TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Any guests who went to Guest Relations on Sunday DID receive complementary tickets for a return visit if they asked for one.

Since so many of the rides were closed, a large number of guests started waiting for the mazes to open around 4:00 Normally on a Sunday the guests don't line up for mazes until around 5:10.

Any guests who went to Guest Relations on Sunday DID receive complementary tickets for a return visit if they asked for one.

I'm really glad the park was offering compensation. Even if its not the park's fault, it's still their responability to cater to their guests, and to make sure that they leave happy.

^ Nope.

No different than us not getting compensation for the miserable first 8 hours at Cedar Point where nothing was open because of rain. Wildfire, like rain, is an act of nature out of the parks control.

-Jahan

Wrong.

Oh, and thanks for confirming that wildfire is an act of nature out of the parks control. From the posts on this site, it sounded like people were confused about that...

Some of those photos with the fire in the background are AMAZING. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be out there with those bad air conditions. I could barely stand the air conditions out here in the OC!

^Maybe you should read, understand and think about my post, before you leave your two cents.

Jahan was so quick to say people weren't given comps for their park tickets, when clearly he had no clue what he was talking about.

^So...whats the problem with my post?

Sometime 2 years ago the power went out in the area around SFMM and while basic lighting and operation power were restored, phase 2 and 3 power (for small and large rides presumably) remained out. As the people moved to the exit, employees handed out freebie tickets without being asked.

Jahan was so quick to say people weren't given comps for their park tickets, when clearly he had no clue what he was talking about.

Just because I ended up being wrong doesn't mean I didn't know what I was talking about. I happened to be in the park on Sunday, speaking with guests and Magic staff alike. To the best of my understanding, comp tickets weren't issued. Aparently to some, they were.

I was wrong. No need for disrespect.

-Jahan

I was wrong. No need for disrespect.

Couldn't agree more.

And this shows that even though MM was doing something nice by handing out comp tickets, they didn't communicate to the staff that they were going to hand out comp tickets.

However the automatic response is: If you visit guest relations, they will be able to assist you with your concern.

And this shows that even though MM was doing something nice by handing out comp tickets, they didn't communicate to the staff that they were going to hand out comp tickets.

It wouldn't matter if they did. If you're familiar with MM employees (and you very well, unfortunately, may be) they'd be too braindead to be telling guests anyway...

Communication between "MM staff" and the bums you see walking around in blue shirts and khakis is almost non existent.

Sorry Jahan. That was uncalled for. You just act so professional and i'm just, oh i dunno, so jealous of you, your hilarious avatar, and your popularity!

Are there problems with SFMM employees? Of course. But tell Guest Relations to call around and have their leads and supervisors inform their workers that comp. tickets are being given out. I think that is doable, in fact it was done during a very rainy day a month ago. I received a phone call and then guess what, I told my crew and they knew.

PURE, its not that I don't see your point. I think there does need to be better communication throughout the park as a whole. But I'm just going to give you some advice, if you want people to take your view seriously, please don't result to name calling.

_six

It wouldn't matter if they did. If you're familiar with MM employees (and you very well, unfortunately, may be) they'd be too braindead to be telling guests anyway...

Communication between "MM staff" and the bums you see walking around in blue shirts and khakis is almost non existent.

Sorry Jahan. That was uncalled for. You just act so professional and i'm just, oh i dunno, so jealous of you, your hilarious avatar, and your popularity!

I'm sorry man, I just cant relate. Sure, Ive only been to MM once,... tomorrow will be my second time...but I haven't witnessed any rude staff, just the opposite. Even the guy sweeping the park, who barley spoke English, tried his hardest to direct me through the park to my destination. After reading everyones plight on this message board about the poor state of MM, really makes me wonder how bad it used to be....

^To be honest, SFMM is a really hit or miss park. You can have a really great time there, where the staff is, for some strange reason, much nicer than normal. You can have a normal day, where the staff is either nice, rude, or indifferent (at the same time). Or you can have a crap day, where it's like a normal day but really crowded.

Are there problems with SFMM employees? Of course. But tell Guest Relations to call around and have their leads and supervisors inform their workers that comp. tickets are being given out. I think that is doable, in fact it was done during a very rainy day a month ago. I received a phone call and then guess what, I told my crew and they knew.

PURE, its not that I don't see your point. I think there does need to be better communication throughout the park as a whole. But I'm just going to give you some advice, if you want people to take your view seriously, please don't result to name calling.

_six

Yes, you're a responsible employee- there are some of you around the park-and thank God! Trust me, you're appreciated! But I've worked there, I know how things go. The number of kids who don't care far surpasses employees like you. Even new kids who had no clue what the job had in store for them shortly turn into these "bad" employees in not even a month. I've seen it happen.

I haven't called anyone any names. Its something I don't do, its immature, uncalled for and unnecessary. So I don't know why people shouldn't take my views seriously.

That's such a chame. I really think amusemet parks should offer compensation for things like monsoons ore wildfires. I'd be so pissed at SF if I was there on sunday.

With that thought process, you probably think airlines should give you compensation for weather delays as well.

First things first, it's not like the entire country didn't know about the wildfires, most intelligent people, probably would of stayed home, or called ahead to see what the status of the park was. It's like going to a park in the pouring rain from the time you leave your house, then expecting them to comp you tickets. Moronicy running amock.

Parks don't have to give guests anything for when the park closes due to weather,etc. All tickets will have some sort of diclamer to that fact.

However in certain cases they will comp you even though they don't techically have to. It's just good marketing in certain cases.

I haven't called anyone any names. Its something I don't do, its immature, uncalled for and unnecessary. So I don't know why people shouldn't take my views seriously.

I can think of a couple of reason why people don't take you seriously.

You come into this thread acting like because you were once an employee of MM, that you know everything. It would help if you don't act like a know it all because you don't.

Second, your attitude. The way you respond to people who disagree with your opinion. You need to tone it down. Try being helpful and not "I'm right and your wrong"

Just a few tips to help you get along with others.

Id also like to add that when you post:

...Followed by:

That you either fail miserably at sarcasm, or just posted something as "immature, uncalled for and unnecessary" as namecalling could ever be.

I'd say that you should consider that, along with what Bob said, if you don't wish to wear out your welcome here like you have at other sites.

And now back to the regularly scheduled topic?

It would help if you don't act like a know it all because you don't.

Second, your attitude. The way you respond to people who disagree with your opinion. You need to tone it down. Try being helpful and not "I'm right and your wrong"

But see that's where you wrong. I do know it all.

Look, I'm sorry if it sounds like I know it all, but I know I don't. If people don't want their opinions criticized, maybe they shouldn't publicly post them? I don't have problems with people criticizing mine. But honestly, I think some of you take my disagreements/posts/how I go about stating my opinion way too personally. Like I'm taking personal shots or something. All I'm doing is telling it likes I sees it. And I don't know why people have a problem with that. Why I'm singled out, I'll never know.

Maybe I say things that are true and people don't wanna hear? I don't know. Trust me people, I'm just as clueless as all of you!

^That wasn't sarcasm. *shrug*

^^Is less then a month ago close enough for ya? And I'll tell you, you don't HAVE to be an employee to figure out how the place works...

-Back on topic, I don't think any park should think they're required to hand out comp tickets. It's their choice, and simply, as others have already stated, its a business decision.

UPDATE: in the spring of 2008 X: Xperience the Xtreme will become X2: Xtreme to the 2nd Power

Here are 3 links to confirm the news:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=942

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/X2.aspx

I think this sounds awesome! Although $10 million sounds a bit much for some updates.

My guess is Flashback will go down sometime in November or December. I hope.

As for Goliath Jr. or Deja Vu, they'd probably take either of those down the same time as Flashback. I really can't believe it's been a good 4 years since Flashback has operated and yet it's still standing there. What a joke.