TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

And that the first quarter profit is mostly from SFMM?

Where else was it supposed to come from? Six Flags Mexico?

First quarter results are by far the most meaningless for a theme park. A minor accomplishment? Sure. But it doesn't mean anything if you're not doing good in Q2 and Q3.

So we shall see...

Um... I'm well aware of what first quarter numbers mean. Not really the point I was making (why do people always quote things from posts out of their context?).

It was a sarcastic remark in response to the post before it suggesting that I hadn't heard or read anything about SFMM possibly closing. In any event, the park isn't closing(even though some really want it to), some positive changes are being made, larger improvements may take several years, but my last 2 visits have been a VAST improvement over the last 6 years.

Still, there's no question that there is a LONG way to go.

As shapiro once said Rome wasnt built in a day we really need to give six flags time to get the ball rolling with sfmm when it does you all will be surprised with the metro slated for a fall reopening mind you i have not a clue who they are going to contract to make the parts it needs to run. With the new x trains already on site but hidden from view are just the steps they should be taking to get this flagship park of the company back in the swing of things

has anyone seen the new X restraints? I'm asking because when I went to SFMM last year and I had no problem getting onto it but I was wondering if they looked like the ones on Eejanaika or if they're smaller than the last restraints.

Of course! We've all seen the new restraints...especially since the new trains haven't even been shown off yet...

Any restraints you used on X were the same ones always used on it. We have no clue if X's new restraints will be any different, but if they are basing it off of Eejanaika, then they may be. Major weight is being taken off the trains, so we'll see.

has anyone seen the new X restraints? I'm asking because when I went to SFMM last year and I had no problem getting onto it but I was wondering if they looked like the ones on Eejanaika or if they're smaller than the last restraints.

Of course! We've all seen the new restraints...especially since the new trains haven't even been shown off yet...

Where did you hear that the new X trains are already on site? That would be pretty fast to manufacture/test them if that is the case
I heard from a mechanic who btw im good friends with he told me s&s is fabing the parts for the new trains and shipping them in pieces to sfmm to be put together on site.

Boy, you guys are really jumping on me! I just prefer clean, friendly parks like BGE, Cedar Point, and Knotts over parks that just put in coasters that are barely taller and faster than other parks. I am sorry I caused such a stir. I just stated my preference. I don't mean any harm. I hope you guys can forgive me. Maybe I can save up some money and travel to the park again to see some of the changes you guys are talking about.

Anyone ever been to SFGAd? How do those 2 parks compare?

...What the ^(*&( happened to this thread?

The last time I was on X (a few weeks ago), while I was having my head bashed on the outside, I noticed a LOT of tarp-covered stuff in the bus pen.. ahem... "valet parking lot". Maybe those were part of the new trains?

just prefer clean, friendly parks like BGE, Cedar Point, and Knotts over parks that just put in coasters that are barely taller and faster than other parks

That's Cedar Point, not Sfmm! Anyhow, i never got the Magic Mountain is full of trash argument. I have been going there for almost 20 years now and really never seen it as dirty as some people describe it on here.

Boy, you guys are really jumping on me! I just prefer clean, friendly parks like BGE, Cedar Point, and Knotts over parks that just put in coasters that are barely taller and faster than other parks. I am sorry I caused such a stir. I just stated my preference. I don't mean any harm. I hope you guys can forgive me. Maybe I can save up some money and travel to the park again to see some of the changes you guys are talking about.

Anyone ever been to SFGAd? How do those 2 parks compare?

Now your just not making any sense all.

Parks that put in coasters that are barely taller? You could be talking about half the parks in the country. LOL

I'm starting to get the feeling that in your own nice little way, your trying to start up that tired old CP vs SFMM debate. It's lame, and no matter how you try and disguise it, it's still lame.

We get that you don't like SFMM, and most of us already know that many parks are better. You aren't telling us anything we don't already know

A couple questions about X:

If they put on the new trains fairly soon, how long would the ride be closed for? I'm gonna be out at SFMM July 18th and 19th.

How many trains has X been running this yr?

1) We don't even know if the new trains are HERE yet, and it's the beginning of June. I seriously doubt X will be closed when you visit.

2) The most trains I have seen X run this year is 2, although last time I rode they were only running 1 and the other two were nowhere to be found.

I am going to mm this sunday and am wondering if anyone knows if something is going to be closed and or whether i can find that out on the website?

currently, all the coasters are closed for major rehabs...

obv. i was totally joking. you're now entering the summer season or "on" season. Even Six Flags will try to have as many things operating as possible with as many trains as possible.

By the way...somebody PLEASE bring us a SFMM update...I've been dying to see one.

I am going to mm this sunday and am wondering if anyone knows if something is going to be closed and or whether i can find that out on the website?

Closed:

Flash Back

Metro

Laughing Dragon Pizza

Opens Late:

Super Man (correct me If I am wrong)

Sky Tower

Tidal Wave

Spin Out and most of the flat rides

Jet Stream