TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

"Deja Vu is closed until March 24 for scheduled routine maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience." (trcg721)

See my trip report elsewhere in this forum. I rode it today. It is not closed.

Eric

Thats what it says on SFMM website and not me.

Deja Vu is closed until March 24 for scheduled routine maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is straight from SFMM site.

Son of a ...

Seriously why is Deja Vu always in rehab when I'm at the park??

Because Coasterfanatic as coming out to ride it, and as well all know he is a jinx when it comes to Deja Vu. Stupid SFMM!!

If I offended you, coasterkat, I apologize. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I wasn't referring to anyone with a chronic condition or injury, such as yourself. It's obvious that some people do need some assistance, like Orient Express in getting up the hill. It is steep.

The reason I wrote what I did is because most (note I said "most") of the ones who complain about climbing the hill are young kids who should be able to do that with no problem. All you have to do is look around and take note of the number of young kids whose waist size could be measured in feet. They do sit in front of a computer instead of going outside. I have a teenager, but she's "fit and trim" because I don't let her just sit around. She does get her computer time, but she also walks a mile and a half home from school every day and at least that when she goes to the mall or out with friends.

About diabetes, yeah, it's tough. I spent five days in the hospital back in December because of it. All last fall I was struggling to get around because my blood sugar was doing some crazy stuff. I'm doing much better now and just hiked that hill last Saturday (without a hitch).

Anyway, there ya go.

Eric

So, I dropped by the Mountain yesterday just to check out Psyclone.

There was no need to really take any pics of my visit because nothing has changed.

- Workers were at Psyclone still removing smaller components of the ride.

- Absolutely no work has been done to Flashback, it remains completely untouched.

- Operations were terrible. Rides closed (that I saw)

Log Jammer, Half of BBW , Spinout , 2/3 gotham city, Goldrusher, Jet Stream, Tidal Wave, Deja vu, Ninja, and Scream. Roaring Rapids has been closing at 4 PM daily, so I'm not sure if it was open or not earlier in the day seeing as how I didn't get there until 4:30ish.

I really am suprised that the park was open on Monday, considering the lack of staff they knew they would have.

-Deja vu has entered its period of rehab.

- Ninja is being painted, hard to get a good look at the entire ride but I'd say 1/5 of the ride has already been painted along with its supports.

_six

^ My first ride on Psyclone was about five months after it opened, and I remember getting off and thinking what a great ride it was. Airtime all over the place, it wasn't that rough, and the pacing was pretty good.

A far cry from how it was when it gave its last ride, huh?

Eric

I never rode it before 94, but I know that Robb always talks about how much better it was before the Earthquake as well. It was never as good as some of the other 'SF Cyclone's' (Viper, SFoG) but it sure was better than it was the last 12 years!

Psyclone was actually a really good ride before the earthquake. Yeah, it was never as good as some of the other clones, but it was still way better than it was the last couple of years. My last ride on it was in 2000, and that was brutal. I can't imagine how bad it got after that.

dt

Im sorry that I never got the chance to ride it before the quake. The last time I rode it was last August the front was horrible but you could tolerate the back car. I always laughed watching everyone get shaken about lol.

I just wonder, since Psyclone is closed, they should operate one side of Colossus backwards all the time and the other forwards. I think that would be awesome!