TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Not to burst any bubbles or anything, but the 2009 coaster has already been promoted as a "family-type" ride, so I wouldn't go expecting a "hyper-anything."

Eric

True Eric, but nothing has been confirmed 100% so i think all speculation is fair at this point, and who knows they may suprise all of us with something that no one has even imagined. But I do agree with you that it will most likely be a family type of ride.

Hey everyone! I've been browsing these forums for a while and find them very helpful and informative! I would like to ask you guys what the crowds at SFMM will be like on Saturday, April 12th. I'm going to be visiting for my first time and would really appreciate any help. I'll only be there for that day from opening to about 8-9pm, do you think I'll be able to ride all the major coasters? Thanks for any help!

^GO ANY OTHER DAY POSSIBLE!!!

That is Hallelujah Jubilee. Avoid at all costs. Very crowded, very rowdy, not a good day to visit, especially for a first time!

Is it anywhere near as bad as Disneyland during the week of Christmas? It was pretty crowded when I went last year. Well I guess I'll have to talk to everyone else in my group then, to see if we can go on the 19th instead. Thanks for warning me!

Sorry it took me so long this is my TR from saturday the 29TH.

their wasn't many bad things to show, so their is just some shots of coasters and some other cool stuff. Since this is my first TR if their is anything out of place i'm sorry, also if you guys have any sigestions on how to make my next one better i would appreciate it.

Here i am at everyones favorite mountain.

My day started off at the back of the park at my favorite vakoma ride Deja Vu.

Love that vekoma steel !!!!!

Next up Riddlers Revenge, with MR. Green Line

Hey come back i forgot my hat. O well i guess i have to get another one.

Next up Batman and the neck snapping corkscrew. Well not neck snapping but it made mine hurt

As i was walking to Scream, I stopped and took some pictures of Superman. O look at it go.

O their goes. Wait WTF is that the other half operating?

Well their was no one on it but WOW!!!!

Here i go getting on probaly the most reliable ride in the park.

I couldn't help my self i had to get a picture of the chain lift.

finally i stopped to take a break, and thought that i would try out the new johnny rockets fries and shake place, but they were closed.

Hey wait a minute no their not. they just forgot to take the sign down now i feel dumb

Next up Goliath and that famous "Helix of Death."

Had to pay tribute to one of my favorite drop rides"Freefall."

the last picture i have from my day is of that preztal loop i so love. Tatsu broke down for an hour because the ride keep miss shooting the station and the seats wouldn't come down.(Said a ride op) then later shutdown for the same reason. Glad i got to ride it before.

My phone died before i was able to get pictures of the rest of the rides and interesting thing going on at the park. Hope you guys like my post, and with your help it will be better next time i go. Everything was going well viper ran tree trains witch was a nice change of pace.

PS. sorry about the quality of the pictures My camera broke so i had to use my phone.

PSS. I forgot to add that the right side of superman was running at full speed.

Nice TR! It looks like it wasn't that crowded.

I also have another question, what time is the concert scheduled for on the 12th, and while the people are at the concert, do you think I'll be able to get a good amount of coaster riding in?

^GO ANY OTHER DAY POSSIBLE!!!

That is Hallelujah Jubilee. Avoid at all costs. Very crowded, very rowdy, not a good day to visit, especially for a first time!

Is it anywhere near as bad as Disneyland during the week of Christmas? It was pretty crowded when I went last year. Well I guess I'll have to talk to everyone else in my group then, to see if we can go on the 19th instead. Thanks for warning me!

Disneyland is pretty packed almost everyday of the week, but when I go I rarely consider a park of its size "crowded". Even so, all of its rides are worth the wait.

I can't go on a Sunday because I have school the next day, and I live about and hour and a half away from the park. I do plan on arriving at the park BEFORE opening. I also checked and the concert, from what it says on the official site, is free, but the event on the 19th isn't. So I'm thinking the 19th might be less crowded. What do you guys think?

It seems like Tatsu has been miss shooting the station a lot lately. When I was there, they had to shut down the ride because of a miss shoot about three or four times. I wonder if anything is wrong with it.

I believe this has been the cause of most of Tatsu's downtime from day 1. Over/Undershoots are inconsistent so they're hard to fix, and Tatsu's trains have a lot going on with them. It's not really anything you can fix, I mean, unless you wanna replace an already working sensor with a brand new one.