TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's a bit far fetched to think the ride will be open for us next weekend (less than a week away). I was thinking the same thing for the weeks leading up to the testing too, and yes I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think the park would give us the opportunity to get on a ride that isn't opening for another 3 months.

A bit off topic, but some parks seem to be doing stuff just like that!

You can always be hopeful!

Thorpe Park Special Opening

By the way, I don't know if you have the same thing there in the states, but in the UK it is tradition that on the 29th of February, women can ask men to marry them.

^Because they're bad ass, duh!

And if anyone likes them it should be you, you're the one with freakin' dinosaurs as his avatar...

Its roller coaster theming and its Six Flags; c'mon, you really can't expect much more than that.

X2 looks great so far. I must say I am really impressed with what is going on with X2.

I just have a question, does anybody know if X2 has to go through a certain amount of testing like a new roller coaster because of the new station and trains?

X2 looks great so far. I must say I am really impressed with what is going on with X2.

I just have a question, does anybody know if X2 has to go through a certain amount of testing like a new roller coaster because of the new station and trains?

Of course. That's why they've started testing already, and the coaster itself isn't supposed to be open for another 3 months.

Really impressed with the progress on X2. I was very skeptical at first as I thought there was going to be too much red in the area (and actually liked the old pink and yellow color scheme). The trains also looked pretty bad to me when I first saw them, and didn't think this would make too much of a difference. But after seeing it now and imagining what it will look like with the tunnels, I think it really looks GREAT and will add a lot to the ride.

Can someone clarify for me what exactly they plan on doing with the station?

If X2 ends up being as smooth and an improvement over the original X as planned, maybe the name of "X2-C" might be considered. (HINT: Say that fast.)

Eric

I get it.....actually, with all of the time and care they have put into this, I don't doubt that it will be vastly improved. Here's hoping one of those behind the scenes tours this weekend will be a peek at the new trains and what they have been doing up in the station house.

Another thing I have been wondering about.....if they were to revamp it yet again after this somewhere down the road, would they name it "XXX"?

Hey all im new here to the forums...i love the site its new to me too. Well on to the X2 update I have...at about 10:30 am on march 6th they ran the very first test run of X2 with the new trains! They made probably 30 runs with it thru the course of the day. As far as being smooth the old trains rotations seemed to be smoother and more defined than the new trains...they were very jerky, especially on the first drop. The overall speed of the train seemed a lil slugish too but still made the entire course with ease, and boy let me tell you the new trains look and sound extremly sexy!! As far as the jerkyness of the rotations i would imagine that there is some type of adjustment to iron out the smoothness of them but im not sure. I wish I had pictures but when i went to work with my camera today (the 7th) they were not running it. sorry if this isnt news to you guys but i hadnt seen anything on it so i thought id say sumthin;)

My mistake guys...i just saw the night pictures of the trains testing...i just hadnt been online cause ive been working alot of hours and was not aware. I have been working right next to the park for the last couple of weeks and this was the first time id seen the new train run...whats weird to me is a few days bfore the new train ran on the 6th they had the old trains makin test runs also...and they had been doin work to the lift all week and i figured that they were using the old trains to test repairs they had made to the lift (they were workin in the area where the chain sproket is at the top of the lift) because the new trains were not ready or sumthin. Thats what I get for assuming i guess! lol

Why the hell is there a volcano?

I might be wrong, but the volcano can be part of the theming the could put on a tunnel, at the bottom of the first drop. I might be wrong, but, this could be the only logical reason why the putted a volcano...

Jpdupuis

Oooooooo. Ahhhhhhhhh.

I've got to say, X2 is looking pretty beastly! I thought the the trains would look ugly on the track, but when I saw these pics I was amazed how well they look together. I can't wait until it opens.

^ that very well may be the case...it could also be from the seats being empty and all the reduced weight from the redesign, but im sure the kinks will be worked out before its opened to the public. Oh and as far as the tunnels go there has been no construction going on anywhere that i could see...and thats as of yesterday (friday the 7th)