TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If running 3 trains is an issue, I'm sure we could run only 2, for the sake of consistency.

-Jahan

Actually, now is probably a good time to do that. So that when the next peak season comes around, a train isn't due for rehab from being cycled too much during the off-peak times...

Or they could do a rehab now so the 3rd train is ready for the next peak season.

At a private party on Friday night, X2 was operational and cycling 2 trains for guests.

you were at the private party?what ride were you operating at?I noticed X2 only had train operating.It took a while for me to get to the loading station,maybe it was the time i went to the ride,it was like 10:00 when i went.I did not even get on because it was so late and it took forever for me to get to the station,and my feet were hurting from Riddler,Batman and Scream.

Disney had minor injuries that instigated legal action. While the fix for the problem would have been very easy, Disney had to make sure all the brakes worked properly and had to re-calibrate the ride. There was a lot involved in that downtime.

Anyways, I was at the park this weekend and enjoyed my ride on X. Though the park was quite unpleasant due to the heat, so once we got all the coasters done we left. Took us a good 3 hours to do so.

I'm still skeptical that this even went down and if it did that there were people involved. Not to make society look bad but I find it hard to believe that if there were two trains full of people and they collided at least one person would have gone forward with some amount of legal action. Not only that but there would have been media coverage, and all those fun reports about how roller coasters are dangerous and kill kittens.

So basically I'm looking at it from a simple "if, then" prospective. If there was an accident then there would be media coverage and lawsuits and all of the other things we could expect. However because those do not exist I cannot conclude that there was an accident. There simply isn't the evidence to support it, while there might be a video, that video only shows people mulling around and being annoying, something that does not require an accident for people to do. So as for now I do not believe that there was any such accident, and if there was it was so minor that it was not even worth mention.

Could I be wrong? Yes, and if that is the case I'll accept that I was wrong when I see the evidence.

So basically I'm looking at it from a simple "if, then" prospective. If there was an accident then there would be media coverage and lawsuits and all of the other things we could expect.

Not necessarily, you would be surprised at the amount of accidents that don't get media attention. Yes, all it takes is one jerk and the situation is blown out of proportion but if the park's guest relations does a damn good job then you normally won't hear about it. Also, if they don't have to call emergency medical crews to the scene then there is less attention drawn to an accident. DOSH or OSHA forms and reports are a must I assume, but they don't need to be public.

I don't know if it happened or not, but if it did then the SFMM management did a great job recovering. That's a great step in the right direction.

^I will grant you that the park might just being a wonderful job at covering this up, but I would have still expected it to leak out. However I think that most of us can at least agree at this point that if anything did happen, the impact was not at the rumored 40 miles per hour. If anything did happen I would really be surprised to learn it was anything more then a very slight bump at a moment when nobody was loading or unloading from the coaster.

The park only has to report it to the state if their were injuries beyond "reasonable first aid." Without the need to call paramedics, it's probably very easy to cover it up. The park has to know the media isn't going to run with the story without photographic, video, or tons of witness accounts as the proof.

Bit late for an update as I visited SFMM on vacation on Wed 27th Aug but here goes anyway.

First thing was it was really quiet. Pretty much walked onto everything all day. Despite the lack of lines they ran two trains on most rides.Only downside to that was my second flashpass wasn't needed.

Ran to be first on X2 at the front. Loved it as much as I did the original. Still a 10/10 for me. Fire was on but didn't see the fog.

After my early morning run and once the heat and jetlag kicked in I felt a bit sick after being on 6 of the rides. Had a rest and was ok in the afternoon and went round everything again enjoying it so much more. Got on the front and back of most rides in the course of the day. Goliath, Riddlers and B:TR are so much better at the front.

As for Tatsu - my new joint favourite with X2. The Pretzel Loop is breathtaking. Why do so many people want to spit when they are on it though?

Got on it 3 times including the front. My body wasn't taking as many G's as it can or it would have been more.

Generally the staff were good (better than the bad press they get on here).

Only downside was Deja Vu being down all day with no obvious attempts to fix it. Had been looking forward to it.

X2 went down late on the day but after a patient wait I got 2 more rides on it after its supposed closing time.

All in all I had a great time. Hardly any waits, I got on most rides twice and even got on all the water rides etc as well. SHame it will be a while before I make it back.

I took a quick run out to SFMM yesterday (September 13). All I rode was:

Revolution (red, white, and blue train, front seat---two train wait).

Viper (orange stripe train, fourth row---three-train wait).

Ninja (second row---two-train wait).

Gold Rusher (second seat from the back---two-train wait).

Riddler's Revenge (second row, got on through the single rider line, five-minute wait).

Everything was OK, park wasn't that crowded. X2 was operating, though I don't know how many trains were running because I didn't even go up there.

Eric

I took a quick run out to SFMM yesterday (September 13). All I rode was:

Revolution (red, white, and blue train, front seat---two train wait).

Viper (orange stripe train, fourth row---three-train wait).

Ninja (second row---two-train wait).

Gold Rusher (second seat from the back---two-train wait).

Riddler's Revenge (second row, got on through the single rider line, five-minute wait).

Everything was OK, park wasn't that crowded. X2 was operating, though I don't know how many trains were running because I didn't even go up there.

Eric

Sweet, I was also there yesterday,

I had to wait 2 hours for X2 running 2 trains and 20 for Batman, the Skytower closed early due to high winds I was lucky I got to see it because we where going to do Ninja first but decided not to because it was hot and they closed it after we got up there. It annoyed me that the employees didn't know anything about anything its like where they stick the new employees. One of them told me that a picture of Psyclone was from the year SFMM opened and it was taken out like 5 years ago... He also told me the Scream! chair upthere was from the original X... I couldn't believe him.

Goliath had a 3 car wait as did scream! Tatsu broke down 3-4 times during the day... Deja Vu ran part of the day also...

I was at SFMM yesterday with a friend. We were at the gate by 9:45a, they opened them up about 5 minutes early. Noticed the Armitron now has a new favorite temperature...71 degrees.

After a little hassle getting a locker (only the credit card reader was working but no sign to indicate it), we started with X2. Waited about 45 min. They werent assigning rows as I've seen before, but simply letting in two train loads at a time.

Next up was Tatsu (15 min), Goldrusher (walk), and Riddler (walk). After a snack at the Waterfront, we hit up Batman (20 min on the stairs as they added a second train), Scream twice (walk), Colossus (walk) and Goliath (walk). We were taking our sweet time too!

Later on we made our way back up the hill by riding Revolution (walk) and Ninja (walk). Superman had a line that extended to just inside the entrance, but it was hot and the line was nice and cold, so we decided to just hang out in there and wait for the ride. Unfortunately, the last little anteroom was not as well air conditioned. We waited a total of 30 minutes.

Made it back down sucide hill and hit Goldrusher again (walk), Scrambler which takes forever to stop (walk) and Riddler (one train wait). Wanted to ride Atom Smasher, but it was down which was fine. My main gripe was how the operators handled it...kinda gave us attitude. Also had a similar complaint about the churro cart near the entrance to Gotham as well.

So on to Gearworks and the pursuit of an open churro cart (or one that had them). Found one near Valencia Falls, but I didnt care for it, perhaps it wasnt fresh, but in any case, she offered to make me a new one or give me my money back. My friend still bought one, I took the money and we went to the Cyber Cafe for mini donuts.

Last rides were on Viper (walk) and X2 again (15 min). In fact I have never seen an X2 line that short. It was only in that last straightaway before the split. Noticed that the remaining X train is now sitting in the dirt below Viper.

What was weird was that there were a lot of cars in the lot, but none of the lines were particularly bad. Only closed rides we saw were Jet Stream and Deja Vu (which might have opened later, but we didnt walk back by there).

For the most part the operations were good, so perhaps that helped. All rides had two trains (except Superman of course). Tatsu was running single station. Stacking on rides, if occuring, was usually guest related. So all and all a good day.

Yes, Log Jammer will still be open during the day and during the actual Fright Fest event.

Wether you can see it or not, everything has started to materialize for Fright Fest.

The official title of the new walk-through maze is "Warehouse 13".

The official title of the new walk-around area is "Toxic Hollow".

Remember that these new offerings will be tied into the new event-wide storyline, focusing around the Willoughby Family.

See you at Fright Fest!