TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It would occur to me, now I am being logical (not something SF usually is), that if they knew the trains were too heavy, they upgrade the motor. I cannot believe that it would take that long. Then they would not have to worry about blown gears. But again, I am being logical.

Just got back from the park(thur) and X train is still at the same place on the lifthill. Deffinatly looks like to be something serious

Otherwise it was a great day at the park. Where are these new guestworkers coming from? They were great!

It was indeed a part of the lift mechanism which broke. Apparently the part in enroute at should be at the park with in the next few days. Not sure how quickly it can be up after the park arrives...

We shall see.

Hey guys. Just drove by SFMM today to check out any progress on the X-train. None whatsoever. Although I did see a mechanic looking at the components at the top of the lift--perhaps the breakdown was at the top this time? I don't know! Just throwing that out there in the realm of possibility.

Just because repetition is fun, I'll add two more pictures of what we've already seen!

-Jahan

p.s. Thanks for the info wrs!

IMG_7441.thumb.jpg.5f1cb8cd4147503c6bebc6185003af4e.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg.ab2238672eb936fe9a1dcf6fa344a0ee.jpg

Im probably gonna finally go again next weekend.

I just hope that X is fixed by then, and that all the rides are open (accept Flashback of course)

I would not get my hopes up i talked to a mechanic whos a friend Brian he says it looks like its another major lift part that failed and they have the part on the way god 30 tons on that lift every time thay cycle a train they need a more powerful motor

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been studying MM for over 7 years now, ans this is the first that I've heard about a hidden Teacups ride!!!

Is it the old Drunken Barrels ride? If so, then how long has it been sitting there before MM put the grille directly in front of it?!?!?

Could someone please explain this to me?

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been studying MM for over 7 years now, ans this is the first that I've heard about a hidden Teacups ride!!!

Is it the old Drunken Barrels ride? If so, then how long has it been sitting there before MM put the grille directly in front of it?!?!?

Could someone please explain this to me?

It was called crazy barrels. The only thing remaining in the turn table and the control panel. It is behind Carousel Grill in Center Ring Games.