ages. Magic didn't help themselves any by releasing that information so late either.

Willoughbys and Brutal Planet have been around for ages, and even Jokesters and the Bog have been around for 3 years (I think) now...

So one new maze for $5? Again, that's not a big deal to me, and $5 for a maze is still a great deal considering all the other options (even the local professional haunts charge more)...but for a guest who has been coming for "free", I can see where there might be frustration over paying for essentially the same thing that has been free for ages. Magic didn't help themselves any by releasing that information so late either.

I completely disagree.

I have been a guest who has been coming for years for "free" but never bothered with the mazes because I didn't want to stand in the long line.

This year the $5 wristband enabled me to do mazes I had never done before because it reduced the wait in line.

Brutal Planet and Warehouse 13 were both new to me and I hadn't been in Joksters or Willoughby's in about 8 years.

So it was well worth the $1 per maze to take a run through each one without having to wait in line.

I think it's fair to say that no matter what they decide to charge for, someone is going to complain. It really comes down to this - if you don't feel it's worth $15 for parking, $5 for a maze wristband, or $1 for a locker - DON'T GO.

And you probably shouldn't be going to sporting events, concerts, county fairs, movies, or any other theme park for that matter because you're going to get charged extra for stuff there too....

My recommendation to you if you want to save those extra bucks is STAY AT HOME! Don't go ANYWHERE! Don't get DirecTV. Don't get NetFlix. Don't spend ANY money on entertainment. Take up knitting and crochet. I hear that you can get yarn REALLY cheap at most discount stores.

--Robb "It's embarrassing that anyone on this forum would make a big deal over $5." Alvey

I completely disagree.

I have been a guest who has been coming for years for "free" but never bothered with the mazes because I didn't want to stand in the long line.

This year the $5 wristband enabled me to do mazes I had never done before because it reduced the wait in line.

Brutal Planet and Warehouse 13 were both new to me and I hadn't been in Joksters or Willoughby's in about 8 years.

So it was well worth the $1 per maze to take a run through each one without having to wait in line.

I think it's fair to say that no matter what they decide to charge for, someone is going to complain. It really comes down to this - if you don't feel it's worth $15 for parking, $5 for a maze wristband, or $1 for a locker - DON'T GO.

And you probably shouldn't be going to sporting events, concerts, county fairs, movies, or any other theme park for that matter because you're going to get charged extra for stuff there too....

My recommendation to you if you want to save those extra bucks is STAY AT HOME! Don't go ANYWHERE! Don't get DirecTV. Don't get NetFlix. Don't spend ANY money on entertainment. Take up knitting and crochet. I hear that you can get yarn REALLY cheap at most discount stores.

--Robb "It's embarrassing that anyone on this forum would make a big deal over $5." Alvey

I love it!!! totally agree and couldn't have said it better!!!!!

I agree with Robb that the $5 for the wristband just isn't that big of deal. The same goes with the whole locker problem, whenever I go to a park and have a bunch of stuff I shell out the money in the morning and get a locker for the day, which is a non-issue and saves me that all important $1. Parking I do have problems with, however I'm not willing to blame Six Flags for that one. For some reason most venues have learned that they can charge huge amounts (some lots at Staples Center are $40 this year, makes $15 seem like a lot less) for parking and people will pay. I hate it, but it is something that we all just need to deal with.

I said before that I wouldn't pay $5 for the mazes because I don't much care and would be generally happier with my $5. If however I really liked going through mazes and such, I wouldn't hesitate for an instant to shell out the $5.

In other questions which rides are in "the dark" this year? If X is one of the rides that is running without any lights (and I wouldn't be surprised seeing how for many years they would run Viper without lights) do they still use the fire effect? I could see going from darkness to fire effect being unpleasantly blinding. Then again I've not been on X2 yet so I've really got no idea on how good/bad the effect has been implemented.

I didn't know Kristen has an older sister?

She looks almost half a year older on those pics than last time I saw her

on the ECT. What do you feed her?

Back on-topic. Halloween is slowly getting bigger and bigger in europe. Walibi World has several mazes, Toverland had it's first halloween maze last year.

I think the 5 bucks is a steal.....whats the big deal? Think how lucky all of you have it anyway.....you pay the regualr park admission(excluding passholders) plus 5 bucks for the mazes....depending on the park your at, you get up to 15 coasters, all the flat rides, and 3-5 haunted houses.....here in Vegas, we pay up to 40 bucks admission to the adventuredome, get the same boring ass houses year after year(wait, I think this year we are getting a new house) and 1 mediocre arrow looper, and a few other run of the mill flat rides......hmmmmm, I would rather be in your positions than in ours.