TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

--Speaking of Deja Vu--

When I rode it, I was really dissapointed that the cars were in a 'V' shape. We had to sit on the outside seats so I wasn't with my dad. Another thing, when you're on the inside seats, you're really close to the car in front of you.

When we were first going up the back spike, I was very scared. It felt weird looking vertical going up. Then the drop came. Wow. But remember. This ride has Vekoma-ness. It wasn't brutal, but it wasn't smooth. We got off the ride thinking, "Eh, nothing special". We may have done it again if there wasn't a line, but that's only to see if we can sit in the inside seats.

I was there yesterday, got on everything except Viper (didn't feel like getting beat to bits). It wasn't crowded at all, Tatsu's crew was actually running decently for once, making the line about 30-45 minutes all day. Sandblasters is actually a really awesome bumper car ride, but those cars are so worn down and crappy, it turned me off. Took a ride on Revy with Mike (those glasses make you look gansta Mike). Overall, it was a great day.

---Brent

^Viper was actually really great when I went. This was my first Arrow mega-looper, and I figured, nothing can be rougher than X, so lets give this a try. Well, the station was empty (literally, we were the ONLY ones riding for like 8 times!) so we got in the front. It was VERY smooth! I loved it! It was a very enjoyable ride. The back seat, not so much. That was a little too rough for my taste. Still not as rough as X.

Add another vote of confidence towards Viper. I love that ride. One of my favorites at the park. It's got this raw intensity you really can't experience on any of the newer coasters nowadays. It's definitely not rough on my ears and head now that I'm taller (though it used to give me a big headache when I was shorter in height). I can see how some shorter riders complain that it's painful.

I ride Viper in 1995 1997 2000 2005 2007 and it still feels the same to me and as far as X is concerned that is the only coaster that I have ridden in 5 yrs that had my legs weak when I got off. How does a steel coaster get rougher? I think that most people get tired of a coaster when they have ridden it over and over and subconciously they try to find something wrong with it. The Texas Giant at SFOT wqas rough when i first rode in in the early 90's and it is just a rough today at it still remains one of my favorite woodies. It was my favorite until I rode El toro.

I can honestly say that right now, X is THE roughest coaster in the park...more so than Psyclone and Colossus combined. Half of the ride is just pain! It's literally like riding a wild broken mechanical bull on the most difficult setting, all while being restrained and forced to endure the pain. I try to look at it as positive as possible, but I'm not gonna lie, it hurts!

I've found that Viper does't have specific good or bad days. I believe that it's a LOT smoother when A: The trian isn't full, or the more logical, B: when the trims aren't on. The trims before the corkscrews are bull and ughh.

They ran both sides in one day of superman? Weird. One of the times I went last year, I saw them both sides launched, but they only ran one side. I guess they just test both sides daily (if nothing is wrong with one side). But I'd love to see a budget come in for Superman to get both sides running again. I think SFMM just basicallyneeds their own electricity source

By the way, has ANYBODY, been to the mountain recently? Anything new? Since the summer season is carefully ending, we can prepare ourselves for quite a few things, those things including, 1. Goodbye Flashback, 2. Superman: The Paint Job, and 3. X's new trains.

--I know I'm gonna get bashed for this--

When I was at SFMM, I thought RR was VERY overrated. We got off of it thinking "eh, whatever." It's not that we didn't like it cause it wasn't "man-friendly", but the ride itself was just OK. Nothing special. Next was B:TR and OMG that thing was intense! It's in my top 10 (which doesn't mean much cause I've only been on 40 coasters).

Why do you think you're going to get bashed for typing how you feel about the ride? Whatever you think about it is your own, and nobody can argue it. Some will love a particular roller coaster, but there are also others that might dislike it. It's all down to personal taste.

^^Oh you have no idea. X is very rough. I am not talking about being disoriented. I mean head banging. The restraint padding has gotten very hard. Sit on the outside then tell me its not rough, that is if you are still concious.

I did, I rode on both the inside and the outside and thought they were both very smooth.

I rode X for the first time since 2004 a couple of weeks ago, both times front row, 1 ride inside and 1 out & I have to say that it was much rougher than the previous times I rode it. That aside I still love the ride personally, it is just wild. X was only running one train due to maintenance being done on the other train it appears. The cycle times were slow, minimum 6 minutes but a lot of that seems to be inherent in the whole load/unload process.

It was good to finally get up the sky tower for the first time, only took 10 visits over many years. The right side of Superman was running (but not the left) which I believe is rare. Gotta love Deja Vu's single rider line.

SFMM seems to be improving but there's still plenty of work to do but it was the best visit in a long time.

The right side of Superman was running (but not the left) which I believe is rare. Gotta love Deja Vu's single rider line.

The right side was running again? Just a week ago the left side was running...

And I agree, the single rider line is awesome because you get to impress (and piss off) everyone in the regular line. They all think you're special or something. But of course we are because the general public seems to overlook the single rider line. (Which is conveniently unmarked for our increased pleasure)

Over the last two weeks I've seen the right side operate...probably at a 1:3 ratio. Not sure if they're having continous problems with it, or if they're just trying out a new system of alternation.

_six