TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

yeah i was there yesterday also and was suprised by a lot of the things you've already touched on like ninja and eruption.

You forgot to mention though that X was running phenomonal yesterday. The longest dispatch was under 4 mins. Most of the time, one train would be hitting the brakes and the other would be tilting the seats back ready to dispatch. Sometimes, the train would dispatch before the other train unloaded and when it did, it was advanced to loading almost imediatley.

Ninja + new paint job = VERY SEXAY!!! (sorry) I'm really happy to see that ride get the attention it needs and deserves. It's a very good family ride and the younger kids enjoy it alot (especially the ones who dont like loops and inversions)

One question, how where the lines on saturday, were they terrible or were they decent? Some friends of mine want to know for the 24th when were going there with my school. We want to hit up most of the major stuff (X, Tatsu, Goliath, Scream, Batman, Riddlers, and Deja Vu if its open when they say its supposed to be)

One question, how where the lines on Saturday, were they terrible or were they decent? Some friends of mine want to know for the 24th when were going there with my school. We want to hit up most of the major stuff (X, Tatsu, Goliath, Scream, Batman, Riddlers, and Deja Vu if its open when they say its supposed to be)

I was there yesterday (didn't see Jahan) but the lines were terrible. X's line was out to the front the first half of the day. It did get shorter, though. Tatsu, as you probably saw in Jahan's TR, had a line all day, and it got very long, too. Goliath's line was all the way out to the I every time I walked by. Scream actually had a line. I got to ride Batman at a good time, but it had decent lines the whole day.

Best of all, I finally got to ride Freefall. (The brakes on that ride are killer!)

But to sum it all up, the park was really crowded (for a March), and the lines were long. It wasn't the best Birthday I've had at the Mountain.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the light show thing on Colossus was actually working. It's the first time I have noticed it in a while. Or am I just not very observant?

^

X's line used only the old fastpass line. None of the switchbacks were used at all.

rode it 1st thing and waited 20 mins for front row. Went back and the line was nearly out the entrance and only waited 35-40 mins for the front again. If they were doing 5+ min dispatches, then it would've been 1+ hour. But the dispatches all day probably averages 3 to 3 1/2 mins.

Goliath's line was nearly out to the "I" when i got in line and waited about 45 mins.

Tatsu: got in line at 11:30 and although it was halfway down the hill, waited only an hour and 20 mins

Although many of the lines looked long, they really were not bad at ALL.

X's line used only the old fastpass line. None of the switchbacks were used at all.

I know that, but I was still shocked. I didn't know that the ops got their act together, though. 45 minutes, if I would have known that, I would have waited.

I've been in the station before and had to wait an hour-and-a-half.

Tatsu: got in line at 11:30 and although it was halfway down the hill, waited only an hour and 20 mins

Although many of the lines looked long, they really were not bad at ALL.

Really? That's amazing. The dispatches were going really slow!

I should mention that I'm basing my argument on the fact that I've been going to SFMM for my Birthday for the past 4-5 years. (Yes, I have no life ) Every time, except for this one, the park was empty. Even the couple of times the cheerleading thing was going on, it wasn't nearly as crowded.

Where exactly IS X's old flashpass lane?

Right next to the regular queue. The entry area to X splits into two paths, don't know how anybody could miss that.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the light show thing on Colossus was actually working. It's the first time I have noticed it in a while. Or am I just not very observant?

Not very observant. They were working last summer.

Where exactly IS X's old flashpass lane?

Right next to the regular queue. The entry area to X splits into two paths, don't know how anybody could miss that.

Not very observant. They were working last summer.

Oh, well I know that when I went on X last summer, the section of the line where it splits into two (where it either sends you to the right or left side of the coaster) is what i noticed...but i thought that was always like that. why did the flashpass people take the other side before?

Thanks for the update and lovely pictures Jahan, Ninja looks amazing with it's new coat of paint, your have to wear your sunglasses when you get near it cos of it's glare.

Most of the coasters in the UK need to have some TLC paint, Rust looking (as on Nemesis) is not an option when you can have a light blue or Gloss White.

Is "Viper" getting an update with Paint..?

Does the station get painted 1st followed by the lift-hill and the rest of the layout, supports last or 1st.

I hope they use something bigger than a "standard" size paint brush.

For your information, waterviper:

I wasn't writing a Haiku (note spelling)

Cos if I was, then I would have written something like this:

Psyclone is gone now,

The ride's too rough, air's too tough,

Blown away, like the wind!

Don't feel too bad though

We all love you

^ I think Waterviper was joking. No need to give him attitude. Hang around here longer and get to know people more before you start correcting their spelling, etc. Waterviper is probably one of our better posters. You? You've posted three times and I see attitude...not a good start!

--Robb

PS. Last line of your haiku is one syllable too many!

While enjoying my walk in the 90 degree heat today I walked past the entrance to Magic. Noticed something though, the decent looking sign out front is now gone. The one on the center divider on the road leading up the hill towards X. Constructions crews are starting to make some progress around the surrounding areas of the park. Progress of what? I have no idea!

_six

147525602_484150199_0.jpeg.70c7994196f5b9a307762bca3527f7f4.jpeg

Sorry for the crappy quality... but you can tell that its gone.

^ Basically, they're going to shift the intersection of Magic Mountain Parkway and the Old Road up just a tad.

For those unfamiliar, the intersection, which is immediately behind Mike in that picture, will be shifted to about where the first streetlight is in the picture. This most likely is to help ease the gridlock between the Old Road and the 5's ramps.

Dont know for sure. I think Newhall Land's development propositions are purposefully boring so you wont read through enough to protest it.

-Jahan

Has there been any update on the Riddlers station? I dont have the time to search through all 107 pages, but the updates are looking really good. I just hope Riddlers gets the same treatment, as the station was in such bad shape last time I visited, I wrote a complaint at Guest Services.

So what is Six Flags doing to help draw families back to Magic Mountain this season? Sure, they are re-painting rides and buildings that were neglected for years and needed some TLC. Psyclone is gone with Flashback soon to follow. However, I don't see these measures to be enough to excite anyone enough to visit. Granted, these improvements were something that needed to be done. But something needs to be done in conjunction with these developments, like adding new family attractions to the park. I am sure that family attractions are on the drawing board for the future. But why such a slow start? I would have thought that they had a plan in place for park improvement in the case that they decided to keep the park in the Six Flags chain, as they did.

^ I dont think that they "decided" to keep it in the chain so much as the park wouldn't sell! Now all of a sudden it's a new year, SFMM is still on their hands, and they have to do something with it! While they had some preliminary ideas in their head, nothing has really been developed.

I understand what you're saying. I even agree with it, to an extend.

But nearly everyone I talk to around here claims that they dont like taking their family to Six Flags simply because it's dirty! No lie! The employees are unprofessional, the midways are dirty, the maintenence is frown-worthy. It's not worth the 60 dollars!

I think this effort to "clean up the park" is a good FIRST step in sending the park in the right direction. If they stop here, then they are guarenteed failure. But if they pursue this, they have a chance to make something of this dump. Heh.

-Jahan

^ They knew the park wasn't going to sell. I mean, it is like me trying to sell a 1971 Ford Pinto with 700,000 miles. Like the car, I am sure they knew they couldn't even give that park away.

But yeah, they need to fix/clean up with park with out a doubt. However, cleaning up the park is not something you can exactly advertise. Could you imagine a slew of new commercials for Magic Mountain saying: "We cleaned up the park, please give us another chance!", "Magic Mountain, we dont smell like piss and vomit anymore!", "Here at Magic Mountain, we are firm on safety. The police sub-station just outside the front gate will insure that Little Susie won't get stabed by a mexican cutting in line"

Like you were saying, an effort on cleaning up the park will need to be taken every season. I remember the days when the park was clean. Knotts was the "dirty" park (at least as far as the bathroooms were conserned). It's a great park if you look past all the built up crud. Hopfully 2008 is "the" break out year for Magic Mtn.