TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So since no announcement has been made, can we assume that SFMM is going to stay with Six Flags?

Six Flags still intends on an announcement regarding the 9 parks for sale. Be patient. Even if they decide to keep Magic Mountain, they would still make an announcement.

^^ WOW that kid is extremely stupid. It looked like he did it on purpose or is just retarded and didn't see the stairs.
How many "smart" kids do you know?

Well, there's me for starters. My dad and I were discussing how much money the future buyer would have to dump into it to make it great again. My dad says there is no chance that the park could be back at its former glory. I hope he's wrong.

---Brent

I'm just speculating here...since Jahan brought it to my attention that the park has recently cleared out the "graveyard/boneyard" behind Psyclone...

...could there be a slight chance that Magic Mountain may soon be home to a Wiggles World or Thomas & Friends themed area? Six Flags has announced that numerous parks will build these children-oriented areas in their parks next year.

On the flipside, some are saying the clearing of the area was a sign of Six Flags packing up their bags and signaling the sale of the park to a new operator.

However, Six Flags states that the 9 properties may be sold as a bundle, sold individually, or may be kept. In that case, if Magic Mountain is clearing a large parcel of land for a new childrens area, it would be natural to assume that Six Flags may be keeping Magic Mountain under their wing.

NL&F was one of the partners (Sea World was the other one) in building Magic Mountain in the first place. When it was sold to Six Flags in 1979, I've heard two things:

1. NL&F leased the land to Six Flags.

2. NL&F sold the land to Six Flags.

I don't know which is correct, so I don't know exactly what will happen when the park is sold to whoever buys it.

Eric

Really though, Who cares!?!

Its a good thing to see it all go, shows that MAYBE they are cleaning up their act. If it goes to a well, great! If its been sold, fine, more money for SFMM!

Either way, the junk is gone. So hopefully this is one of many things to come? Maybe theyll just rip out Flashback and throw its remains back there now!

But now that Im thinking about it, Jahan DID show that they were building a fence..maybe they did indeed sell the land? Now theyre just marking off whats ACTUALLY theirs! Oh Well!!!

-Ryan

Geez. how much longer is Flashback going to be mentioned? Everyone by know should know that they can't just tear it out and trash it. Every little thing requires money, and obviously, Flashback isn't top priority. With X about to re-open, there's plenty of other things to be cleared. The rumors of Scream getting a better parking lot theme [haha] or at least repaved and looking nicer, better staffing, more staffing, perhaps new paint jobs, but thats not necessary quite yet, and quite possibly a Psyclone rehab.

To what I've heard around the park, don't expect Psyclone to be open anytime soon. Sounds like its about to go through a huge refurbishment. No idea if that is anyway related to the land being cleared behind it.

_six

To what I've heard around the park, don't expect Psyclone to be open anytime soon. Sounds like its about to go through a huge refurbishment. No idea if that is anyway related to the land being cleared behind it.

_six

Like I said... they're making it longer...

(sorry, I thought it was funny)

haha making it longer would make people want to ride it even less. but i hope the rehab [if thats what it is] changes the coaster a lot. I've been on it once and it wasn't exactly the most relaxing ride if ya know what I mean. well obviously. A rehab would do it good and new trains are neccessary, I guess. GAHH i just want to see something big happen at SFMM. I also heard rumors that Thrill Shot will be taken out. Can anyone confirm this?

^ Thrill Shot? .....heh.

Their actions in regards to Thrill Shot are on par with some of the cheesiest of soap operas. Initially, Thrill Shot was to close and be demolished for whatever reason. Then, they decided "Meh...let's open it. Why not?", and had a guy sit on top of those poles for weeks repairing and refurbishing the mechanics and structure. Everybody was all and all rather confident about reopening it. Many of us locals even witnessed the ride test-running, in preparation for its opening. An opening that would never come. Unfortunately, SFMM began their massive budget cuts at the end of summer of '06 and eventually slashed the ride off the budget. Again, the ride sat totally lifeless, to the point I began to hear of it's demolishment again.

Now I have heard that those rides (Dive Devil, Thrill Shot, and the go karts) are now off of the "Operations" spreadsheets and now belong to the "Games Department"...most likely to ease an 'cash control' woes and to simply get it off of Operation's hands--a move they are sure to appreciate. With this change, I have heard that Thrill Shot will in fact be reopened again!

So point being....who knows?! SFMM can't make up their minds!

-Jahan

I'm just speculating here...since Jahan brought it to my attention that the park has recently cleared out the "graveyard/boneyard" behind Psyclone...

...could there be a slight chance that Magic Mountain may soon be home to a Wiggles World or Thomas & Friends themed area? Six Flags has announced that numerous parks will build these children-oriented areas in their parks next year.

On the flipside, some are saying the clearing of the area was a sign of Six Flags packing up their bags and signaling the sale of the park to a new operator.

However, Six Flags states that the 9 properties may be sold as a bundle, sold individually, or may be kept. In that case, if Magic Mountain is clearing a large parcel of land for a new childrens area, it would be natural to assume that Six Flags may be keeping Magic Mountain under their wing.

I know I'm replying to my own post, but I call Wiggles World or Thomas & Friends!

(Now with the official knews and knowing the park will be kept under Six Flags ownership)

I doubt that parcel of land is being returned to Newhall for a well project.

^ well, that would be good for attracting families but that just seems too far back and secluded to become another area in the park without something being taken out like Psyclone and/or Deja Vu. Buth who knows, I do hope it is something for the park, and not just being given back to Newhall.