TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm sad to hear the Sierra Twist is one its way out, always like the ride though it never really did much.

I'm curious to see what they do with the land that Freefall was one. One can dream that a 120,000 foot tall S&S tower ride is going to be placed there, but my guess is that an even more exciting ride is going to go there... Ready? I predict that the land where Freefall stood will remain empty. Seriously short of Bench: The Ride being placed in the spot, there really isn't that much room to put anything. Freefall fit well because Riddlers was designed around it. I tend to think that the land the ride is one is going to remain empty.

I'm curious however to see what goes where Circus Wheel stood, there is a lot of open land there, and I think that would be a good place for a future major expansion.

Finally as far as Spinout goes, when I was running my website years ago the most common rumor was the Spinout was coming out. I had it confirmed several times from otherwise great sources that the ride was coming out. I won't believe it until the ride is a pile of wood on the ground.

A lot of closed rides. Although, to be fair…. Sky Tower, yeah that one is a bummer; Free Fall…heh, yeah, it’s ‘closed today’ ; Tidal Wave was actually OPEN; Ninja…stupid weather, Metro…well…that hasn’t been opened in years, Goliath JR is closed because of Thomas Town, Déjà vu is down for it’s annual rehab, and X2 is closed because it’s undergoing an Ex change operation.

I love that the sign still says Time Warner.

It always really bums me out to see a park get rid of so many rides in such a short span, especially 4 flats in a park that's already skimpy on flats to begin with...how many do they even have left now?

In the long run though, I guess this kind of thing was really necessary to turn the park around. I just hope they don't let all the space they're opening up go to waste. The mention of putting a Big Spin in makes me cringe actually...not that the park couldn't use a spinner, but they really need some new flats a lot worse.

A lot of closed rides. Although, to be fair…. Sky Tower, yeah that one is a bummer; Free Fall…heh, yeah, it’s ‘closed today’ ; Tidal Wave was actually OPEN; Ninja…stupid weather, Metro…well…that hasn’t been opened in years, Goliath JR is closed because of Thomas Town, Déjà vu is down for it’s annual rehab, and X2 is closed because it’s undergoing an Ex change operation.

Funny -- they forgot to list Flashback.

^ I believe the logic in asking that was because Freefall is listed, and Freefall has about as good of a chance as Flashback does about opening anytime soon.

Maybe, but then when the photo was taken you could still see freefall standing in the park, and wouldn't know the bottom part had been eaten by an evil machine. Plus it hasn't been shut for ages.

That logic makes sense. I believe Circus Wheel was actually on the list last week, but now it's gone because...well, it's gone!

I don't expect anything to be left of Freefall by next weekend, so maybe we will see it removed from this list also.

--Robb

At least sfmm had the carousel open over the weekend...

Took our 2 -3 yr old for birthday trip from Sat thru Tue to DL with a brief stopover to sfmm to pick up season passes, and 2 spins on the (pathetic) carousel - on the way to the high-and-mighty Disneyland only to find that the primary carousel (King Arthur's) was closed for business throughout our visit (not to mention Small World - which we already knew about.) The only consolation was the 'fish-go-round' at CA Advntr.

mod edit: removed the off-topic stuff. Please post that as its own topic.-Joey

Are we talking about the same carousel here? The one by the funicular train entrance? It has graffiti scratched on the horses, and NO MUSIC! The center pillar is made of primer painted wood paneling.

I thought they had a better one than that. Maybe they moved it or something... Or I just didn't go deep enough - I was parked in the 15 minute zone...

enter park, turn right so you're facing the Revolution's loop, Funicular was the original name of the inclined railway to the left of the loop. I think it's called Orient Express or something now (which was originally the name of a deceased chain driven people-mover sort of ride up and down the back of the mtn). Anyway, I had just driven a long time and needed to leave in a hurry. It may be that the big carousel was closed and they had a small junky one running nearby or something. I guess I really wasn't paying that much attention - just enough to notice the lack of music, the graffiti, and the drab central pillar.

pic.jpg.46ae495ea9c4e0888ad79729a6972386.jpg

old aerial of SFMM entry area